AC/DC: Front man poll..

Wando

65 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The second question is the most interesting. I guess everyone agrees with Bon being a better lyricist than Brian but on Brian-era has been written the big hits so I guess Brian's the "hit maker".

I don't know if you can say "songwise" but with that I meant, which eras songs do you prefer :)

Q1: Bon Scott

Q2: No

Q3: Bon-era

I think that AC/DC would have been big if Bon wouldn't have died, but Back In Black really made a massive impact on the music industry along with the whole Bon Scott death story that goes with it. So I don't think they would have been as big, but still would have been fairly big.

I can't say I like one era better then the other. Both have their pros and cons. Both are great though.

What? :o I thought I added a option of "I can't decide" to the last one. I even checked it through spellcheck.net.. Not that important but if a mod reads this, please add it :)

I agree with you completly on the voice-question. The Jailbreak from the live-album is just wrong ^_^ I've began to prefer Brian over Bon as a front man though. Bon fits more into a small venue with a audience of 2000. But Brian is made for big venues like Donnington and now it just fits better when they're so big.

Q1: Bon

Q2: No

Q3: Bon Era

I have never really got into Brians voice, he is a great frontman though, and a fantastic replacement for Bon. Brian Era has created some of the best AC/DC songs (Back in Black, Thunderstruck, For those about to Rock). I dont think they would have been as big if Bon hadnt of died, the whole frontman dies, band chooses singer that the original told them would be a good replacement story is great for selling albums...especially Back in Black.

Just had a stupid thought ... Not wanting to offend anyone, imagine AC/DC with Bono as frontman and vocalist. Now that would be heavy. I still love AC/DC and U2 though.

Now, for the questions

I can't decide who's the better frontman, because I haven't seen them live.

I don't know if they'd been bigger if Bon wouldn't have died.

And the Bon songs are better IMO.

I liked Bon scott's style and I thought he had much better stage presence than Brian. But without brian they'd never have written backk in Black which was a funeral tribute to scott so his death was essential to the creatio of that album and without it, the band might not be where they are today

Just had a stupid thought ... Not wanting to offend anyone, imagine AC/DC with Bono as frontman and vocalist. Now that would be heavy. I still love AC/DC and U2 though.

That would be awful.

U2 are a band about politics, and Bono is a tosser with a hopeless live voice. I honestly don't think he's got a lot of power vocally.

AC/DC don't worry themselves with politics and crap like U2 do. They're about different stuff altogether, and I really don't want to ever think about Bono fronting them. :D