• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After yesterdays fiasco of a radio interview with Richard Stinson

There is Richard Fortus and Tommy Stinson

Anyway i prefer Duff, but ive got nothing to measure Tommy by

:rofl-lol:

warchild , youre straight up the gayest member in this board. Waters should spit on your face if you two ever meet.

:fuckyou: that guys one clever mother

warchild, your a dumbfuck

tommy stinson is a good bassist and so is duff. but duff is a helluva lot more worthy to be in gnr than stinson, not cuz he was an original member, mainly cuz he is a real rock n roller. Stinson was in a garage band that got lucky, i honestly never heard opf the replacements untill i herd he was in gnr. If you walk up to a kid and ask "who is kooler, duff mckagan or tommy stinson?" they will say "who the fuck is tommy stinson?" i think they are pretty equal as for talent (on just bass, tommy's writing is so-so but duff is pretty good), but duff is more of an icon than stinson will ever be

No, actually I am a Smartass....ask anybody!!

and kid...you are OUT of your league............

are YOU a Musician?......I am....professionally!

also REPORTED.........

now, go the fuck away...warchild bites!

1. Wasnt it Slash that said Guns was just a glorified garage band? :rolleyes:

2. WC, i wanna hear some of your stuff, everyone's got me interested :P PM me if you want :D

Thanx to ARQ, SISCOOL, MADISON,&JALP, A.D........and Charlie!!a>

ON TOPIC:

The FANS do NOT determine who is in the band.....cold, hard facts people!!!!!

mmmmkaaay???

"Drugs are bad mmkayyy"

Guns N' Roses are Guns N' Roses ive said it before and ill say it again, the choice is not ours, we arnt Guns N' Roses, personally i like Duff, but this whole thread is hogwash, its a joke its all about opinion! got it bitch? anyway, there should be a poll here seeing as it's just a teen popularity contest :rolleyes: ...

James S.

Edited by J-Studham

After yesterdays fiasco of a radio interview with Richard Stinson

There is Richard Fortus and Tommy Stinson

Anyway i prefer Duff, but ive got nothing to measure Tommy by

:rofl-lol:

warchild , youre straight up the gayest member in this board. Waters should spit on your face if you two ever meet.

:fuckyou: that guys one clever mother

warchild, your a dumbfuck

tommy stinson is a good bassist and so is duff. but duff is a helluva lot more worthy to be in gnr than stinson, not cuz he was an original member, mainly cuz he is a real rock n roller. Stinson was in a garage band that got lucky, i honestly never heard opf the replacements untill i herd he was in gnr. If you walk up to a kid and ask "who is kooler, duff mckagan or tommy stinson?" they will say "who the fuck is tommy stinson?" i think they are pretty equal as for talent (on just bass, tommy's writing is so-so but duff is pretty good), but duff is more of an icon than stinson will ever be

No, actually I am a Smartass....ask anybody!!

and kid...you are OUT of your league............

are YOU a Musician?......I am....professionally!

also REPORTED.........

now, go the fuck away...warchild bites!

1. Wasnt it Slash that said Guns was just a glorified garage band? :rolleyes:

2. WC, i wanna hear some of your stuff, everyone's got me interested :P PM me if you want :D

Thanx to ARQ, SISCOOL, MADISON,&JALP, A.D........and Charlie!!a>

ON TOPIC:

The FANS do NOT determine who is in the band.....cold, hard facts people!!!!!

mmmmkaaay???

"Drugs are bad mmkayyy"

Guns N' Roses are Guns N' Roses ive said it before and ill say it again, the choice is not ours, we arnt Guns N' Roses, personally i like Duff, but this whole thread is hogwash, its a joke its all about opinion! got it bitch? anyway, there should be a poll here seeing as it's just a teen popularity contest :rolleyes: ...

James S.

EXACTLY JAMES S......and you caught my Southpark reference....love that show!!

these numbnuts have NO idea!!!!

Gay.....nooooo The Warchild is 100% all american male........and hell yes I'm gonna be in dublin, rock am ringen......and a few more.........

STINSON IS IN THE BAND OFFICIALLY..........

Official reports ONLY people......

and if you have the unmitigated balls to hurl abuse at me the PM system is working, for some of you......

don't make me get THE MADISON again

STAY ON TOPIC~!

WARCHILD

So are we gonna be honoured by your mighty presence in Dublin then warchild?

OFF TOPIC.....but yes, I had planned that jaunt and a few others..........

WC

Edited by warchild

Tommy's playing is more straightforward and simplistic, while Duff added a lot of melodic fills and harmonic movement within the songs, The intro to SCOM being a perfect example. He wins but he won't be back.

but theyre just drummers they arent that important :P

Three points on that:-

1. Try telling that to Robert Plant and Jimmy Page when John Bonham died.

2. Quote from Dave Grohl (Nirvana/Foo Fighters) "Drummers are the fucking foundation of a rock band"

3. Guns n Roses were in limbo when Adler was fired, they were desperate to find a drummer to lay down the drums tracks for UYI 1 and 2 - Sorum stepped in and slammed them down in just over a month. The rest is history...

Know what you're talking about before you diss drummers in rock bands. :fuckyou:

EDIT: sorry if that seemed antagonizing it wasnt meant to be im just clearing it up

oh shut up i was fuckin kidding.

i mean the obviousness that it was a joke should have been clear enough as it was but if you look at the emoticon where the guy sticks his tounge out right where i said that, that tells you HEY I WAS JOKING AND IF THAT WASNT OBVIOUS THIS SHOULD CLEAR IT UP!

but somehow you managed to miss that and decide to throw a fit about it.

you gotta stop taking everything so seriously

Edited by supersillyspacemonkey

I prefer Tommy Stinson over Duff Mckagan, and I hope he stays with Guns, while Duff remains with VR.

Tommy was good with The Replacements, and, from the songs I've heard from his VGH album, he proves himself to be a talented musician on his own. But most of all, I want to hear Stinson's contribution to the new Guns N' Roses.

On the other hand, while I think Duff was good with GN'R, I didn't like his solo albums (they were terrible), and I'm not a big fan of his current work with VR.

Edited by Stranger

I prefer Tommy Stinson over Duff Mckagan, and I hope he stays with Guns, while Duff remains with VR.

Tommy was good with The Replacements, and, from the songs I've heard from his VGH album, he proves himself to be a talented musician on his own. But most of all, I want to hear Stinson's contribution to the new Guns N' Roses.

On the other hand, while I think Duff was good with GN'R, I didn't like his solo albums (they were terrible), and I'm not a big fan of his current work with VR.

AGREED! CUNTRABAND IS BLOWN AWAY BY DEMOS...........I hear Snakeshit is in the recycle bin!!!

Velcro Revolvo and the bulimic anorexic cuntboy that calls itself SCOTTYBOY............

i was up above it.

i was up above it.

i was up above it.

i was up above it.

now i'm down in it

shut up.

so what what does it matter now.

i was swimming in the hate now i crawl on the ground.

and everything i never liked about you is kind of seeping into me.

i try to laugh about it now but isn't it funny how everything works out.

i guess the jokes on me.

[Chorus]

i used to be so big and strong.

i used to know my right from wrong.

i used to never be afraid.

i used to be somebody.

i used to have something inside.

now just this hole it's open wide.

used to want it all.

i used to be somebody.

i'll cross my heart and hope to die.

but the needle's already in my eye.

and all the world's weight is on my back and i don't even know why.

and what i used to think was me is just a fading memory.

i looked him right in the eye and said "goodbye."

nin......down in it

AGREED! CUNTRABAND IS BLOWN AWAY BY DEMOS...........I hear Snakeshit is in the recycle bin!!!

Velcro Revolvo and the bulimic anorexic cuntboy that calls itself SCOTTYBOY............

i was up above it.

i was up above it.

i was up above it.

i was up above it.

now i'm down in it

shut up.

so what what does it matter now.

i was swimming in the hate now i crawl on the ground.

and everything i never liked about you is kind of seeping into me.

i try to laugh about it now but isn't it funny how everything works out.

i guess the jokes on me.

[Chorus]

i used to be so big and strong.

i used to know my right from wrong.

i used to never be afraid.

i used to be somebody.

i used to have something inside.

now just this hole it's open wide.

used to want it all.

i used to be somebody.

i'll cross my heart and hope to die.

but the needle's already in my eye.

and all the world's weight is on my back and i don't even know why.

and what i used to think was me is just a fading memory.

i looked him right in the eye and said "goodbye."

nin......down in it

Well, this explains a lot.

this thread is insane........ kodo's warchild! :rofl-lol:

my personal opinion is............ i enjoyed duff while he was in the band, my thanks go out ot him for what he did in guns!, but tommy is the bass player now, people need to deal with that fact first!, if you can't........... go and support duff's solo projects!, because he's not coming back to guns!, stop ragging on tommy, he's part of guns now, if you ragg on him you ragg on guns!? things change people!.

my personal opinion is............ i enjoyed duff while he was in the band, my thanks go out ot him for what he did in guns!, but tommy is the bass player now, people need to deal with that fact first!, if you can't........... go and support duff's solo projects!, because he's not coming back to guns!, stop ragging on tommy, he's part of guns now, if you ragg on him you ragg on guns!? things change people!.

exactly! rock3

Don't know if anyones already said this or not but you people do realise that how Duff plays when drunk is now completely irrelivant and has been for the last 12 years don't you?

Wether you personally believe it or not he is convinced that if he drinks again he'll die (painfully) so he doesn't do it now.

Duff is a strong contender for my favourite musician of all time. But it would be incredibly unfair to just dismiss Tommys abilities because I personally prefere Duff.

Both are great bassists, (although I think Tommy needs to be more assertive, esspecially when playing GNR stuff) and I'm happy with either one in the band. As far as I'm concerned it can't be GNR without Duff anymore than it could be without Slash but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy seeing Tommy.

And the whole dicussion is academic anyway since Duff said on Tuesday night that he was working on the new VR ablum.

Don't know if anyones already said this or not but you people do realise that how Duff plays when drunk is now completely irrelivant and has been for the last 12 years don't you?

Wether you personally believe it or not he is convinced that if he drinks again he'll die (painfully) so he doesn't do it now.

Duff is a strong contender for my favourite musician of all time. But it would be incredibly unfair to just dismiss Tommys abilities because I personally prefere Duff.

Both are great bassists, (although I think Tommy needs to be more assertive, esspecially when playing GNR stuff) and I'm happy with either one in the band. As far as I'm concerned it can't be GNR without Duff anymore than it could be without Slash but that doesn't mean I don't enjoy seeing Tommy.

And the whole dicussion is academic anyway since Duff said on Tuesday night that he was working on the new VR ablum.

True!...it's all opinion......GnR Games GnR rules

STINSON IS THE BASSIST UNLESS YOU HEAR OFFICIAL SOURCE

Proud member of the warchild moron brigade, Captain Kangaroo ? Hope not !

Axl=GNR. If Tommy succeeded in entering GNR, I would be pissed off... and unsettled !

Edited by Alan Niveen

"doesn't like G'n'R's older music and is now promoting and playing as a fully fledged member of Soul Asylum while the rest of Guns are busy preparing for the European shows "

lol. this is why i come on this forum - that's comedy, that's hilarious, i nealry fell off my chair!!!

Hi my name's Axl Rose and I don't know what the fuck happened.

It is the strangest situation I've ever heard of.

Jefferson Airplane turned into Starship but this is ridiculous.

Duff is ours. Fuck off away from him.

If he's heard the demos, he knows to stay the fuck away from anything to do with NuGNR.

doesnt that defy yet enforce the point that Guns N' Roses are Guns N' Roses, we dont own em? :huh: that was insane lol

James S.

Duff is ours. Fuck off away from him.

If he's heard the demos, he knows to stay the fuck away from anything to do with NuGNR.

doesnt that defy yet enforce the point that Guns N' Roses are Guns N' Roses, we dont own em? :huh: that was insane lol

James S.

THIS ENTIRE THREAD IS INSANE...............