Maybe Robin will take over as lead guitarist for GNR

damiandoerr

Axl may choose to scale back the line up and keep the chemistry intact as apposed to bringing someone new in to the band. Its seems that if a replacement was made that there would have been a announcement or at the very least a rumor would have been started. But then again Axl has been talking about having two lead guitars since slash was in the band so at the sametime it would be hard to see him change his mind and just go with richard and robin. What do you people think?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Axl may choose to scale back the line up and keep the chemistry intact as apposed to bringing someone new in to the band. Its seems that if a replacement was made that there would have been a announcement or at the very least a rumor would have been started. But then again Axl has been talking about having two lead guitars since slash was in the band so at the sametime it would be hard to see him change his mind and just go with richard and robin. What do you people think?

Robin would need a shit load of practice to be on the level that BH was.............but I doubt that has happen.

fortus should play lead hes better than fink

When has Fortus ever played lead?

Either you lot are delusional or tonally deaf if you think Finck can replace Slash. Now if you say Dave Navarro or Buckethead, then ok thats a reasonable substitute. But FINCK? That's like saying Phil Anselmo would be a great replacement for Axl Rose. Finck is nowhere near as accomplished Slash, and THAT is a fact. If he could atleast play well, he might be better accepted, but he BUTCHERS the old gnr songs like November Rain, we're not talking "bad", we're talking "horrible".

He's also not as gifted of a guitarist as Slash, he doesn't have the same versatility or skill to be able to pull off different sounding solos like Slash. Finck's solos all sound similar. Can he go from a paradise city shred, to a bluesy 14 years solo, to a riffage fest like Coma and then do complicated slide solos like in Breakdown and Locomotive?

The day he does that kind of work, then he's fit to replace slash.

So yes...gnr needs a third guitarist, Fortus is a great rhythm player, now you need a kickass show-stopping guitarist in the mold of Slash. I wish Dave Navarro would take the job....

Edited by SylvesterStallone

Either you lot are delusional or tonally deaf if you think Finck can replace Slash. Now if you say Dave Navarro or Buckethead, then ok thats a reasonable substitute. But FINCK? That's like saying Phil Anselmo would be a great replacement for Axl Rose. Finck is nowhere near as accomplished Slash, and THAT is a fact. If he could atleast play well, he might be better accepted, but he BUTCHERS the old gnr songs like November Rain, we're not talking "bad", we're talking "horrible".

He's also not as gifted of a guitarist as Slash, he doesn't have the same versatility or skill to be able to pull off different sounding solos like Slash. Finck's solos all sound similar. Can he go from a paradise city shred, to a bluesy 14 years solo, to a riffage fest like Coma and then do complicated slide solos like in Breakdown and Locomotive?

The day he does that kind of work, then he's fit to replace slash.

just wait for the tour then

He'll show you

Yes, yes, Robin sucks, blah, blah, blah. What's funny is the same people saying this will be the very ones screaming "oh god, fuck me robin!!!" at every concert. :lol:

At least I won't be the only one. :huh::ph34r:

i still like him i just think he needed to practice the old stuff more but i like fortus better