GNR at Dublin RDS, Friday 9th June 2006 Discussion thread.

gunnai

i was meant to be staying at my dads place for this but that isn't happening anymore so i'm looking for a hotel, anyone know of a hotel that still has some rooms left, i tried most of em but they're all booked out :(

its pretty booked out that weekend, so much goin on in the city,

Me and a few mates will be roamin the streets until we can get a train outta there tho,

should be good craick!

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ ya, i mean what ups with with the retarded support? I wanted the Motley Crue so bad :(

How long will the support shit go on for? I know theres some rule it must be over by half 11.. but is it rlly strict, i doubt axl will stop up and go 'sorry dudes is 11.30.. goodnight'

If the gates are opening at 3pm.. the freak show (support) will go on for ages :scared:#

-- Thought of another q: why is the Dublin show part of the Download festival?

who gives a fuck about the support i dont all i want to see is GNR GNR and GNR as for times as long as it finishes so i have enough time to get to the airport for 6.30am im a happy man back to Stansted and then up to Donnington for the last two days rock1

Guns N' Roses

Funeral For A Friend

Bullet For My Valentine

Voodoo Six

Lauren Harris (Steve Harris's daughter)

To My Surprise

Heard on another forum that this was the lineup, anyone else hear this?

Guns N' Roses

Funeral For A Friend

Bullet For My Valentine

Voodoo Six

To My Surprise

eh??

6 bands in one night?? never heard this,

But if music only starts at 5, how they gonna fit em all in till 11.30?

I doubt thats true :no:

Guest AxlRox

^^ ya, i mean what ups with with the retarded support? I wanted the Motley Crue so bad :(

How long will the support shit go on for? I know theres some rule it must be over by half 11.. but is it rlly strict, i doubt axl will stop up and go 'sorry dudes is 11.30.. goodnight'

If the gates are opening at 3pm.. the freak show (support) will go on for ages :scared:#

who gives a fuck about the support i dont all i want to see is GNR GNR and GNR as for times as long as it finishes so i have enough time to get to the airport for 6.30am im a happy man back to Stansted and then up to Donnington for the last two days rock1

Yes but id prefer not to be depressed before hand!

Aw your going to see GNR twice! Lucky!!!

watching GNR live getting depressed beforehand, yeah as if, aint going to happen, im going to be the happiest Mo Fo around so happy im queuing up at 8.30 just to be at the front rock3

watching GNR live getting depressed beforehand, yeah as if, aint going to happen, im going to be the happiest Mo Fo around so happy im queuing up at 8.30 just to be at the front rock3

8.30 , bit of an exaggeration I hope

But seriously, What time would ya wanna queue to be near the front??

I dont wanna be stuck behind some 14 year old emo's crying out"where's Slash??" :fuckyou:

8.30 , bit of an exaggeration I hope

But seriously, What time would ya wanna queue to be near the front??

I dont wanna be stuck behind some 14 year old emo's crying out"where's Slash??" :fuckyou:

im being serious my plane lands at 7.45 im leaving airport gettin on next bus to rds and sitting down to queue so 830 900 ill be there say hello if your passing.

Guns N' Roses

Funeral For A Friend

Bullet For My Valentine

Voodoo Six

To My Surprise

yeah its true and pisses me off even more :anger:

this is ruining the whole thing for me and i also heard that Lauren Harris is a pop singer :anger:

fuck you money hungry promotors :fuckyou:

Guest AxlRox
does the rds have it's own stage?? that would be a bummer! I hope gn'r bring there own stage!!!

Hmmm i dont know .. never been there! But no doubt yes its prolly a shitty stage and I hope GNR bring there own one!

What I dont get about the support is, that the music is different, and the GNR crowd arent gona like it (well the majority I cant speak for everyone)

yeah its true and pisses me off even more

this is ruining the whole thing for me and i also heard that Lauren Harris is a pop singer

fuck you money hungry promotors

Agreed!

Was everyone happy with the idea of the Motley Crue?

I certainly was!

Edited by AxlRox

I certainly was!

fuck yeah rock3 my 2 favourite bands playing side by side for the for time in years it was one the happiest days of my life thinking i was gonna be there.

then the money hungry fuckers emerged :anger:

seriously though, what cum stain decided that GnR fans would enjoy emo bands supporting???

EDIT: i must compliment your sig

Edited by vicious

Guns N' Roses

Funeral For A Friend

Bullet For My Valentine

Voodoo Six

To My Surprise

is this confirmed as the official line up people?????

Ill be staying in the pub a lot longer than expected lol

Guns N' Roses

Funeral For A Friend

Bullet For My Valentine

Voodoo Six

To My Surprise

this fucking sucks :anger::anger::anger::anger::anger:

all the bands suck! at wat time will gn'r hit the stage!!

Guest AxlRox

I certainly was!

fuck yeah rock3 my 2 favourite bands playing side by side for the for time in years it was one the happiest days of my life thinking i was gonna be there.

then the money hungry fuckers emerged :anger:

seriously though, what cum stain decided that GnR fans would enjoy emo bands supporting???

EDIT: i must compliment your sig

(Thanks! I love it 2! but all the credit goes to Wildrose hes d man!! )

Yeah same here.. I couldnt believe it when it was first announced GNR & Motley Crue, I was like talk about hitting two birds with one stone!

Why the hell did they say Motley Crue where gona be there.. when The Crue didnt even know about it? RETARDS :fuckyou:

Guns N' Roses

Funeral For A Friend

Bullet For My Valentine

Voodoo Six

To My Surprise

is this confirmed as the official line up people?????

Ill be staying in the pub a lot longer than expected lol

I dont have a clue - but errrghhh wat aload of shit

Guns N’ Roses live in concert for one night only on Friday 9th June in the RDS Arena with Special guests Funeral for A Friend, Bullet for my Valentine and To My Surprise.

don't no where voodo six and lauren harris came from but they arent there!!!

i've read it at www.heretodaygonetohell.com

it still says motley crue on the RDS site, i couldn't find any support on ticketmaster but aiken have BFMV, To my surprise and FFAF as the support. i read on metalireland.com that the other bands were going to be there too but its only a forum with no official source but they did know about GnR playing there 2 days before it was announced so who knows?

either way the support is SHIT

Does anybody who has been to the RDS before know any of the following:

-Is it just one stage that each band will perform on? (IE FFAF, BFMV etc all perform before GNR, but on the same stage)?

- How long will each band get?

- How many seats?

Thanks

Does anybody who has been to the RDS before know any of the following:

-Is it just one stage that each band will perform on? (IE FFAF, BFMV etc all perform before GNR, but on the same stage)?

- How long will each band get?

- How many seats?

Thanks

there is one stage there i'm sure(It is ireland after all)

who knows how long they play for, its up to the promotors, but there is a curfew

i'd say the rds website would say how many seats are there

Guest AxlRox

On the ticketmaster website, have ye noticed when you go to ''seating chart'' for GNR, you pick which seating chart you want theres:

Take That

Celtic Tiger

Concert Layout

So I was thinking, maybe GNR will have its own layout, but its just not known yet? :question:

Maybe the organisers are waiting for orders from GNR?