Only play new songs petition

PopcornAdler

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well velvet revolver play some GNR, seems to me to be the same vibe, I see no problem playing Some old GNR songs, but if they try to pull a 2002 gig (which i must say was laughable and petty), then that falls into the cover band category, i say a third of the set be GNR songs and then the rest Axl's new band,

after all if he wants to prove he can make it on his own then he's going to have to throw his own material into "the ring".

And plus the obvious, the more "Axl Originals" we hear the more songs we hear of Chinese D, seems to make sense to me (i just hope there no silkworms/rhiad esque monsters in there).

Give me something new to criticise Axl :rofl-lol:

Well velvet revolver play some GNR, seems to me to be the same vibe, I see no problem playing Some old GNR songs, but if they try to pull a 2002 gig (which i must say was laughable and petty), then that falls into the cover band category, i say a third of the set be GNR songs and then the rest Axl's new band,

No theres a huge difference. GNR is GNR, VR is not GNR. IMO they shouldn't touch those songs.

No theres a huge difference. GNR is GNR, VR is not GNR. IMO they shouldn't touch those songs.

why not? Plant still does Zeppelin songs, so does Page, Jeff Beck still does some Yardbirds stuff, Clapton does Cream songs, I could go on... It's all good.

why not? Plant still does Zeppelin songs, so does Page, Jeff Beck still does some Yardbirds stuff, Clapton does Cream songs, I could go on... It's all good.

I simply feel without Axl those guys have no business playing those songs with some second rate fruadboy frontman. They left GNR for their own reasons, they should let go of it and let the real GNR handle those songs. Thats just my opinion.

I simply feel without Axl those guys have no business playing those songs with some second rate fruadboy frontman. They left GNR for their own reasons, they should let go of it and let the real GNR handle those songs. Thats just my opinion.

I see.

Not a strong enough reason for them to stop IMO.

I see.

and they wont stop. Those are the songs that made them great. not the shit on contraband. Those are the songs they'll be remembered for and they know that.

I see.

and they wont stop. Those are the songs that made them great. not the shit on contraband. Those are the songs they'll be remembered for and they know that.

agree

I see.

agree

And plus, collectively, they contributed more to the creation of those songs than Axl. It's their songs and they can play them if they like. But they better not touch Estranged (not that they would).

On topic, there should be plenty room in the set to play most if not all of Chinese Democracy and most of the "expected" classics and favourites.

Edited by Zephyrus

I see.

agree

And plus, collectively, they contributed more to the creation of those songs than Axl. It's their songs and they can play them if they like. But they better not touch Estranged (not that they would).

who slash and duff? no. Izzy and Axl contributed the most to the song writing process.

who slash and duff? no. Izzy and Axl contributed the most to the song writing process.

Yeah but Slash and Duff are two of the original line-up and Axl is just one. It's kind of nit-picking to say how much was contributed by individual members but most of Appetite was a collective effort.

this thread is fucking stupid!, if i'm going to my first concert i wanna hear jungle......... civil war...........paradise city.......november rain! ........don't cry i could rattle off 20 more!.........stupid fucking thread.

Edited by aussie_axl

this thread is fucking stupid!.........stupid fucking tread.

yet your posting on it :book:

whats your point tainted_reputation? you got a problem with me pointing out to the people posting in this thread that it's fucking stupid?

cry me a river.

I see.

Slash/duff are as entitled to play those songs as Izzy and Axl, remember the name may be in Axl's possesion but thankfully the songs are not (even still they could still play them live, no legalities there), I don't accept this argument that the singer is entitled to the music by default, Axl wrote some songs, others just the lyrics and vocal melodies he never wrote the guitar/bass which is such an instrumental part of the GNR sound, he is but one part of a song writing collective, hes no more entitled to the produce of that collective than the other members who contributed to it.

On the other hand playing a whole gig with the exception of 5 songs (2 of which are awful, 1 of which is average) with material which was written (in part) by the same people your trying to distant yourself from strkes me as odd,

his triumphant (sp?) return in 2002 was nothing more than an illustration of his need for the other original members, I know this man can easily compete with the solo projects of the other members with his own solo project, but he failed to prove it in the last tour, mix it up i say, some GNR, the rest the new stuff

one final point which im sure would have been assumed by the tone of the post thus far, there is only one real GNR and it contains izzy, Axl, Slash and Duff,

this lineup is timeless, uncorruptable by legalites or mere technicalities, also how do we know what who contributed? Estranged is credited to Axl, am I to assume he wrote the solos and the distinctive riff? Don't fucking think so, we don't know who contributed what, its a band thats all we're meant to know, if Axl wrote it all by himself I must admit hes some fucking guitarist!

now good night i have to sleep shit off before collage

Edited by Mr Estranged

Yeah but Slash and Duff are two of the original line-up and Axl is just one. It's kind of nit-picking to say how much was contributed by individual members but most of Appetite was a collective effort.

yeah but it's better when Axl sings them not Scott

yeah but it's better when Slash solos on them not Robin

I think Robin does are great job.

anyway this is what Axl says about the new guys playing the old songs at RIR 3

http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2QBU525...6G1ZDBRBJRP16DH

Edited by Axl-rocks

even if that was the case (which its not), Slash decided to leave on his own merit. Robin simply replaced him, theres nothing that can be done about it.

yea ok, lets abandon every song that made us like gnr in the first place for all new songs. what are you fucking retarded. Yea I want to hear new songs as much as everyone, but I still want to hear the old ones too. the only thing more retarded than people that cant accept the new band, are people who completley abandon the old.

Edited by Ready2CrashandBurn