GNR at Dublin RDS, Friday 9th June 2006 Discussion thread.

gunnai

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this is nothing to do with Ireland but will this age limmit rule be enforced everywhere??? I'm just curious really.

rock4

usually is but they're not strict on it

and there will be people in the que that will pretend they're with you so you get in

Ok, Thanks.

rock4

Has anyone else not booked flights/hotels etc for their trip to Dublin?

^ i haven't got a hotel yet or a train ticket but that won't be hard to get. i'm worried about not getting a place to stay though but i'll stay up all night wandering the streets if i have to.

Ill join you :shades:

The Holiday Inn did have some rooms left about 2-3 weeks ago. I'm not sure if they do now, they are a bit pricey though. Most hotels are sold out because there is: Robbie Williams, The Eagles, Guns N Roses and Metallica all playing around the same few days.

i was just listening to the radio and some dude texted in asking if there are tickets left and what the line up is.

the guy on the radio said it sold out pretty quickly and he didn't say anything about a line up :angry:

can't wait for this, i might be staying up there all weekend and see opeth on the 12th rock1

^ i haven't got a hotel yet or a train ticket but that won't be hard to get. i'm worried about not getting a place to stay though but i'll stay up all night wandering the streets if i have to.

The Holiday Inn did have some rooms left about 2-3 weeks ago. I'm not sure if they do now, they are a bit pricey though. Most hotels are sold out because there is: Robbie Williams, The Eagles, Guns N Roses and Metallica all playing around the same few days.

Yes its quite a busy weekend, apparently the eagles sold out very fast, and rooms were pretty much gone at that point...

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Apr 21 2006, 01:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes its quite a busy weekend, apparently the eagles sold out very fast, and rooms were pretty much gone at that point...

yeah knew this would happen ill try get a few hotel numbers of places not too far from the city for you guys and post them up here lucky for me i live about 20 mins from the gig woohoo

Boys and girls i dont know how yous feel about hostels i just had a good look around most of the sites and things and there mostly all booked out but this place is in the heart of teh city and ive heard good reports about it--> http://www.gulliver.ie/tbires/bkgRangeAvai...ostfromresults= id say it would be good craic if a group of you guys decided to meet up as you can get 5 in a room at 21 euro per room for the night as above every where is jammed that weekend the only other hotel i know of is down the road from me in lucan its about 20 mins from city and then from the city its about another 20 mins walk 10 min taxi journey to the gig and thats about 99euro a head for the night and that here --> http://www.gulliver.ie/tbires/bkgPremInfo....esCode=HHS01079 if you go to the official spa hotel website its booked out but they must have some rooms allocated to the website i linked from

i just checked the www.ryanair.ie website there and they have a load of hotels available aswell but im not sure if you have to fly with them to be able to avail of the offers but one hotel the mount herbert i think its called is listed on their site and that is about 5 mins walk from the gig

i hope all of the above helps and I will keep my eyes open for anywere else over the coming weeks and keep yous posted cant have yous wandering the streets of dublin with no where to go!! :scared:

Edited by smelltheglove

Boys and girls i dont know how yous feel about hostels i just had a good look around most of the sites and things and there mostly all booked out but this place is in the heart of teh city and ive heard good reports about it--> http://www.gulliver.ie/tbires/bkgRangeAvai...ostfromresults= id say it would be good craic if a group of you guys decided to meet up as you can get 5 in a room at 21 euro per room for the night as above every where is jammed that weekend the only other hotel i know of is down the road from me in lucan its about 20 mins from city and then from the city its about another 20 mins walk 10 min taxi journey to the gig and thats about 99euro a head for the night and that here --> http://www.gulliver.ie/tbires/bkgPremInfo....esCode=HHS01079 if you go to the official spa hotel website its booked out but they must have some rooms allocated to the website i linked from

i just checked the www.ryanair.ie website there and they have a load of hotels available aswell but im not sure if you have to fly with them to be able to avail of the offers but one hotel the mount herbert i think its called is listed on their site and that is about 5 mins walk from the gig

i hope all of the above helps and I will keep my eyes open for anywere else over the coming weeks and keep yous posted cant have yous wandering the streets of dublin with no where to go!! :scared:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

=

Legend B)

Were taking the easy and cheap option by driving home afterwards, problem is we live in limerick and theres six goin up in the car(which isnt that big, im in the boot, i reserved it) and i have an irish exam in the morning, but its all worth it... rock3

Got my tickets today, still having trouble with accomodation though.

There is still a lot of guesthouses available. If you're only staying a night or two it doesn't really matter where you sleep...

you can't stay only one night, this is the one weekend we have good bands playing here, there's GnR and support, Metallica and support, opeth rock3 and support, the eagles and i heard something about robbie williams, but its all in the one weekend!!!!!

So is it true that Motley Crue is going to open for the Guns at this show? It says so on my ticket and on the RDS website, but there's no word on wikipedia or Motley Crue's site confirming this.

Just wondering if it was true.

~Bryan

going to the juvenille parole thing later and if it goes well i'm definetly going to this,if not i'm going to a juvenile detention centre :(:(

Totally wild guess here, but im assuming you are a northsider?? :drevil:

ha,nah i'm not from there, southside all the way :P

just got back and i got off with a warning and some type of probation, it included so many drug talks :angry:

rock1 I'M GOING TO GnR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

glad to hear it ^

my friend pulled out leaving me like 50 quid outta pocket but then i found this guy to go. dont really know him, he used to freak me out in spanish class in school....he seems dead on enough.

what time are people queuing(sp) from?

im standin and want to get close to the front so i dont want to leave my place in line to go get a drink so im just gonna bring bottles of cider down or something.