And now,what's going to happen?

Gallagher Rose

Unfortunately, I don't think anything is going to change for awhile. We may hear something for "The Davinci Code" this summer. My bet is still on 2007 for a release(what the hell, its only a little over 9 months away)!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, I don't think anything is going to change for awhile. We may hear something for "The Davinci Code" this summer. My bet is still on 2007 for a release(what the hell, its only a little over 9 months away)!

yeah, well, in 2007 (if it's nto released by then) many people will say exactly the same thing: my bet is 2008

yeah, well, in 2007 (if it's nto released by then) many people will say exactly the same thing: my bet is 2008

I hope we're both wrong. Oh shit, that could mean a 2009 release................DAMN!

I doubt the leaks will pressure Axl to hurry up and release CD, if it was not planned yet. He does not allow others to force him into action, as we all know!

He will do what he wants, when he wants, although I think the public appearances and first leaks were planned. For a release coming up. After gettng IRS and better, I surprisingly lost interest in dl'ing any more of them anyway.

Come on dude! Shock the world with those tunes!

I hope we're both wrong. Oh shit, that could mean a 2009 release................DAMN!

HOT DAMN,WHAT IF EVEN THATS WRONG,AMAZON WAS RIGHT,AND IT'S RELEASED IN 2025

(ok,now it's time to shut up and not jinx it)

He will probably do nothing.

There is nothing for me that suggests anything happening this year. We still don't know who is in the band and whether Buckethead will be replaced, and if not and his stuff is on the album, how they can tour.

We know nothing. The failure to communicate is becoming so amazingly frustrated that I actually wouldn't mind the whole thing leaking now, as he is clearly not interested in releasing it.

Clearly not interested in releasing it? Obviously you've missed the following:

1. Axl's comments at the Korn party.

2. Slash's comments re: Chi Dem

3. The recent and numerous Axl sightings and photos.

4. The Amazon Chi Dem listing of late last year.

5. The Da Vinchi rumours which were not denied.

6. A GN'R album on a list of albums being mastered by a third party company.

What do these events mean to you? To me, it's more indication now that Chi Dem is imminent than we've possibly ever had. To think they are irrelevant to the status of the album would be mind-boggling and I don't know how you can claim no interest in releasing it exists.

And now these leaks. Do you really think these leaks have nothing at all to do with any of what I just wrote?

I wouldn't be surprised if Rose delays the album again..

He's let a lot of material get away from him.. tracks that were probably going to be on the final record.

Let's see what happens..

-Kickingthehabit

We all know how Axl is, but this is a stretch. Axl's a smart man, and he knows he can't prevent leaks forever. Odds are these leaks happened because they were either, a) orchestrated with Rose's consent, or B) because Rose has turned the album over to Geffen thus relinquishing control. Once that happens there ain't no turning back.

Yeah..Leaking demos is a good promotion sometimes...

sometimes.

Yes, what has leaked so far IMO is fantastic for the album. As long as it ends here.

As for us needing word from Axl now, which a lot of people seem to think...I don't think so. What's he gonna say that'll change anything that's just happened? They have a plan for releasing the album, they're gonna stick to it, IMO.

Edited by KBear

My instincts tell me we are closer than ever. However, there is always that side of me that doubts this album will ever see the light of day.

If I'm telling the truth... with each song I'm becoming increasingly nervous as I don't want to be let down. It has had too much hype. I'm still not sure If I want the Guns N' Roses legacy to re-write itself. Some things should just be left alone. I guess we will see before the end if this was one of those things. I certainely hope not. :book:

There is nothing for me that suggests anything happening this year. We still don't know who is in the band and whether Buckethead will be replaced, and if not and his stuff is on the album, how they can tour.

We know nothing. The failure to communicate is becoming so amazingly frustrated that I actually wouldn't mind the whole thing leaking now, as he is clearly not interested in releasing it.

What do these events mean to you? To me, it's more indication now that Chi Dem is imminent than we've possibly ever had. To think they are irrelevant to the status of the album would be mind-boggling and I don't know how you can claim no interest in releasing it exists.

And now these leaks. Do you really think these leaks have nothing at all to do with any of what I just wrote?

He's let a lot of material get away from him.. tracks that were probably going to be on the final record.

Let's see what happens..

-Kickingthehabit

We all know how Axl is, but this is a stretch. Axl's a smart man, and he knows he can't prevent leaks forever. Odds are these leaks happened because they were either, a) orchestrated with Rose's consent, or B) because Rose has turned the album over to Geffen thus relinquishing control. Once that happens there ain't no turning back.

sometimes.

Yes, what has leaked so far IMO is fantastic for the album. As long as it ends here.

As for us needing word from Axl now, which a lot of people seem to think...I don't think so. What's he gonna say that'll change anything that's just happened? They have a plan for releasing the album, they're gonna stick to it, IMO.

He said in 02 the album was coming out. It was said again in 04. Merck said 05 was 'The year of Guns n' Roses'. 2006 is no different.

Not until they release a statement. The leaks could be 3 or 4 years old and could be from anywhere, we don't know a thing. The Axl party stuff could all just be a coincidence too.

Let's see what happens..

-Kickingthehabit

sometimes.

He said in 02 the album was coming out. It was said again in 04. Merck said 05 was 'The year of Guns n' Roses'. 2006 is no different.

Not until they release a statement. The leaks could be 3 or 4 years old and could be from anywhere, we don't know a thing. The Axl party stuff could all just be a coincidence too.

Yes, in '02 he said the album was coming, but he also said "soon is not the word." 2004 was Axl's written statement about hoping to have a release date in a few months...that's it. 2005 was Merck's statement in response to a newspaper article...that's it. That's like one thing per year - and yes I do realize that some of what I mentioned began in 2005.

Don't know how you can say this is the same. It obviously isn't. There are just too many things going on right now to assume they are all a coincidence.

Edited by KBear

So surely with all of the media attention that Guns is getting right now, Geffen/sanctuary has to come out with an official statement of some kind early this week. This story has gotten tons of coverage all over the world, and I can't see the band keeping people in the dark any longer.

I know what you're thinking..."but this is Guns N Roses", but I refuse to believe this is one big coincidence. It's going to be interesting how management plays this.

I'm betting we get a RELEASE DATE within a week or two. I can't see how Guns can let all this publicity go to waste! Your thoughts?

CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW!

(I'm actually believing it this time!)