Terrible Music

Mama Kin

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically most people here on this forum enjoy classic rock and blues based music?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well basically i do yeah. I'm very open minded but being very open minded makes me realise that Rock is missing something these days and it is somehing noticable. Great Sig by the way Death Star ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks! Where I got the sig for you ask??? I saw the sig on a banned user marty mcfly and thought yeah! Great sig I love back to the future!

ferdinand rocks..special sauce all over that first album

and jovi sucks a mean dick

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: Come on give Bon Jovi a little credit, i mean they are trying to get back into the limelight and it cant be easy when your competing against bands who quite literally dont know how to Rock

So basically most people here on this forum enjoy classic rock and blues based music?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well basically i do yeah. I'm very open minded but being very open minded makes me realise that Rock is missing something these days and it is somehing noticable. Great Sig by the way Death Star ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks! Where I got the sig for you ask??? I saw the sig on a banned user marty mcfly and thought yeah! Great sig I love back to the future!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea me too man. Every film is a classic

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yea me too man. Every film is a classic

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But lets talk "back" in PMing so as not to get off topic.

teehee  :D why thankyou Mama Kin!  ;) This has been a very interesting thread...but I genuinely believe that compared to past decades, so far this one has the least memorable fashions and musical genres. Or do you think thats just because we are in it at the moment? Any opinions anyone??  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its definately been the least memorable decade including fashion and music. It has all turned very bland and very boring. We need someone who can kick in with a great guitar solo, someone who can sing to great lengths and not sound like they are whining *cough Oasis cough* and someone who can set the stage alight with a great fashion presence and we have nobody who can do all these things at the moment

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed, we need a Bowie-equiviliant for this generation...at least we are only halfway through this decade...

Yeah great sig Death Star! :lol: Great films...

motley crue>greenday.

seems right.

i would think people who can play decent rock n roll are better than people who cant play insturments to save their lives and do nothing but whine in every song.

yeah that looks pretty well to me.

i mean motley crue ill admit arent really that good.

but they are still much better than greenday

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

super silly indeed! :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D

they've been in the mainstream eye since dookie, eleven frigging years ago. deal with it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cliff Richard has been in the mainstream eye since 1955. I still wouldn't buy one of his records...

Although, I do love "Summer Holiday"...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that wasnt the point love, whoever was complaining about green day was complaining they'd 'suddenly' gone mainstream, when they've been big for years.

xx

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You're wasting your time, he likes R Kelly.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Reading this in the knowledge that you're a Green Day fan makes me chuckle...

:laugh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You chuckle away. In the meantime, im pissing myself.

Yeah I'm not fan of Metallica, Motley Crue or Greenday either, but back to the other terrible music around...I think that the current music scene is simply over-saturated with mediocre indie-pop, and unfortunately there is a lack of quality new music that appeals to fans of classic rock etc.

But I agree with Sabre, that the Tokyo Dragons are a great up-and-coming band, and the Datsuns are cool.  B) Hopefully soon there will be a change in the music scene. I wish there was a wider range of musical subcultures because at the moment it feels like music and fashion are quite bland in comparison to past trends...

Too much boring music!  :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's plenty of good music around, you just have to look for it. You have to work for your pleasures, not just expect it to appear, like being fed to you on a plate. Any music that's that easy to come across ususlly isn't worth a shit.

Besides, it makes it so much more special and rewarding when you do unearth that little gem after searching for it.

Yeah I'm not fan of Metallica, Motley Crue or Greenday either, but back to the other terrible music around...I think that the current music scene is simply over-saturated with mediocre indie-pop, and unfortunately there is a lack of quality new music that appeals to fans of classic rock etc.

But I agree with Sabre, that the Tokyo Dragons are a great up-and-coming band, and the Datsuns are cool.  B) Hopefully soon there will be a change in the music scene. I wish there was a wider range of musical subcultures because at the moment it feels like music and fashion are quite bland in comparison to past trends...

Too much boring music!  :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There's plenty of good music around, you just have to look for it. You have to work for your pleasures, not just expect it to appear, like being fed to you on a plate. Any music that's that easy to come across ususlly isn't worth a shit.

Besides, it makes it so much more special and rewarding when you do unearth that little gem after searching for it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True, i've searched through record stores and found something completely different from what i was looking for and ended up being great, i've also found some horrible stuff :scared:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: Come on give Bon Jovi a little credit, i mean they are trying to get back into the limelight and it cant be easy when your competing against bands who quite literally dont know how to Rock

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well then, we're speaking a different language. I thought bands like Bon Jovi had put to bed about 15 years ago. Come on, you're slating the mainstream and then you're trying to give a band like Bon Jovi credit for still going, have you heard that god awful piece of shit they're calling their latest album? i have unfortunately,( in work and NOT through choice, i must add.) and it's not nice. If i ever heard radio friendly watered down rock music with absolutely nothing viable or remotely challenging to say, then this is it. If you think this is rock n roll, then we are in different fucking stratospheres.

That lead single is ear bleedingly bad...

*Pound* *Pound* Have a Nice Daaaaay!

Almost as bad as the one from a few years ago, wear he talked about spreading his wings and flying. Gonna live his life, everyday-ee.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, it is unbearable, in fact it should be made illegal.

But, low and behold, there is a place for it, it goes by the name of mediocrity.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well then, we're speaking a different language. I thought bands like Bon Jovi had put to bed about 15 years ago. Come on, you're slating the mainstream and then you're trying to give a band like Bon Jovi credit for still going, have you heard that god awful piece of shit they're calling their latest album? i have unfortunately,( in work and NOT through choice, i must add.) and it's not nice. If i ever heard radio friendly watered down rock music with absolutely nothing viable or remotely challenging to say, then this is it. If you think this is rock n roll, then we are in different fucking stratospheres.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thank god finally someone who understands,

BON JOVI IS NOT ROCK!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BON JOVI IS NOT ROCK!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He used to be then he kina went pop on us.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BON JOVI IS NOT ROCK!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

then again (not to slag em off but just to be clear) neither is greenday

teehee  :D why thankyou Mama Kin!  ;) This has been a very interesting thread...but I genuinely believe that compared to past decades, so far this one has the least memorable fashions and musical genres. Or do you think thats just because we are in it at the moment? Any opinions anyone??  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its definately been the least memorable decade including fashion and music. It has all turned very bland and very boring. We need someone who can kick in with a great guitar solo, someone who can sing to great lengths and not sound like they are whining *cough Oasis cough* and someone who can set the stage alight with a great fashion presence and we have nobody who can do all these things at the moment

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ohh come on... Oasis is the biggest rock band in England. Oasis is bigger than any of your gay bands including that pile of shite called Motley Crap. Oasis got at least 2 of the best albums in the whole history (Definitely Maybe & Whats the story Morning Glory?).

Oasis> the whole fucking music scene

Ohh come on... Oasis is the biggest rock band in England. Oasis is bigger than any of your gay bands including that pile of shite called Motley Crap. Oasis got at least 2 of the best albums in the whole history (Definitely Maybe & Whats the story Morning Glory?).

Oasis> the whole fucking music scene

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But you have to admit, the singing (and I use this word generously) is whiny and shit.

on topic, I like arc's quote that there is good and bad music. If you're gonna group bands into categories and say you like a certain category then you are gonna be challenged over a band that is arguably not in that genre ie bon jovi. Theyve always been a pop band, just with guitars.

Edited by sabre

Music labels/genre's are gay.

Didn't Elvis once say, "there are two type's of music - good music & bad music". I agree with him. Bon Jovi is good, Green Day is bad.

:lol:  Just wait until Mr Fukaji see's this post!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mr Fukaji's the least of your worries, sunshine. You like The Beatles, i dig that much yet nonetheless there's a place in your heart for Bon Jovi. You do realise this tips the scales way way in the opposite direction from The Beatles?! in fact that band you seem to dislike so much (whispers GD) have more in common with a rock n roll band like The Beatles as in they have no pretensions and is not completely watered down.

BTW R Kelly= very VERY bad :lol:

Didn't Elvis once say, "there are two type's of music - good music & bad music". I agree with him. Bon Jovi is good, Green Day is bad.

Mr Fukaji's the least of your worries, sunshine. You like The Beatles, i dig that much yet nonetheless there's a place in your heart for Bon Jovi. You do realise this tips the scales way way in the opposite direction from The Beatles?! in fact that band you seem to dislike so much (whispers GD) have more in common with a rock n roll band like The Beatles as in they have no pretensions and is not completely watered down.

Eh -- This goes out to both of you -- I think it all comes down to a matter of opinion (duh). I'm guilty of bashing bands I don't like, but lately i'm starting to see that it's simply not worth arguing.

People have their own tastes.... :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eh -- This goes out to both of you -- I think it all comes down to a matter of opinion (duh). I'm guilty of bashing bands I don't like, but lately i'm starting to see that it's simply not worth arguing.

People have their own tastes.... :huh:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mmm yeh, but it's a forum, sunny jim.

Open to debate and discussion.

E.g WHY do you like that band, WHY do you hate this band? and what kind of valid reasons do you have, if any?. And will you come off looking like an asshole in the process?! :lol:

Edited by nunchuck