GH to proceed CD?

Montrealer

GH To Precede CD?

Written by Administrator

Tuesday, 21 February 2006

Corn Mo recently met Axl Rose at the Victoria's Secret Valentine party.

We asked him what Axl said about Chinese Democracy. He told us;

He said the label was going to put out a greatest hits and see how that goes and then release Chinese Democracy.

On Axl, Corn Mo said,

He was a really nice dude. The most sober in the room and had the patience to sit with a stupid fan (me) and a magician who had no idea who he was while there were a plethora of hot women in the room.

Oh for fuck sake! Stop fucking around with Greatest Hits and release the bloody album! There has been a greatest hits already! Fuckin' re-release it. :anger:

EDIT: I just spoke to my dad about it and now I agree with him. Axl might not neccessarily have anything to do with a greatest hits being released. Remember the company is going down the tubes so they need to make a shit load of money. Also a greatest hits would re-focus attention on Guns N' Roses. People would look them up and realise that they have a new album coming out = More Chinese Demorcacy record sales.

PS. Did anyone note Axl's response in detail? It puts beyond all doubt that the album is still called Chinese Democracy.

Edited by W. Axl Kev

In the news letter of liveinitaly.com it's written that Guns will play at gods of metal and that the greatest hits will come out on march, Chin Dem on May and in summer there will be a world tour.

Sorry for my english, I hope you can understand.

Edited by Xevon

A greatest hits would be like putting a window on an out-house...there's just no need.

With the recent leaks I can't see them putting of CD...I would think they would want to get it to press as soon as possible before all the tracks have been leaked after keeping it on tap for a decade.

OR maybe this is BS OR maybe the company wants to release a BO and Axl doesn't...he didn't want the last one released either so now axl has let the new tunes fly out there to force the company to release CD first....who knows hard to tell from the gossip line. I wouldn't buy a BO -

Just means CD is going to take that much longer. They could release CD instead of a greatest Hits(2)

Screw that, Just release the new material, I mean...does ANYONE here not own all the songs that would be on a greatest hits package?

A band with basically 3 albums is going to ahve two greatest hits packages? I don't know if I should laugh or cry at how lame that is.

I'm pretty sure I remember reading somewhere on one of the various Gn'R MBs over the past couple of days that Chinese Democracy would be "sneak released" under the cover of a Greatest Hits collection. Did anyone else read this? If its true, then the GH album they are talking about for March is actually CD in stealth.

I'm totaly not upset by this

If it get released I'll buy it anyway

but I'm oke with everything gnr will bring out

if cd comes out you know it's gonna sell big!

gh will do nothing to cd...

it's just getting fans back.

and getting more people to like gnr

so that CD will sell good

and Sanctuary have a smaller trouble(with there money and stuff)

I'm pretty sure I remember reading somewhere on one of the various Gn'R MBs over the past couple of days that Chinese Democracy would be "sneak released" under the cover of a Greatest Hits collection. Did anyone else read this? If its true, then the GH album they are talking about for March is actually CD in stealth.

I hope you're right

Why not just release a box set with all the studio albums, the live album, CD and two CD's of material of all the songs they already have in the bag now (Sarcasim)....really, why would anyone buy a GH of a bunch of songs we already own, and how many people don't know who Guns N' Roses are? The GHI collection wasn't released that long ago either!

If this is being put out as a cover and is really CD so that the new listings don't go up with the CD name before they are ready that would be cool...I just hate to see a band with basically 3 albums of new studio material to have two greatest hits CD....it's like a desperate cash in.... I mean Christ what's next, Axl on Hollywood Squares? No GH2 P L E A S E