Discuss your thoughts of the leaked CD tracks ...

gunsguy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To say Slash's absence is killing this new band is an understatement. None of these new solos do anything for me...

And Slash's solos in Velvet Revolver do?

Couldn't agree more. Also, Axl singing VR stuff would suck. Just like Sebastian Bach would - even though I love him and would rather have him in VR than Scott. It just doesn't match.Same thing about Slash play New GnR stuff besides being unfair with the ppl who worked their asses offer to get it done and who sticked up with the band.

Edited by NiGhTrAiN®

To say Slash's absence is killing this new band is an understatement. None of these new solos do anything for me...

And Slash's solos in Velvet Revolver do?

Exactly. Slash is not some Almighty force in VR. In GN'R, he brought his guitar to the edge, that's for sure. However, his stuff for VR is uninspiring, and that is the understatement.

Moreover, Vince, his absence is killing this band? Hm, really? Wrong. Do you not see the buzz that this band has created for the past couple of weeks with simple demos? Even if people don't realize that this is the same band, they notice the music still. All of a sudden, Slash's absence is killing them? Get out of the 80s. I can't stand how people live in the 80s with GN'R. People came to see Axl AND Slash. Now that they're apart, Slash is getting his recognition in VR, and Axl continues with GN'R. There are two worlds out there now that they are apart, and people still can't get over it. VR fans can accept a band without Axl, thank God for that. Why can't people accept Axl without Slash for a change? People whine about waiting 10 years for CD, yet they can't get over the fact that something that happened over 10 years ago still bothers them.

Here's the problem: Axl Rose can't take over Guns N Roses and deliever an album that doesn't resonate well with fans of Appetite and UYI. If he does that, he will severly hurt his legacy and the GNR brand. The bottom line is this: none of these new songs have blown any of us away. None of them have received ubiquitous praise from the forum and from the public. SOFINE, if you think I am wrong fine, but are all of the callers in Boston wrong too? The general consensus is poor, and if I were Axl and TWAT was a big gun I would be very worried. And as a fan, so should you!

Here's your problem. :fuckyou: you fucker. You have your oppinion about these songs and i have mine. Yes,i do like Appetite.Yes,i do like Illusion 1&2 and Yes i do like these new songs. Nobody has to push me with their oppinion. We already now it that you don't like the songs so don't listen to them. And surely don't buy the new album so you can't annoy me/us again with this bullshit. A have a lot of respect for Axl. As well as a person as a musician. Why are you a G N' R fan annyway? To complain about the band all the time?

Here's your problem fucker! If you don't know what an arugment and what a critique are, go find some help. Kaneda surely didn't presonally attack you. He stated his opinion but didn't shove it up your ass like you claimed Kaneda did. So stop whining like some emo faq about how they are made victims by somone else while all along, it was their own failure to critically think that subdued them.

You see there's gonna be a lot of ppl bitching CD doesn't sound as great as they expected when it's finally released. No matter how great it might be, ppl are gonna complain.Some ppl are just never happy with anything. Truth is, for us real GnR diehard fans, it doesn't matter,really. If Axl recorded the the sound of his fart and released a cd entitled "Axl Rose's farting remixes - No democracy,no right to vote- Just listen up and smell the smoke” we would buy it and smile proudly saying no one else blows wind like he does.Some other ppl will say it is poor musically or that he didn't eat enough cheese the night before so that's why it doesn't sound so great. I mean, wtf is your problem? If you go back and check Perfect Crime or November Rain demos they sound like sh*t. It is hard to believe they turn out to sound so great in the final version and honestly, from the songs we've had opportunity to check out , even being only demo, I thought the rocked. I agree that ppl have different opinions but that sorta makes me understand why Axl has been so reclusive. Songs are great, his voices is perfect , but ppl are always gonna complain. This, me thinks, is one of the reasons he's so compulsively perfectionist and reclusive and is one of the reasons for the delay of the album.

I would be more happy if all songs were as 'simple' as Better. I don't need any BS, sophistication,complexity or any of that crap that annoying ppl like to expect. I mean, just his voice singing nice lyrics with nice rhymes and a good rhythm guitar and solo accomplishes for a perfect CD for me. What else could I expect when I put a Guns n Roses cd in my car's cd-player and turn up the volume? No more “I'm not happy with the final results.”What else do you want ? Axl wrapped up in ribbons delivery in your house by Fedex?

Give me a fuckin' break. If 13 years is not long enough for you to listen that voices that makes you bang your head and yell “yeeeeeah” frantically, maybe you should check the website www.ineedabiggerdildo.com to help you stop complaining and enjoy the moment for once!

Hey, I'm a die hard fan too, but if Axl's fart was recorded, I wouldn't live in self denial like you claim you would. I'm sure you're a die hard fan, but you just showed that you can't be objective with that kinda mentality of yours.

Maybe the reason for Axl's problems is that Axl wants fans to like the music, not just liking it because its Axl Rose or because its GNR. Axl wants his music to mean something to people. you can critique anything, whether you like it or not like it. People don't decide, what's good and what's bad before they start critiqing. You seem like you're a little too emotional over the band too. I know its just a demo, but Kaneda expressed his opinion intelligently. I agree with Kaneda but at the same time, I have arguements against kaneda's openions aswell. Its just lame to come out and say that you're some starved blind fan and so anything is great!

the guy above(above the guy who replied to him) generally posted my sentiments, there was a time is a brilliant song those that dislike it are definately stuck somewhere in the past, its not old guns n roses, its not slash its Axl and his new band, get used to it because thats all thats going to come out of them for the forseeable future, if you really want slash stick with VR, I'm sure you're happy there,

but there was a time has one of the best solo's I've heard in years in the latter stage of the song, yes it has alot going on but this simply adds to the brilliance of the song and the fact its a 2year + old demo is quite amazing, I can only imagine what the finished article will be like.

Edited by muttyhc

kaneda, fuck you. im not saying it angrily or loudly just fuck you

comparing this music to past GNR is stupid ofcourse it doesnt win, THANKS FOR THE NEWS FLASH WALTER KRONKITE!

but as it was said before, comparing it to todays music. it dominates

THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION, but I've always felt that Madagascar fits the best as the missing piece of the Illusions saga since the references to the shore resonate so well with Estranged and the approach seems to be similar to the Illusions epics.

However, I will add that being "alone" in There Was A Time seems to have the same kind of meaning as with Estranged, so who knows.

It just seems like There Was A Time is directed more towards a newer sound, while Madagascar fits with the style that was consistent throughout the three Illusions songs - so if the missing piece of the Illusions saga is even on CD at all, it would make a lot more sense for it to be the one that fits in stylistically.

Kaneda you're welcome for the songs by the way ;)

As usual you have made a competent and fair post and as usual there is a bunch of kiss-ass people with no argument out to disagree with you. However I myself don't agree but I'm gonna do so in a way which does not involve 'swearing to prove a point'.

On hearing these new demos I realised the difference between Kurt Cobain and Axl Rose. Axl whilst great in many ways struggles to bring his music up to date - Hence why he has taken a very long time. If you listen to 'You know you're right' by Nirvana you hear music which is way ahead of its time. This new music by Guns N' Roses is relevent because of bands like NIN.

Now Axl knows that the dated art of 'Rock N' Roll' wont be a huge hitter in this day and age. So he has modernised Guns N' Roses and you have to give him credit for doing so successfully. I'm personally a huge fan of all the new demos and I think they will hit off in the new musical scene. The only fans who might be dissapointed by the the new material are those who think Guns N' Roses still contain Slash. The music is fresh it is relevent to the music scene and it is aimed at a new market. Music has evolved since 1991, Axl knows this and has produced music which can make it in the new world because Rock N' Roll just doesn't fly anymore.

Hey, I'm a die hard fan too, but if Axl's fart was recorded, I wouldn't live in self denial like you claim you would. I'm sure you're a die hard fan, but you just showed that you can't be objective with that kinda mentality of yours.

Maybe the reason for Axl's problems is that Axl wants fans to like the music, not just liking it because its Axl Rose or because its GNR. Axl wants his music to mean something to people. you can critique anything, whether you like it or not like it. People don't decide, what's good and what's bad before they start critiqing. You seem like you're a little too emotional over the band too. I know its just a demo, but Kaneda expressed his opinion intelligently. I agree with Kaneda but at the same time, I have arguements against kaneda's openions aswell. Its just lame to come out and say that you're some starved blind fan and so anything is great!

You are very objective trying to analyse my feelings and emotions just because I wrote a rank.What's more lame to speak your mind out or try to analyse people you don't even know ? Prove me wrong and don't buy CD if ppl say it suck and then we talk. It was just a comparison and sort of sarcasm and irony , some people don't get this kind of thing and also I think I was very descriptive when I said I just didn't want to make a big deal out of it, as simple as possible.

I want my money back shrink

Edited by NiGhTrAiN®

THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION, but I've always felt that Madagascar fits the best as the missing piece of the Illusions saga since the references to the shore resonate so well with Estranged and the approach seems to be similar to the Illusions epics.

However, I will add that being "alone" in There Was A Time seems to have the same kind of meaning as with Estranged, so who knows.

It just seems like There Was A Time is directed more towards a newer sound, while Madagascar fits with the style that was consistent throughout the three Illusions songs - so if the missing piece of the Illusions saga is even on CD at all, it would make a lot more sense for it to be the one that fits in stylistically.

I always felt that "The Blues" would be the 4th part of it. But for all we know, there could be a 5th and 6th part as well. Wouldn't that be wild.

I can't believe how your opinion of these demos is held in such high regard by everyone around here. I'm not bashing what you have said, what I am saying is at the end of the day...it's just an opinion. People get worked up so much that its ridiculous, they have to realise that opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. Just gotta respect what other people think of something.

And not that it should matter to anyone but in my opinion, i really like these songs, and can't wait for the album. :)

Monty

What's with the "family-friendly" lyrics?

I really love the soft side of Axl's music, love songs etc., but what about the "FUCK YOU" songs? I'm not looking for AFD, just looking for some fuckin attitude and conviction!. I think IRS and Better would be more convincing if he used some vulgar language, some explicit lyrics.

What do you guys think?

V~

On hearing these new demos I realised the difference between Kurt Cobain and Axl Rose. Axl whilst great in many ways struggles to bring his music up to date - Hence why he has taken a very long time. If you listen to 'You know you're right' by Nirvana you hear music which is way ahead of its time. This new music by Guns N' Roses is relevent because of bands like NIN.

Nirvanas music it's ahead of it's time? :lol:

Dude, are you on a fucking crack?......and NO, I don't mean that as an insult....I think you're really on a fucking CRACK!

Give me some of that shit you smoking!

axls puttin chinese dem things on the internet to get some use out of them and gh2 is to get the old guns n roses sound sback out there ready for the old guns to play all these gig would explain how slash knows so much and why axl at the mo is actin all freindly about old members in reality i reckon

slash-if axl asks him he would

duff - would prob follow slash

izzy prob could do with the moeny and would prob go for it

stephen- been sitting out side axls house and recording studio since he was fired basically waiting for another shot or some money to come to him from axls spare change.

dizzy- basically already there

so in realtiy mayb you will hear the old guns back together at these festivals and they'll be playing the more epic /rock songs ont he chinese democracy ..........

What's with the "family-friendly" lyrics?

I really love the soft side of Axl's music, love songs etc., but what about the "FUCK YOU" songs? I'm not looking for AFD, just looking for some fuckin attitude and conviction!. I think IRS and Better would be more convincing if he used some vulgar language, some explicit lyrics.

What do you guys think?

V~

wait for the goddamn album you fuck! ;) just kidding!

no, I like what i heard, music isnt always about how many vulgarities you can say

Dude, are you on a fucking crack?......and NO, I don't mean that as an insult....I think you're really on a fucking CRACK!

Ah I never said Nirvana's music was ahead of it's time. I said that song - You Know You're Right - was. It was also a demo (hence why I drew the comparison) which wasn't released for years after Kurt's death.

Pfffft, Nirvana....The fact that Kurt Cobain is looked at as some kind of generation x John Lennon makes me sick. All they did was make easy power chords, lack of solos, mindless screaming, and flannel shirts popular. No thanks. Here's a guy who loved his baby girl so much that he blew his brains out with a shotgun and left her with Courtney Love. What a guy. Talentless, dirty looking hack.....Ok i feel better now. :)

Guest JohnUlmer

Which would you rather see:

A 44-year-old man singing about the turbulence in his past or a 44-year-old man singing about scoring hot chicks and partying and trying to cram as many "fucks" as he can into one song?