Hammerstein May 12, 2006

Hammerstein 2nd night 2006 is my #2 favorite Post 2000 GnR show I have attended (1st was Apollo Theater 2017) ... the buzz in that venue was so electric.  Axl ripped up that place like a 24 yr old.  I was living in NYC at the time and regret just seeing one of those Hammerstein shows but they were really late starts.  Was such huge buzz in the city about the band around that time too.  He was in Page 6 like every other day :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAxlMorrison said:

I don’t think if the world could’ve been done in ‘99. Before Bucket joined? That wouldn’t make sense, it was a Bucket song wasn’t it?

I think vocals were likely recorded in 2000, the Village leak is dated to November 2000.

EDIT: That said, Bucket doesn't have a writing credit (just Rose and Pitman), so it could be his guitar parts were added later and it was initially just synths à la Eye On You.

Edited by Amir

1 hour ago, JAxlMorrison said:

I don’t think if the world could’ve been done in ‘99. Before Bucket joined? That wouldn’t make sense, it was a Bucket song wasn’t it?

It's a Pitman song with Bucket overdubs. Sean Beaven did the vocals so could have been early 2000, sorry I should've noticed my mistake. There are no new vocals on the album version compared to the 2000 era mix we have. 

13 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

It's a Pitman song with Bucket overdubs. Sean Beaven did the vocals so could have been early 2000, sorry I should've noticed my mistake. There are no new vocals on the album version compared to the 2000 era mix we have. 

This gives me hope there's a version of Eye on You with Finck and Bucket guitars...

• Like 1

That time when we got first news and clips about the Hammerstein shows was magical. The band was on fire, Axl was fit and ready to kick some ass, and he truly did there. I truly hope there are some pro quality recordings of those shows somewhere in Axl's vault.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Judezki said:

That time when we got first news and clips about the Hammerstein shows was magical. The band was on fire, Axl was fit and ready to kick some ass, and he truly did there. I truly hope there are some pro quality recordings of those shows somewhere in Axl's vault.

When did the leaks happen that year? Feb 2006 wasn't it? It was before I became a fan but early 2006 must've been so exciting with Axl on Eddie Trunk, the tour announced, the leaks and those Hammerstein shows. 

But most of all, that first article and the pics of him with his braids tied back for the first time. He was back. 

Sorry to bring this up again but fuck... THIS IS PERFECT! Axl's singing is the best I've even seen, Robin playing his own solo with his passionate playing, BBF nailing Bucket's solo note per note, everything is just spot on. Man, if I had the chance to go back in time and go to one GnR concert, this might have been it.

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 2

On 11/8/2023 at 11:19 AM, vail2004 said:

Hammerstein 2nd night 2006 is my #2 favorite Post 2000 GnR show I have attended (1st was Apollo Theater 2017) ... the buzz in that venue was so electric.  Axl ripped up that place like a 24 yr old.  I was living in NYC at the time and regret just seeing one of those Hammerstein shows but they were really late starts.  Was such huge buzz in the city about the band around that time too.  He was in Page 6 like every other day :) 

I was there too bro. Best concert of my life. My feet never touched the floor in jungle. People who weren't there have no idea the hype. And Axl delivered 

• Like 2