Stinson over Duff?

Rattlesnake Suitcase

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Duff---the most overated bass player i ever heard---and yes Tommy runs circles around him as far as skill

Not overrated because he himself states that he plays 'in the pocket', which is the perfect way to play for Guns and any true rockin band. You obviously don't know that Duff is actually a GUITAR player who realised that he would have to switch to bass when he moved to LA in order to even get in a band as the place was awash with wannabe guitarists. Smart move in hindsight. Besides this he's playing GUITAR alongside Jerry Cantrell in AIC this summer and that in itself proves the playing worth of the man. You cocksuckers really don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about on here. :anger: Try watching Duff command the stage in the intro to 'it's so easy' on old G'n'R live footage and opening the show for VR with his Suckertrain Blues intro. The guys a fucking living legend while Tommy Stinson is shit on my shoe in comparison. :fuckyou:

You don't know S*&T --- If you watch the old boots Duff is constantly fucking up and playing wrong notes. Want an example-- listen to the intro of Sweet Child from Paris 92. He fucks up the song so bad-- a song he has played hundreds of times at that point of time. I have been listening to him for over 15 years and he is an average at best bass and guitar player. And yes I know all about his shitty guitar playing. By far the weakest link of old GNR IMHO. I do think he is cool and like him as a person though

Duff---the most overated bass player i ever heard---and yes Tommy runs circles around him as far as skill

Not overrated because he himself states that he plays 'in the pocket', which is the perfect way to play for Guns and any true rockin band. You obviously don't know that Duff is actually a GUITAR player who realised that he would have to switch to bass when he moved to LA in order to even get in a band as the place was awash with wannabe guitarists. Smart move in hindsight. Besides this he's playing GUITAR alongside Jerry Cantrell in AIC this summer and that in itself proves the playing worth of the man. You cocksuckers really don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about on here. :anger: Try watching Duff command the stage in the intro to 'it's so easy' on old G'n'R live footage and opening the show for VR with his Suckertrain Blues intro. The guys a fucking living legend while Tommy Stinson is shit on my shoe in comparison. :fuckyou:

You don't know S*&T --- If you watch the old boots Duff is constantly fucking up and playing wrong notes. Want an example-- listen to the intro of Sweet Child from Paris 92. He fucks up the song so bad-- a song he has played hundreds of times at that point of time. I have been listening to him for over 15 years and he is an average at best bass and guitar player. And yes I know all about his shitty guitar playing. By far the weakest link of old GNR IMHO. I do think he is cool and like him as a person though

OH WHAT A KILLER RESPONSE!!!!!!!!!!

KUDOS !!!! CONGRATS!!!!

case fucking CLOSED

Warchild...esq.

Knock Knock - here's the news. Any bass player that can boast 40 MILLION plus album sales in the US alone and has the level of adulation from the fans and respect from his peers the way Duff does is frankly way above the criticsm of some net forum dweeb/s nitpicking over some sloppy playing aided by drink and drug abuse, as is well documented. I'll take Duff's resume, songwriting credits and bank balance over Tommy fucking Stinson's any day of the week! If you want note perfect, scientific bass playing go listen to Jacko Pastorius and leave the rock n roll to those who understand it, bum notes and all! Duff IS rock 'n' roll. rock3

Edited by Rattlesnake Suitcase

look Ratfuck suitcase.....don't down T.S. in a far fetched effort to promote Mr. Spineless........

If you are going by Billboard record sales, go jack off to a picture of Britney, and leave the REAL

musicianship up to other people...........

Are YOU a Musician????? Hmmmmmm????

that goddamned warchild

look Ratfuck suitcase.....don't down T.S. in a far fetched effort to promote Mr. Spineless........

If you are going by Billboard record sales, go jack off to a picture of Britney, and leave the REAL

that goddamned warchild

Ah yes - WarFag one of the types Rob Zombie talked about

"ding ding" War Fag - your mom just rang the dinner bell. :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

warchild, your a dumbfuck

tommy stinson is a good bassist and so is duff. but duff is a helluva lot more worthy to be in gnr than stinson, not cuz he was an original member, mainly cuz he is a real rock n roller. Stinson was in a garage band that got lucky, i honestly never heard opf the replacements untill i herd he was in gnr. If you walk up to a kid and ask "who is kooler, duff mckagan or tommy stinson?" they will say "who the fuck is tommy stinson?" i think they are pretty equal as for talent (on just bass, tommy's writing is so-so but duff is pretty good), but duff is more of an icon than stinson will ever be

Nice !! The ratman might want to bring a picture of Duff along with Britney since these people seem to care more about image than musicianship. And there is a difference between being sloppy and playing the wrong notes. Take Jimmy Page for example--- sloppy but brilliant--- Duff = sloppy and average

that goddamned warchild

Right, so right..........

This is a ridiculous arguement, that only MUSICIANS should have a say-so in.........

1 in 1000 people have perfect pitch!!!

Wonder how many hours this tool has spent in a studio????

Love Page,Slowhand, SRV, Randy R.(rip)...and ZAKK is fucking awesome........

"all things considered."...Stinson is a better bassist! AND he owns a pancreas!!

That Dammned Warchild, MUSICIAN

warchild, your a dumbfuck

tommy stinson is a good bassist and so is duff. but duff is a helluva lot more worthy to be in gnr than stinson, not cuz he was an original member, mainly cuz he is a real rock n roller. Stinson was in a garage band that got lucky, i honestly never heard opf the replacements untill i herd he was in gnr. If you walk up to a kid and ask "who is kooler, duff mckagan or tommy stinson?" they will say "who the fuck is tommy stinson?" i think they are pretty equal as for talent (on just bass, tommy's writing is so-so but duff is pretty good), but duff is more of an icon than stinson will ever be

You said it man. I totaly agree. Without Duff we wouldn't have the nice intros in It's So Easy, SCOM and YCBM. Duff is a rock n roller, and that is what the GNR-members should be. And the only members who are rock n rollers are Axl, Dizzy and Fortus. The rest are Goth/Hip Hop/Punk dudes.

"all things considered."...Stinson is a better bassist!

Nobody cares if Stinson is a better bassist or if he owns a pancreas, because...

Duff is the man ! rock4

GNR forever !

THIS GnR.......agreed

and Saint Seeya........

Wanna make a wager on that? or has your mouth overridden your ass?????

Warchild is a practicing musician, writes lyrics, and spends waaay too much time in the studio.......

instruments played...Guitar, piano, Vocals.........how many songs have YOU had copyrighted????

so take that and staple it to your pointed little head.......

mmmmkay?

warchild doesnt know shit about music.

I'm afraid he does my friend. Sounds like he has been playing guitar for 20 years like me

YEAH, my friend...been around a while.......piano was my first choice but I can play guitar now!!!

had numerous songs copyrighted, and have a little band........do Lead Vocals too!!

These Kids don't have a fucking clue what goes into finished music!!!

KUDOS!

that dammned warchild

Yeah, the new band memebers are keeping their mouth shut about GNR, Axl must be holding something against them.

But of course we want Duff over Stinson, Duff is a way better musician. Stinson just seems like hes along for the ride at this point.

Edited by sweetness

Yeah, the new band memebers are keeping their mouth shut about GNR, Axl must be holding something against them.

But of course we want Duff over Stinson, Duff is a way better musician. Stinson just seems like hes along for the ride at this point.

Well. just wait for the concert YOU are going to, and see who's ONSTAGE.............

and Stinson's NOT in REhab

Well. just wait for the concert YOU are going to, and see who's ONSTAGE.............

and Stinson's NOT in REhab

:huh:

Um, OK. Sweet

yeah stinson isn't very loyal, is he?

Let's see, idiots, since he joined he has never left, never talked bad about axl, and all he said about the old stuff was that he wasn't a fan, and I believe that Fortus has said the same thing.

through rumors, cancelled tours, cancelled shows, hair extensions gone wrong, Tommy hasn't even seemed frustrated, he just did what he did, including putting out arguably one the best albums of 2004.

i think whoever started this thread can kiss his ass, and balls, too.

Edited by Marshall175