The Signs are Obvious

HisRoyalFatness

Care to make things interesting?

Let's make a friendly bet. If Hammerstein turns out to be Slash-less, I'll watch the crappy video for Estranged ten times.

If Slash does show up and help Axl save rock, then you have to go ten days without molesting your step brother.

Deal?

that was a little unnecessary and unexpected :unsure:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry. That was a little unfair.

You can still molest your step brother.

There was never any reason to believe that Slash could save rock with a balls licking douche face like Scott Weiland singing.

Axl needs Slash. Slash needs Axl. Rock needs both.

HA! I am hoping Slash is back. I've always said Axl/Slash are better together.

But I just think that you went too far with that whole molestation thing.

There is no Axl without Slash and vice versa. I look at both of them as one unit. Together they are unstoppable.

I bet if Slash walked out on stage in NY, the crowd would go ballistic. That kind of energy the new band will never replicate.

Nonetheless, I don't think we gnr fans are lucky enough to get a reunion in this lifetime. We're stuck with Finck wrecking easy solos and a no-name shredder doing the bucket riffs.

Care to make things interesting?

Let's make a friendly bet. If Hammerstein turns out to be Slash-less, I'll watch the crappy video for Estranged ten times.

If Slash does show up and help Axl save rock, then you have to go ten days without molesting your step brother.

Deal?

Maybe the whole molestation shit happens in your world a lot, but it's far from normal. I don't think a GNR Forum is the best place to be trying to deal with those issues.

hey dude, good post,

i am convinced that slash is defiently back, i reckon ther's a smoke screen being created to throw people,

imagine a guy being interviewed for guns n roses just 5 weeks before the nyc shows, it dosent addup.

secondly slash is very quiet.

he did mention in an intervie lately that "they throw a lot of money in fornt of us" for a renunion.

there has probalby been a renunion in the works for 4-6 years now.

i think the leaks etc. were all requested from axl to prove the potential with the recordings,

this is why they were leaked. in fact the last solo in better is pure slash!!!

Slash visits Axl in the middle of the night to "chat."

According to who, Axl? Doesn't mean it ever happened.

Slash supposedly leaves VR, but refuses to make any formal statements.

From all accounts, VR is moving ahead with the writing/recording for their next album. Slash is still in the band.

Matt meets Axl in New York and suddenly has nothing but nice things to say about him.

So they met after not seeing each other for the last decade. Why would they hold any ill will?

No new guitarist for Axl with only a few weeks until his tour starts. That means he'd have to be bringing in somebody whose already pretty good at rocking the GnR catalog.

Robin Finck is barely decent at doing the GnR stuff so I doubt it matters.

Slash signs with Axl's management company.

It's just a rumor, nothing has been confirmed.

Richard Fortus pulls all the GnR tour dates from his site, but refuses to say whether or not he's still in the band.

Fortus put the dates up originally AFTER the whole Slash visiting Axl story leaked, and after the rumors of Slash quitting VR came out. So that theory makes no sense.

Axl's management company refuses to say if they've found a new guitarist. They want it to be a "surprise" for the first show.

When has Axl's management ever said anything about anything? We're lucky to get more than 5 words out of Merck in a given week. It doesn't mean Slash is coming back, it just means they're dicks who don't bother keeping the fans informed.

The band and management have gone out of their way to make ammends with their fans - tight presales, a string of small venue shows right before the big tours start. As a long time GnR fan, I can say this is highly unusual behavior.

Because Axl's reputation in the U.S. right now is, in a word - TERRIBLE. He's become almost a running joke at this point in mainstream music, and he knows he needs to get himself back into the good graces of american music fans, so he's going to cater to them any way possible.

hey dude, good post,

i am convinced that slash is defiently back, i reckon ther's a smoke screen being created to throw people,

imagine a guy being interviewed for guns n roses just 5 weeks before the nyc shows, it dosent addup.

secondly slash is very quiet.

he did mention in an intervie lately that "they throw a lot of money in fornt of us" for a renunion.

there has probalby been a renunion in the works for 4-6 years now.

i think the leaks etc. were all requested from axl to prove the potential with the recordings,

this is why they were leaked. in fact the last solo in better is pure slash!!!

i personaly think thats a good post but people like Axls_disillusion will rip the shit out of it <_<

even if slash was on the moon and playing with ac dc, he'd be tempted by a renunion !!!

come on, smell the bacon!!!!!

guns gave slash a massive platform to perform on!!!

Velevet revolver are in one word crap. their performance at live 8 this year was embarrising!!

Do you have a butthole for a brain? You honestly can't think of any reason why a former member of GnR might be pissed at Axl?

From "all accounts" VR is moving on together? Are you serious? I've heard plenty of accounts to the contray. Did you notice Duff is playing with a different band? All accounts my hairy balls sack.

It was 10 years ago. Sorum never had the relationship that Axl had with Slash, and didn't have the major fallout Axl had with Slash. It's not shocking after such a long absence from an old bandmate to "make amends", so to speak.

And yes, VR is moving on just fine. All you've heard is BS rumors. There's been plenty of quotes from Duff, Sorum and Weiland on them working on the new album. The first single isn't reported to be hitting radio until the end of summer, so Duff touring with Alice in Chains is irrelevent.

Edited by OTHAFA

Like I said, you can easily nitpick each of these occurances. On their own, I'd say it wouldn't mean much. But taken as a whole, it's pretty god damned clear what's happening here.

And to OTHAFA...

Do you have a butthole for a brain? You honestly can't think of any reason why a former member of GnR might be pissed at Axl?

From "all accounts" VR is moving on together? Are you serious? I've heard plenty of accounts to the contray. Did you notice Duff is playing with a different band? All accounts my hairy balls sack.

Yeah, it's really clear what's happening here :rolleyes:. Seems like you're trying so hard to convince yourself that there's a reunion, that anyone who disagrees is a conspirator or totally wrong because your theory is flawless. Sigh.

I suppose all the lawsuits between the members are cover-ups to disguise this huge reunion. If that's actually true, not only is this reunion a laughing stock already, but it shows it can't be done naturally, like a reunion should be. Not to mention Fortus has the tour dates on his site removed for a bit. Uh oh, planets are aligning.

I'd love to see the look on some of your faces if there was a reunion and it failed miserably because the band still did not like Axl's musical direction. Some of you are so deep into euphoria about something that really does not look possible, that you cannot even see a negative side to a reunion. If it failed, the entire legacy of Guns N' Roses would be doubted after a half-assed attempt, and people would look at it as a money grab. No way in hell would this band reunite because of natural reasons, so after money is thrown at them, you'd want a reunion that way? That's shit, but none of you notice because it may actually happen. Yay, let's celebrate a greedy reunion that could very well fail.

Like I said, you can easily nitpick each of these occurances. On their own, I'd say it wouldn't mean much. But taken as a whole, it's pretty god damned clear what's happening here.

And to OTHAFA...

Yeah, it's really clear what's happening here :rolleyes:. Seems like you're trying so hard to convince yourself that there's a reunion, that anyone who disagrees is a conspirator or totally wrong because your theory is flawless. Sigh.

I suppose all the lawsuits between the members are cover-ups to disguise this huge reunion. If that's actually true, not only is this reunion a laughing stock already, but it shows it can't be done naturally, like a reunion should be. Not to mention Fortus has the tour dates on his site removed for a bit. Uh oh, planets are aligning.

I'd love to see the look on some of your faces if there was a reunion and it failed miserably because the band still did not like Axl's musical direction. Some of you are so deep into euphoria about something that really does not look possible, that you cannot even see a negative side to a reunion. If it failed, the entire legacy of Guns N' Roses would be doubted after a half-assed attempt, and people would look at it as a money grab. No way in hell would this band reunite because of natural reasons, so after money is thrown at them, you'd want a reunion that way? That's shit, but none of you notice because it may actually happen. Yay, let's celebrate a greedy reunion that could very well fail.

IF there is in fact a reunion, I don't think it would be because of money. If that were the case, they would have reunited years ago. Slash wouldn't come back unlesss he had solved his differences with Axl. These are men now in their 40s, and presumably they have matured. And who's to say the lawsuits haven't been settled, or in the process of being settled?

And to OTHAFA...

IF there is in fact a reunion, I don't think it would be because of money. If that were the case, they would have reunited years ago. Slash wouldn't come back unlesss he had solved his differences with Axl. These are men now in their 40s, and presumably they have matured. And who's to say the lawsuits haven't been settled, or in the process of being settled?

Money is the only reason they've been close to a reunion, but it was turned down because of contract "conflicts." Of course they have matured, but Axl just saw Matt for the first time in 6 years a couple weeks ago, and if the lawsuits have been settled, you think they'd immediately reunite afterwards? I highly doubt that.

Slash would reunite, I know he would. However, he has problems discussing one of his many opinions. One minute, Axl's a genius and can create a masterpiece, the next, he's a jackass who he would never get along with ever again because he ruined the band. Besides, if Slash was really thinking of a true reunion, why would he say that CD was ready for March? Or Spring at least? He doesn't even know what's going on. VR is going on with their album, and so is Axl. That's all there is to know at this point.