Would Axl ever write a song

highvoltage

I'm curious about what you people think.

The early days of Guns N' Roses - including the old members played such a huge part in Axl's life. Because of this, i'm sure he resents the way things turned out.

My question here is, would he ever write a song about the breakup of the band, or about his feelings towards the old members? I feel like that part of his life is too significant for him to ignore completely...

Anyway, assuming he did - Would it be a big 'fuck you' (Double Talkin' Jive style)? Would it have a slight tone of regret or a tinge of nostalgia (Yesterdays style)?

Any thoughts?

Very good question, I have wondered this also. I think that with as much time has passed, he couldnt still be as pissed off as he may have been. I doubt it would be "Double talkin jive"-ish. I think by now, if it were such an intense breakup behind the scenes as claimed, I think AXL's most likely response would be...."The music will do all of the talking." A kickass record stating..."should've stayed for the ride PAL!" is what I expect IF we ever see it. Of course this is all speculation but with the way the man is(doesn't force his opinion down the public's throat), silent vengeance is to be expected. After all, why give attention to something or someone you are trying to put in the past? "The Garden" - "sure glad to know ya....bye bye...so long!"

MaryJane, you too good to me. :ph34r:

I thought Breakdown was written with a split in mind. Axl knew he was gonna screw everyone. Listen to Locomotive. Sometimes it's best to walk away. Yesterdays? 14 years of Pain? Dust N Bones? I don't need your Civil War? He knew what he was writing. Basically "game over, dudes."

maybe a bit of both i mean maybe something along the lines of the court case and shit that went on back in the old days would be double talkin jive stye but also maybe he wishes that they hadnt broken up and they were still going strong then that would be yesterdays style but thats in my opinion it could be a song that combines them both

rock on rock3

What if he can't let it go and everysong on CD was about the breakup in some shape or form!

Have velvet revolver done anysongs about the breakup? i know Scott probably writes a lot of the lyrics but maybe he could be a medium for slash or duffs emotions.

Maybe axl will write a song about the ex members then maybe VR wil retaliate and it will be like a modern day rap battle, obviously guns will win as Axl is more in touch with his inner rapper.

The early days of Guns N' Roses - including the old members played such a huge part in Axl's life. Because of this, i'm sure he resents the way things turned out.

My question here is, would he ever write a song about the breakup of the band, or about his feelings towards the old members? I feel like that part of his life is too significant for him to ignore completely...

Anyway, assuming he did - Would it be a big 'fuck you' (Double Talkin' Jive style)? Would it have a slight tone of regret or a tinge of nostalgia (Yesterdays style)?

Any thoughts?

He did its called madagascar.

Any thoughts?

He did its called madagascar.

I'd call it a fair stretch to say that madagascar is about the former lineup. I can see certain lines in the song that would point to it, but others just don't seem to fit - JMO...

I bet the majority of the lyrics he writes now are about the end of guns n roses and about the guys involved, because it was such an important part of his life.

I think the 2nd verse of Maddy sounds suspiciously like its bein aimed at former band mates.

Grimo.

I bet the majority of the lyrics he writes now are about the end of guns n roses and about the guys involved, because it was such an important part of his life.

I think the 2nd verse of Maddy sounds suspiciously like its bein aimed at former band mates.

Grimo.

I think that he must have gotten over the break-up now.. I beleive that he has written, most likely never recorded, a strong rocker with "fuck you"-attitude about the split.. But this has to be somewhere in the late 90's.. Now I don't have a clue what he writes about :huh:

maybe a bit of both i mean maybe something along the lines of the court case and shit that went on back in the old days would be double talkin jive stye but also maybe he wishes that they hadnt broken up and they were still going strong then that would be yesterdays style but thats in my opinion it could be a song that combines them both

rock on rock3

didn't izzy write double talking jive ?

I been too sure to offer my help

I set it up again dressed as somebody else

Feel I'm stumbling all along

Feel like I'll never get ya outta this song

Feel I'm just too sad to kill

Maybe like I just walked in my shit

They'll be waiting on me I know

Like a broken record for so long

Gonne call the President

Oooh, gonna get myself a private eye

Gonna get the IRS

Gonna get myself the FBI

Gonna make this a federal case

Gonna win and rub it right in your face

I don't know how else you could intrepret these lyrics except being about the old band and putting the new one together. Especially the lines in bold.

Edited by D-GenerationX

From Oh My God

And they wont give in

Cause they know what they're after

A kick in the face

Like its all that would matter

Ohh

Oh my god

I can't deny this

I've been taught just to murder and fight this

To bury it deeper where no one can find it

Cuz nobody wouldn't know

Ooh, if it opens your eyes

This is better than a good compromise

I was willing to be lost in the shuffle

If only you had let me knowOoh, well it's on with the show

Like the tide down on the ocean

The waves already set in motion

The only one in the game that's lost is you

From Rhiad and The Bedouins

Rhiad and the Bedouins

Had a plan and thought they'd win

But I don’t give a fuck about them

Cause I ain't crazy

Oh, my salvation

Oh, my frustrations

Caught in the lies

No one I love is there

Somewhere in time

When will I, get there?

Ohhhh

Rhiad and the bedouins

So that’s the world ????

But anybody ????

Who can’t blame me?

Half the time they’re bedouins

Nomads and/or Aryans

You’ll never take me

From Madagascar

(insert alot of lyrics here)

The Blues

(See Madagascar)

It seems like almost all of the new songs deal with the breakup... So the question should be, would axl ever write a song NOT about the breakup?