Latest Rumor from Metal Sludge

Just_a_little_patience

the next thing theyd proberly say is

" VR TO JOIN GNR, THE NEW GNR BAND WILL BE CALLED VELVET GUNS!!"

>.< What thee fuck do you think a revolver is??!?!?! the name already is velvet gun[revolver].. like shit.. why not lace and daggers or satin and nooses?

Edited by SaskGunner

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the next thing theyd proberly say is

" VR TO JOIN GNR, THE NEW GNR BAND WILL BE CALLED VELVET GUNS!!"

In the beginning Slash came up with the idea of VR, Scott liked the name Black Velvet Revolver. But they said no because the name was too much like STP.

If (and I do mean IF) the exG&R do an appearance on stage, than that might mean that it is for the DVD. Nothing more. Dont look too much into it. People are already shutting all those rumours left and right, so why are people still insisting.

There are those idiots that insist to be proven until that performance in the UK Dates.

:rolleyes:

I won't believe anything until I actually see it or hear an official statement, and I'm very skeptical at this point, but the following could be possible...

That rumor earlier today that Scott was drunk, and the rumors that Duff had a drug relapse could indicate even more friction in the VR camp, and it's possible the band is over. Then, Duff goes on tour with AIC (because Slash and Duff have issues, if you believe Axl's statement that Slash said Duff is "spineless"). Slash quits (because he didn't appreciate Scott's statement and Scott's lack of defense of Slash in that statement) and re-joins Gnr as the new lead guitarist (replacing Buckethead), and the rest of the lineup is virtually the same as it is now. Matt may just join Camp Freddy with Scott full-time (these two have been hanging out a lot recently together) or re-join the Cult for the opening act for Gn'r (would make for an interesting and cool situation). So, in the end, VR is history, Scott and Matt are in Camp Freddy, Slash is in Gn'r with the rest of the new band, and another phase of the Gnr legacy is opened. Of course, this is WILD speculation on my part and as I'm typing it, I'm almost laughing about how ridiculous it is, but if you believe everything, then this is at least possible.

I wouldn't dismiss anything right now.

To be fair, though... Axl didn't go to the rehearsals for the 2001-2002 gigs, right? So it was just the band, right? Well... SLASH, MATT AND DUFF ARE REHARSING TOGETHER would elicit a big "so what?" from most people, given that they're already in a band together. So... <conspiracy hat on> could the "VR going into studio" reports actually be a cover for Slash, Matt and Duff to be rehearsing for the upcoming GN'R reunion?

...nah. Surely not.

SG

Interesting thoughts. Like I said, anything's possible. There are way too many separate sources talking about a reunion lately, and no real tangible evidence that it won't be happening. Why shouldn't I believe it can happen? Nobody's given me a very good reason. I wouldn't be shocked either way.

Guest RonMexico82
Do u think GNR will play VR tracks on tour? And will tracks Slash has written for Libertard be on Chinese D? Will I ever get a blow job from Kylie Minogue?

On all accounts I would say FUCK NO :P

There DOES seem to be ahem:cough TROUBLE in "Velvet Revolver" land.......(I always thought that name

sounded like a fucking Gay Bar............

Scotty-Boyaka Mr. Fraud has admitted he does have an eating disorder......so Bulmia? Anorexia?? what would account

for that "nightmare before xmas" body???

and do you REALLY expect the band to be called ANYTHING other than......

GUNS N' FUCKING ROSES??????

CHRIST!

W.

what do u all think? I just found this on metalsludge, and wanted to share it with you all. If it is true, to be honest with you all, I will be disappointed. Not to make anyone mad, if this is true, but I was looking foreward to a new guns and roses album, with new members, etc. The past, in my opinion, should remain the past. times change, and so do people. Anyways, here is the story, and the link to find out more:

www.metalslude.com

While Metal Sludge continue their crusade to get to the bottom of dealings within Velvet Revolver...a little extra info has come my way this week.

If you were to believe the rumor mill, plans for a Guns N Roses re-union have firmed, with the upcoming tour dates expected to feature the original line-up (with drummer Matt Sorum from the Use Your Illusion line-up). Apparently the guys have already started rehearsals and plans for extending the current tour dates are being examined.

Also coming to light this week - The Cult are apparently being looked at as a possible support band for the Guns N Roses tour.

Additionally - from another source just today - a Velvet Revolver split could be announced very shortly...

Edited by missourirocker

There DOES seem to be ahem:cough TROUBLE in "Velvet Revolver" land.......(I always thought that name

sounded like a fucking Gay Bar............

Scotty-Boyaka Mr. Fraud has admitted he does have an eating disorder......so Bulmia? Anorexia?? what would account

for that "nightmare before xmas" body???

and do you REALLY expect the band to be called ANYTHING other than......

GUNS N' FUCKING ROSES??????

CHRIST!

W.

scottskellington4zl.png

"SCOTT SKELLINGTON - THE COCAINE KING"

How old, and what do u think?

Posted within the last few days. The reunion rumors themselves have gained momentum in the last few weeks though.

As far as it happening, who knows. Slash/Duff aren't going to leave VR, so if anything, they may guest at a couple shows.

AIC who Duff is supposedly going to be touring with this summer and GNR both play on July 2 at the same festival I believe. So, who knows?

Edited by luvaxl4ever

i dont think so.....

Guns are playing dates in less than 2 months,

VR looks over..

Slash could be on lead this summer

http://www.metalsludge.tv/home/index.php?o...=1242&Itemid=42

This ain't our first picnic folks! And to the "industry" know it alls whose sources are no better than ours, shut your pie hole! And to the morons who seem to challenge every move the Sludge makes, and are now reporting Velvet Revolver are hitting the studio to begin work on the sophmore come Monday April 10th 2006, guess again. We'll bet Steven Adler's IQ in a plastic baggie full of powdered residue it ain't gonna start on time - if at all!

So, suck a big fat sludgy cock!

Metal Sludge

Internet Enemy #1

Edited by Just_a_little_patience