• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow is this thread still going on?

Tommy Stinson = GnR Bassist

Get over it!! :P

CHARLIE!!!!!!! Up Early or up late??????

I want to become a member of the Manson Family......I already have the shirt.............

what happened to your "other" sig? I liked that one.........

WARCHILD

I want to become a member of the Manson Family......I already have the shirt.............

WARCHILD

No rest for the wiked Warchild...

Some of the moderators got a bit unhappy with the sig, especially Jack99... :rolleyes:

but itll be back...dont you worry! :drevil:

this thread is insane........ kodo's warchild! :rofl-lol:

my personal opinion is............ i enjoyed duff while he was in the band, my thanks go out ot him for what he did in guns!, but tommy is the bass player now, people need to deal with that fact first!, if you can't........... go and support duff's solo projects!, because he's not coming back to guns!, stop ragging on tommy, he's part of guns now, if you ragg on him you ragg on guns!? things change people!.

Proud member of the warchild moron brigade, Captain Kangaroo ? Hope not !

Axl=GNR. If Tommy succeeded in entering GNR, I would be pissed... and unsettled !

BEtter to be pissed OFF than pissed on...........

and da WARCHILD will match IQ points with you anyday......crazy, NOT stupid!!

W.

WARCHILD

Some of the moderators got a bit unhappy with the sig, especially Jack99... :rolleyes:

I MAY can talk a friend of mine into making you one.........

I DO have the shirt.....am I 'IN" the family????

W.

my personal opinion is............ i enjoyed duff while he was in the band, my thanks go out ot him for what he did in guns!, but tommy is the bass player now, people need to deal with that fact first!, if you can't........... go and support duff's solo projects!, because he's not coming back to guns!, stop ragging on tommy, he's part of guns now, if you ragg on him you ragg on guns!? things change people!.

Axl=GNR. If Tommy succeeded in entering GNR, I would be pissed... and unsettled !

W.

That was great :P

This thread is stupid :drevil: the person who made it only posted like...once and that was when he made it :huh: ...further saying it got to intense for the young soul, PEOPLE once again! this is just a crappy popularity contest!!! Make a god damn poll or something, "kill your idols" "stab your mentours" its all the same, cant believe i even bothered posting in this thread again, ahh yess, Warchild haha that was fckn pro :lol:

rock3 rock on you garden veriety fans! pick from the left you get a tomato, dig from the right you get a carrot, but when you grow in a tree odds are you wont fall very far, the density of this situation is excessive :P

James S.

Edited by J-Studham

W.

WARCHILD

W.

ooh that would super! thanks. :)

of course your in the family, IF you have the shirt...

W.

WARCHILD

W.

ooh that would super! thanks. :)

of course your in the family, IF you have the shirt...

I GOT 2 SHIRTS.........

WARCHILD, MEMBER OF THE CHARLES MANSON FAMILY..........

HELTER SKELTER MOTHERFUCKERS!

Stinson is Miles better and much entertaining on stage!

Duff is a fucking tool!

Stinson fucked up something as simple as Patience, DUFF came up with the cool shit on Sweet Child. I think enough has been said.

Edited by Rattus

should he be fired and the door be reopened for the most loyal and last to leave original member of the band, Michael 'Duff' McKagan to come back in?

NO.

Right you are.

No reunions! Duff, and Slash, and whoever was in the band or connected to it in it's early days left because they chose too. Axl might have pushed them out as far as wanting more control but when it all came down it was the member's decison to leave, not Axl's. Now after years of nothing GnR is starting to get it all together and it is not the time for anything to change because there has been advances made, and being made. Finally GnR has it together.

Duff---the most overated bass player i ever heard---and yes Tommy runs circles around him as far as skill

Not overrated because he himself states that he plays 'in the pocket', which is the perfect way to play for Guns and any true rockin band. You obviously don't know that Duff is actually a GUITAR player who realised that he would have to switch to bass when he moved to LA in order to even get in a band as the place was awash with wannabe guitarists. Smart move in hindsight. Besides this he's playing GUITAR alongside Jerry Cantrell in AIC this summer and that in itself proves the playing worth of the man. You cocksuckers really don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about on here. :anger: Try watching Duff command the stage in the intro to 'it's so easy' on old G'n'R live footage and opening the show for VR with his Suckertrain Blues intro. The guys a fucking living legend while Tommy Stinson is shit on my shoe in comparison. :fuckyou:

You don't know S*&T --- If you watch the old boots Duff is constantly fucking up and playing wrong notes. Want an example-- listen to the intro of Sweet Child from Paris 92. He fucks up the song so bad-- a song he has played hundreds of times at that point of time. I have been listening to him for over 15 years and he is an average at best bass and guitar player. And yes I know all about his shitty guitar playing. By far the weakest link of old GNR IMHO. I do think he is cool and like him as a person though

Knock Knock - here's the news. Any bass player that can boast 40 MILLION plus album sales in the US alone and has the level of adulation from the fans and respect from his peers the way Duff does is frankly way above the criticsm of some net forum dweeb/s nitpicking over some sloppy playing aided by drink and drug abuse, as is well documented. I'll take Duff's resume, songwriting credits and bank balance over Tommy fucking Stinson's any day of the week! If you want note perfect, scientific bass playing go listen to Jacko Pastorius and leave the rock n roll to those who understand it, bum notes and all! Duff IS rock 'n' roll. rock3

You so nailed it. That should end the debate right there!

Tommy has a mayjor timming problem, he really isnt a good player, his sound has no clarity and as for his stage prescent i just wana punch him. Duff is much more of a better player sound/look and technability i dont understand how Axl came to pick Tommy other then that they have the same influecences (DUFF N TOMMY) get rid of tommy, or atleast teach him how to play

Yeah, the new band memebers are keeping their mouth shut about GNR, Axl must be holding something against them.

It's rather alarming when a musician isn't allowed to discuss his band..

-Kickingthehabit

Yeah, something funny is going on there, why so secretive?

should he be fired and the door be reopened for the most loyal and last to leave original member of the band, Michael 'Duff' McKagan to come back in?

NO.

why not. hes cool. yes stinson may have a better stage presence than duff but still

After yesterdays fiasco of a radio interview with Richard Stinson, where the part-time G'n'R mercenary refused to even talk about Guns and instead gushed about his solo work and gig in SOUL ASYLUM, the question has to be asked, should he be fired and the door be reopened for the most loyal and last to leave original member of the band, Michael 'Duff' McKagan to come back in?

Let's not forget Duff (who has shown respect to Axl by not getting involved in the recent pissing match) co-wrote such seminal Guns songs as 'It's so Easy', 'Nightrain', 'Paradise City', 'Civil War' and 'Dust n Bones', is an accomplished lyricist, guitar player, pianist and drummer and of course has great stage presence with that low slung bass playing deep in the pocket as he so aptly puts it... or should Stinson, who has obviously used Axl to gain a solo recording contract which Rose got him, openly stated that he doesn't like G'n'R's older music and is now promoting and playing as a fully fledged member of Soul Asylum while the rest of Guns are busy preparing for the European shows be allowed to compromise the integrity of the band we have held in our hearts for so long (well some of us)...

T. Stinson NOT allowed to talk about Band.........(GnR)

and the last statement, he IS still in GnR.....OFFICIALLY

W.

Thamk U.

Exactly my first thought when I read that...

till duff "ex-rose" mckagan..released his solo album and named himself "duff mckagan"..without "rose"...a reunion with him..is impossible...

..PLUS:...did ya know how often w. axl rose kicked duff's ass..cause of his awful performance durin' "sweet child o' mine"..in paris...1992...

...this was one of the most important songs...especially in this city..duff ruined the beginnin' of this song....

...he has no nerves....that's a fact...:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

:::::::

Edited by sixtus

I'll take Stinson over Duff anytime...i never liked Duff from the get go..he just seems like he thought too much of himself, like in those Toyko dvd like he's supposed to be a conductor or some sort of shit..what a twat..anyhow before any of you bonehead start giving me shit for liking the new members better :fuckyou:

till duff "ex-rose" mckagan..released his solo album and named himself "duff mckagan"..without "rose"...a reunion with him..is impossible...

..PLUS:...did ya know how often w. axl rose kicked duff's ass..cause of his awful performance durin' "sweet child o' mine"..in paris...1992...

...this was one of the most important songs...especially in this city..duff ruined the beginnin' of this song....

...he has no nerves....that's a fact...:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

What the fuck?

Can you first of all please type normally?

and Axl kicking Duff's ass again and again?

Come on.

Tommy better than Duff?

No

Should Duff replace him?

No

Tommy has stuck by Axl's side for th past 7 years or so with no album, thats loyal.

Like axl hasnt fucked up before singing the wrong lyrics hah!

Yeah, something funny is going on there, why so secretive?

Paranoia ?

Ive always thought they were trying not to spoil some big surprise, but whatever it is cant be to groundbreaking seeing as it is only a music CD. Thats all Chinese Democracy is, so why no comments? :rolleyes:

Wierd

Edited by sweetness

Like axl hasnt fucked up before singing the wrong lyrics hah!

...excuse me???....