Your thoughts about the warmup gigs in NYC?

wasted

Think about it. Realisticly, most of the people attending these shows are forum members, or hard-core fans. Most of us have heard the demos and '02 songs.....The warm-up shows are the perfect opportunity for Axl to create a buzz about the new material.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think about it. Realisticly, most of the people attending these shows are forum members, or hard-core fans. Most of us have heard the demos and '02 songs.....The warm-up shows are the perfect opportunity for Axl to create a buzz about the new material.

Anyway I guess we will find out of the 12th, not long now.

I think though it will be like the UYI warm up shows, they played the new songs, but they still played the classics songs too

Edited by Axl-rocks

if they play just new material axl might as well already just have put out democracy cuz half of it has leaked threw the internet so it will 50/50 and yes better will kick ass live if he plays it which he better

but then again axl is a realy weird person who unorthidox

The band was playing nightrain while they spoke to Axl on his cell phone. Axl said they were nearly done with the rehearsal, they just had to play Paradise City. If we assume that the band is rehearsing the songs in the same order as they are meant to be played in the actual concert, it seems as if the setlist hasn't change very much from 2002 (where the last 2 songs of every gig were Nightrain and Paradise City).

That's why I expect Axl to start the shows in New York with WTTJ, go on with It's so easy, then Mr. Brownstone and so on. Perhaps one or two new songs will be thrown in somewhere in contrast to the 2002 setlist (probably some of the leaked songs), but overall I don't expect a whole new setlist or another setlist at different gigs.

Thoughts?

Guest JohnUlmer

You're claiming the setlist hasn't changed much based on the inclusion of TWO classic songs that they are pretty much required to play? :confused:

No he's basing on the fact that they were finishing up their rehearsal for shows less than two weeks away with Nighttrain and Paradise City. You'd think they would have the setlist pretty much.. well.. set by now, and would be practicing that setlist at rehearsal.

We'll see in 5 days.

I have a feeling it will follow a similar structure too.. but I dont expect the same exact show as we had 4 years ago.

Axl said a long time ago before they played Perfect Crime at a show. "We don't use a setlist. We go by how we feel and how you feel". Think he should just do that? ;)

It would be very cool to remove a setlist again, i mean just call it out on stage and play it that way, fuck the same thing everynight, i get bored of that and i am sure the band could use some difference on there end too

GUnsguy

I'd be quite surprised if we don't get a fair bit of new stuff. If the plan is actually warm up gigs, play the Europe shows, then release a single and start tourning the U.S., then have the album come out shortly thereafter...well, they gotta start playing the new stuff.

GN'R has always played new songs before the album and singles came out. That's the way they liked to do it. Why would that change? We'll probably be guessing at what the first single is going to be, and then one day he'll surprise us with it.

But yeah...I'm thinking like ten new songs. Most will be stuff we've already heard, stuff from 2002 and the leaks. A couple will be brand new. That's my guess. The rest of the songs (another ten or so) will be classic material.

Edited by KBear

Play Jungle, SCOM, Paradise City, YCBM, Nightrain, Novemeber Rain, and all of Chinese Democracy. Myself and a lot of other hardcore fans are paying a lot of money to come to these shows and we want to hear as much of Chinese Democracy as possible. As much as I love the old songs i'm coming to see the new band rip shit up on the new material.