Your thoughts about the warmup gigs in NYC?

wasted

First off, I'm just pointing out that this is Axl's MO. It's not just his MO with the new band, but his MO since, at least, the UYI tour. And we all know Axl's not likely to change.

On having a "unit", as far as we know, we have the same thing now: a unit that has been, largely, together through the entire recording process of an album (CD) with the possible exception of the 3rd (if there is one) guitarist. And they, too, have, by all accounts, participated in the writing and creation of much of the music for CD.

Yes, the old band had been together, playing the AFD stuff, for 6 years. Now, THIS band has been playing the old material (both AFD and UYI), possibly off and on, since 2001. 5 Years. At this point, I can't imagine Axl's going to sit there and correct each and every note they play...and I trust they are familiar enough (given they have tracks to play to and listen to) with the material not to need him to.

I just can't see any reason Axl needs to be physically present at the rehersals. I'm sure Tommy and the crew are keeping him appraised of what's going down, probably daily, maybe more frequently than that, sometimes.

How many times has the lineup changed over the years? How many performances have they done together? You can't possibly compare the cohesiveness of studio musicians with a couple concerts under their belt to quality that was GnR (the 86 - 94 version). Those guys played hundreds of shows together, wrote more music together than they could have possibly released, and had a chemestry on stage that the NuGnR can't touch. You're comparing apples to, well, rotten apples (or maybe baby apples to be nicer).

Axl doing his own thing tells me a lot about how cohesive he feels with these new guys...like I said, nothing has changed.

why the fuck r u here cunt?????? wat are you doing anywhere near this board!!!!

go listen to avenged sevenfold and bullet for my valentine, ya no, quality new acts lol

wanker.

Edited by bangit

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because everyone sees Axl in a cafe for lunch or the odd club at night doesn't mean to say he's not rehearsing. He's got to eat, live, breathe, shit, fart and take a piss just like everyone else.

why are you already wondering what Axl is doing, becosue he ain't rehersing with the band? how do you know he's not just more serious that he used to be and IS rehersing with the band?

The band is rehersing in Burbank, CA.

Axl is in NYC.

Pretty easy to do the math on this one....

go listen to avenged sevenfold and bullet for my valentine, ya no, quality new acts lol

wanker.

Mature response...can't have a civil discussion when it's not going your way, so you start calling names.

I'm here because I love Guns n Roses, not because I blindly support whatever Axl decides to do. Sorry.

My biggest fear is that the first night in NYC, Axl is going to sound like he did the first night on RIR II...where he also gleefully told people he skipped all rehearsals.

His voice sounded like shit, his timing was off, he forgot the damn words!!

The musical world is going to be watching these dates to see if there is anything left in this tank. If they come out and shit the bed, I don't see how they ever recover critically.

And you can tell me "who care what the critics say" if you wish. But to not think that this new band could use all the good press they can get is crazy.

And more to the point, need to avoid all the bad press they can.

Let's hope.

wanker.

Mature response...can't have a civil discussion when it's not going your way, so you start calling names.

I'm here because I love Guns n Roses, not because I blindly support whatever Axl decides to do. Sorry.

You do not love guns n roses you wanker, you love old gnr, gnr of more than ten years ago.

You simply like to come here to cause trouble, you very sad individual, way too much time on your hands m8!

Cant get a good women or somethin??

Grow up dickhead.

wanker.

You do not love guns n roses you wanker, you love old gnr, gnr of more than ten years ago.

You simply like to come here to cause trouble, you very sad individual, way too much time on your hands m8!

Cant get a good women or somethin??

Grow up dickhead.

Nice one. You type shit like that into a message board, and I need to grow up? Funny. You don't know me, you don't know anything about me. I'm a pretty level-headed person who doesn't let his emotions get the best of him on the internet. I tell it like it is, and people like you get offended. I'm over it. :shades:

I'm not hiding on a message board talking tough...internet bullies are the funniest...keep it up. :drevil:

How many times has the lineup changed over the years? How many performances have they done together? You can't possibly compare the cohesiveness of studio musicians with a couple concerts under their belt to quality that was GnR (the 86 - 94 version). Those guys played hundreds of shows together, wrote more music together than they could have possibly released, and had a chemestry on stage that the NuGnR can't touch. You're comparing apples to, well, rotten apples (or maybe baby apples to be nicer).

Axl doing his own thing tells me a lot about how cohesive he feels with these new guys...like I said, nothing has changed.

Since '01? Twice. Huge Left to be replaced by Fortus. Then Bucket left. We may have a replacement. Really, the only notable change would be Bucket's departure...as Axl has said, Huge was never really a part of the "long term" plans for the band.

How many shows? I get about 25 to 30 when I count 'em all up, with this lineup.

As for their cohesiveness, and comparing it to the GnR of 86-94...you're right, I can't compare it really. Neither can you (though you try to, above). It's an intangible. All I can talk about is the facts in evidence.

No, they have not played as many shows. As to how much material they've written....I'd say Axl saying they have 30+ songs they're working on makes a good case that they've been pretty prolific in that department. On the Chemsitry front...again, I think that the chemistry between the band on the '02 gigs, while not up to the chemsitry of the late 80's GnR, was about on par with the chemistry the band had at their tail end, when the bickering had taken over. I can't say what GnR's chemsitry was like when they started out as a club band...just like I can't say what their chemistry will be like during this tour. But I can say rehersal certainly wouldn't do anything for their chemistry.....Axl likes the raw interactions on stage. That's what got you the chemistry you're talking about during the UYI tour...so obviously it worked for you then.

Again, I'm not saying they ARE old GnR. They aren't (not yet..maybe not ever) I'm saying that the way your depicting them, they're a garage band being led by Axl. That's just not the case. You're taking the most pessimistic viewpoint you can and dousing it with more negativity, and you're not giving the new band an ounce of credit.

Axl doing his own thing tells you nothing like what you seem to think....it tells you he's doing things the same way he always has. And likely always will do.

I don't think that's news. I certainly don't think it's indicitive of anything like what you're insinuating.....and I think drawing any conclusions, other than it's Axl following his routine, is hasty, at best.

Since '01? Twice. Huge Left to be replaced by Fortus. Then Bucket left. We may have a replacement. Really, the only notable change would be Bucket's departure...as Axl has said, Huge was never really a part of the "long term" plans for the band.

How many shows? I get about 25 to 30 when I count 'em all up, with this lineup.

As for their cohesiveness, and comparing it to the GnR of 86-94...you're right, I can't compare it really. Neither can you (though you try to, above). It's an intangible. All I can talk about is the facts in evidence.

No, they have not played as many shows. As to how much material they've written....I'd say Axl saying they have 30+ songs they're working on makes a good case that they've been pretty prolific in that department. On the Chemsitry front...again, I think that the chemistry between the band on the '02 gigs, while not up to the chemsitry of the late 80's GnR, was about on par with the chemistry the band had at their tail end, when the bickering had taken over. I can't say what GnR's chemsitry was like when they started out as a club band...just like I can't say what their chemistry will be like during this tour. But I can say rehersal certainly wouldn't do anything for their chemistry.....Axl likes the raw interactions on stage. That's what got you the chemistry you're talking about during the UYI tour...so obviously it worked for you then.

Again, I'm not saying they ARE old GnR. They aren't (not yet..maybe not ever) I'm saying that the way your depicting them, they're a garage band being led by Axl. That's just not the case. You're taking the most pessimistic viewpoint you can and dousing it with more negativity, and you're not giving the new band an ounce of credit.

Axl doing his own thing tells you nothing like what you seem to think....it tells you he's doing things the same way he always has. And likely always will do.

I don't think that's news. I certainly don't think it's indicitive of anything like what you're insinuating.....and I think drawing any conclusions, other than it's Axl following his routine, is hasty, at best.

Fair enough. This is pretty senseless anyway...we'll know a lot more over the next couple weeks/months.

One thing I think we can all agree on is that it's a very interesting time to be a Guns n Roses fan (whatever you consider that to be). A lot hinges on what happens over the next couple months...2006 is going to be the year of Guns n Roses one way or the other.

ok....so.......is that catfight over?

lol

Wow...I didn't think it was a catfight at all..not between hartjh and I, at least.

It was 2 people having a pretty calm, and rational, discussion.

I know....not seen much on an internet forum but...there you have it folks....with the evidence above to prove they do exist.

:)

And I pretty much agree, verbatim, with his last post about 2006 being an interesting time to be a GnR fan....

I think the Axl of the Illusion Era is done because he knows he has to complete this tour and release this record because if he dosent he will lose everything.

So i dont think Axl will leave the stage because of "lame ass security" and I know that he did leave the stage because of the Patience mess up but i dont think it will happen again so for the people that are worried of Axl not rehearing i think Axl is working hard getting ready for this tour because I think he knows this is pretty much his last shot. But i honestlly think Axl will make this tour a must see.

Hey this is kind of irrelevant but I was thinking. What if there is a different lead guitarist playing at each of the New York shows or maybe 2 guitarists getting 2 shows each to see, which has chemistry with the rest of the band. That would be cool, and the fans could decided in their own minds, which was better fitted.

Axl is the singer, why does he need to reherse with the band?? He can work on his vocals on his own.

Maybe because he's the only one that has been in the band from the beginning?

Or maybe because he failed on the last tour?

fuck you dizzy is still in the band and he did not fail the last tour he sounded great. He just decided to not show up. and the new band plays awesome the new songs kick ass and are much better then what sloth or doof did.

Some of you on this board have no idea how important chemistry is. See with the old GNR, there was tons of chemistry and that led to a much more of a band-like atmosphere up on stage. It allowed the band to JAM more and just rock out. When you watch the new GNR, it's almost as if they are all working hard not to mess up or uncle Axl will punish them. Now I think the new material will finally make these new gunners feel more sense of belonging, and should add a great deal of Chemistry to the band. But still, Axl should be with these guys this close to taking the stage. Who knows, maybe he is, so don't fault him yet. But from the reaction on this board, there is still a lot of left over hostility people feel towards Axl.

Some of you on this board have no idea how important chemistry is. See with the old GNR, there was tons of chemistry and that led to a much more of a band-like atmosphere up on stage. It allowed the band to JAM more and just rock out. When you watch the new GNR, it's almost as if they are all working hard not to mess up or uncle Axl will punish them. Now I think the new material will finally make these new gunners feel more sense of belonging, and should add a great deal of Chemistry to the band. But still, Axl should be with these guys this close to taking the stage. Who knows, maybe he is, so don't fault him yet. But from the reaction on this board, there is still a lot of left over hostility people feel towards Axl.

Again, rehersing with someone does not just make chemsitry happen.

If you don't believe me, you can ask pretty much any established member of any band you choose.

Yes, chemistry is an important factor. And it will be interesting to see what that chemistry is on stage. But whether Axl reherses with them or not isn't likely to make a whit of difference.

Oh, and we do know Axl is not with the band. Axl is in NYC. The rest of the band is still in Burnbank, CA...and given Stinson has the Rome show booked for the 4th...I doubt they'll be heading to NYC prior to that. Maybe...but I doubt it.

I do bet you'll start hearing about "sightings" for the rest of the band in NYC either this coming weekend, or early next week. Sorta would make sense....