AFD inducted into the Grammy's Hall of Fame on May 21st

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, MaskingApathy said:

Yeah that would never happen, the Recording Academy is much more organized than that. 

In my defense, it's mostly Fiction! 😜 Although I did create a valuable excuse for why Older Axl doesn't have a significant other. I said in my Fictional Axl Rose story that Older Axl wasn't dating because he was too busy with Guns N'Roses to date. On MYGNR Forum a Poster asked something like,"I wonder why Axl doesn't have a significant other. I mentioned my Fictional Older Axl not dating because he's too busy with Guns N'Roses to date and I said maybe it's because of that for the real Axl Rose? A Poster responded something like,"Uh, Slash, Duff, and Frank all had or have Significant Others and they are all busy with Guns N'Roses too. So maybe Axl just doesn't want a significant other and is perfectly happy with being single. 💡

Edited by Karice

Is it just me who finds the lack of enthusiasm for Appetite For Destruction Album FINALLY getting a Grammy Ceremony REALLY weird? 🤨🤔💡😐 Only FOUR pages for something that is a REALLY big event for Guns N'Roses. 😐💡🤔🤨 To put this into perspective , someone could start a thread saying something like,"I found an ORIGINAL first run Appetite For Destruction Album for $1 at my local thrift store , what a steal deal! 😀 And that thread could get about 8 pages, but Appetite For Destruction getting a Grammy Ceremony only gets 4 pages? 🤨🤔💡😐 Something isn't right here. 💡🤔🤨😐

4 hours ago, Karice said:

Is it just me who finds the lack of enthusiasm for Appetite For Destruction Album FINALLY getting a Grammy Ceremony REALLY weird? 🤨🤔💡😐 Only FOUR pages for something that is a REALLY big event for Guns N'Roses. 😐💡🤔🤨 To put this into perspective , someone could start a thread saying something like,"I found an ORIGINAL first run Appetite For Destruction Album for $1 at my local thrift store , what a steal deal! 😀 And that thread could get about 8 pages, but Appetite For Destruction getting a Grammy Ceremony only gets 4 pages? 🤨🤔💡😐 Something isn't right here. 💡🤔🤨😐

It's just you

54 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

It's just you

I don't know why. It seems to me that Appetite For Destruction Album FINALLY getting a Grammy Ceremony after 37 years would have been a LOT of pages, not just four. 😵‍💫🤔🤨💡

Posted (edited)

I wonder if maybe the Appetite For Destruction's  album FINALLY getting a Grammy Ceremony should have happened in 2016. 🤔💡On 2016 Guns N'Roses were REALLY doing well, extremely well.  🤔💡n 2024, Guns N'Roses isn't doing all that well with Axl being sued for sexual assault. 🤔💡 Maybe in 2016, there would have been much more excitement on MYGNR than the extremely lackluster and lukewarm response it got in 2024 in the midst of Axl being sued for sexual assault. 🤔🤭

Edited by Karice

On 5/25/2024 at 8:24 AM, Karice said:

It's honestly that people really don't give a fuck about awards. That includes both us and seemingly the band members. 

Nothing 'not right' about that at all- they're naff, back slapping events filled with self important people patting themselves on the back that have no bearing on any of us, our lives, or music. 

I honestly wouldn't even know about it happening if it wasn't for this thread. 

Hmm. As a side note to my hypothetical post about finding an ORIGINAL first run Appetite For Destruction album for $1, does anyone know how much an ORIGINAL first run Appetite For Destruction Album is worth? 🤔

On 6/1/2024 at 8:42 AM, allwaystired said:

It's honestly that people really don't give a fuck about awards. That includes both us and seemingly the band members. 

Nothing 'not right' about that at all- they're naff, back slapping events filled with self important people patting themselves on the back that have no bearing on any of us, our lives, or music. 

I honestly wouldn't even know about it happening if it wasn't for this thread. 

Hmm. I think I remember reading somewhere that the People's Choice Awards and the Billboard Music Awards are more of what the general Public REALLY voted for instead of the Grammys. 🤔💡