Album to be released on 24th April?

slashplay

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"which info is based on sources from the management." - no way... Management has not given anyone a release date. Management finds the release in late April rumor "interesting" but stress they have not confirmed a release date yet... check out my article on http://www.striglsmusicnews.com for more info.

Thanks.

Right, so let me get this straight...

"CHINESE DEMOCRACY" IN LATE APRIL

Clear Channel's official website announced that the long awaited Guns N' Roses album, "Chinese Democracy," would arrive on store shelves in April, so Talkingmetal.com contacted Axl's management to get the real scoop. Sanctuary Management told Talkingmetal.com that the Clear Channel article was "interesting" but stressed that they will issue an official press release when a release date is confirmed.

If it was false surely they would flat out deny it. If the management calling the rumours that the album will come out in April "interesting" isn't a wink wink nudge nudge, I don't know what is.

Also, the article that sanctuary supposedly commented on in the link you povided is not this article. But since they both say April it's irrelevant which one the managment did comment on.

Edited by PurpleHaze

Alright I'm not gonna throw this release date rumour in the garbage right away, but I really doubt it's true. We can't fully believe any of these rumours UNLESS they are confirmed by GNR management..How many times does it need to be said?

:question:

The majority of people on this forum now despise GN'R management. However, the date sounds about right to me. April 24th coincides with ''early 2006'' and it's before the tour so the album has time to sink in and people can become aware that GN'R are playing shows. That will equal ticket sales which is always a good thing. It is unlikley that the album will flop because 25 million people could buy it out of curiosity and it would still go to Number 1.

I expect the album to be released before the tour. Mark my words! ;)

Alright I'm not gonna throw this release date rumour in the garbage right away, but I really doubt it's true. We can't fully believe any of these rumours UNLESS they are confirmed by GNR management..How many times does it need to be said?

:question:

The majority of people on this forum now despise GN'R management. However, the date sounds about right to me. April 24th coincides with ''early 2006'' and it's before the tour so the album has time to sink in and people can become aware that GN'R are playing shows. That will equal ticket sales which is always a good thing. It is unlikley that the album will flop because 25 million people could buy it out of curiosity and it would still go to Number 1.

:rolleyes:

If it was false surely they would flat out deny it. If the management calling the rumours that the album will come out in April "interesting" isn't a wink wink nudge nudge, I don't know what is.

Yeah,

1. I was shocked they responded to my e-mail

2. They did NOT deny it.

3. They did not agree with it or confirm it.

4. They just called it "interesting".

This was not just a random employee at Sanctuary. This was someone in the know.

Yeah,

2. They did NOT deny it.

I don't have my hopes up very high...But I believe that April 25th (in the US) will be the day rock1

Yeah,

2. They did NOT deny it.

Who responded? Was it Merk?

DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE ANYMORE.

PERSONALLY I THINK THE CD IS FAR FROM READY

mr.Q

Me too, can`t see a cd like that hit the stores in just a few weeks.

That cd needs weeks of promotion and maby a video before they can release it.

Man, even a single or two before the final release.

This things takes weeks, even months.

I think we may.... i SAY may have a single this summer but not a album.

jmo... :)

DON'T KNOW WHAT TO BELIEVE ANYMORE.

PERSONALLY I THINK THE CD IS FAR FROM READY

mr.Q

Me too, can`t see a cd like that hit the stores in just a few weeks.

That cd needs weeks of promotion and maby a video before they can release it.

Man, even a single or two before the final release.

This things takes weeks, even months.

I think we may.... i SAY may have a single this summer but not a album.

jmo... :)

totally agree with you.

mr.Q

I'm not so sure I agree.

A band like Guns could possibly release a

new album without much publicity because

it's Axl Rose.

Like the man or not, everybody wants to hear

what the hell the guy has to say. Even his most

vocal critics pay attention to the man and they

will buy the material.

I remember reading that Led Zeppelin once

released an album in a plain brown paper

sack. Now that ain't much promotion.

It might sound insanely ridiculous, but how

cool would it be log on to mygnr or turn on

your radio and find out that their are reports

that the new Guns album is at your local record

shop.

People would go bananas, record shops would be

turned up side down and inside out with sales.

Now I know this is in all likelihood not going to happen

but it would be pretty damn cool if it did. However, I'd

be pissed if I wasn't able to get my hands on a first day

copy.

rock3rock3

copy.

Edited by HOOSIER GUNZ

:rolleyes:

Well that is certainely one way of doing it :confused: Anyway onto this email? Can you show us what you sent and what the full reply was because we need to see what context it was used in...

In England it is, yeah.

Yeah... In england they release albums on a monday... but in scotland we leave it to fridays... Party days. :P By the way... to all you narrow minded people out there who refer to scotland as even remotely a apart of england :fuckyou: We're no more a part of england than Canada is of the U.S

Simple reference guide

Britain=an island containing the kingdoms of Scotland, England and Wales

Great Britain=the island group around and including Britain

United Kingdom=England, Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland

April 24=date in England, Scotland, Wales, and all of Ireland on which Chinese Democracy will not be released.

Your wrong there sir, albums are released in ireland a few days in ireland, before they are in the UK, i know from expirence, and hopefully CD wont be any different...

Edited by mr.b

Seriously the release date will be exactly the same all over the world to stop pirating. Stop checking that it's a tuesday every single time a rumour starts. It's like ''May 3rd'' ...''Lies.''...''Why?''...''It's not a tuesday obviously.''

Let that notion go it is irrelevant. :rolleyes:

Seriously the release date will be exactly the same all over the world to stop pirating. Stop checking that it's a tuesday every single time a rumour starts. It's like ''May 3rd'' ...''Lies.''...''Why?''...''It's not a tuesday obviously.''

Let that notion go it is irrelevant. :rolleyes:

isnt that why eminems last cd came out on a friday