Acoustic Appetite cover (whole album)

Interesting to see the acoustic arrangement. But the vocals put me off, when people imitate Axl, and it clearly comes off as imitation, it usually becoming hard for me to listen to it, it quickly falls on the wrong side of the awesome/cringe division. That being said, the singer is clearly talented with a great range. 

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

Stumbled across this on YouTube. Have to say it’s pretty damn good!

Good skill in the playing and the singing, however my only criticism would be that they play the songs exactly the same, just on an acoustic guitar. Songs like Nightrain would sound great written as a proper low slung bluesy acoustic. I don't like power chords particularly on an acoustic guitar, they could have rearanged them to be actual acoustic style songs, rather than just hard rock songs played on an acoustic guitar. 

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

Interesting to see the acoustic arrangement. But the vocals put me off, when people imitate Axl, and it clearly comes off as imitation, it usually becoming hard for me to listen to it, it quickly falls on the wrong side of the awesome/cringe division. That being said, the singer is clearly talented with a great range. 

I think if you just listen to the singer without watching the video or seeing his face, it makes it less cringy. maybe its a trick of the brain or the eye, but when i watch him it does seem cringy. then just hearing him he actually sounds pretty powerful

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

I think if you just listen to the singer without watching the video or seeing his face, it makes it less cringy. maybe its a trick of the brain or the eye, but when i watch him it does seem cringy. then just hearing him he actually sounds pretty powerful

No, I can't bear it either way :D. I mean, he has a great voice, range and power and all, it's the "twang" (in lack of a better word), the forced squealing, that I can't take. Axl barely managed to get away with it himself (many people felt he didn't and his voice was polarizing from the very beginning) but at least with Axl it comes across as genuine and raw and he added masking to sort-of hide the squealing much better than this guy.

• Haha 1

Very impressive. I didn't hear the whole thing, but the parts I've heard were pretty good. I mean, I understand the thing with Axl's imitations, but the guy is very talented in his own right. I almost feel like he could do better by not trying to imitate Axl's voice and go with a more unique approach. 

The acoustic renditions were very good too, the guy is talented. I do think it would be better with a more different arrangement, as some stuff was too close to the electric guitar version.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...