• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea it whould be great to hangout with axl rose :Drock4

I know

And Sebastian Bach

They did end up going out

Wow, not even sure where to begin. It has been an amazing week that ended with one of the most incredibly special nights of radio in my 23 year career. I always preach that I do a different type of radio show and you never know what will happen, and last night backes that up BIG TIME! It is all over the web and news that Axl Rose picked my show to break a silence of over a decade. Sure Axl has done some very small interviews in the past, but this was a 2 1/2 hour hang with me, Sebastian Bach, Scott Ian and Chris Jerricho. When he walked into the studio to join us everyone was almost speachless for a second. There is WAY to much to talk about and cover. From how and why it happened, to what happened off the air, to what happened after the radio show ended and we hit the town until 6AM. Axl looked great and was totally cool. His only request was no photos, which is why none exist online. So much to tell you guys and I will post in much more detail very soon. In all honesty I am just completely wiped out and need some time to chill on all this. I also spent all day Friday with Ace Frehley, Peter Criss and Scott Travis of Judas Priest. I'll also tell you about that soon. Also, I know there is audio all over the web, most of it incomplete. I have every second of this show and it will be posted eventually in it's true form on this site. PLEASE BE AWARE ANY NON AUTHORIZED BROADCAST OF ANY PART OF THIS SHOW IS NOT PROHIBITED! IF YOU ARE A RADIO STATION INTERESTED IN THIS AUDIO PLEASE CONTACT ME THROUGH THIS SITE! THIS IS EXCLUSIVE COPYWRITTEN MATERIAL THAT IS THE PROPERTY OF EDDIE TRUNK AND KGB RADIO NETWORKS!

I was the first to play the new music years ago, and now the first to have an in depth interview with the legend himself! Still can't get your local station to broadcast my show? LET THEM KNOW ABOUT IT! You would have heard this live!!

It was also great to clear the air and any tension with Axl between me and Mike Piazza over the leak. Mike actually called in and Axl was cool. I can not say THANK YOU enough to Sebastian Bach for making this all possible! Bas and I spent a couple days together doing radio and TV in support of the new Supergroup show and told me he would get this to happen and he did. Simply put this would never have happened with out Bas, I owe you big time bro! Much more to come about this historic night as soon as I get some sleep and recover. Axl, thank you for this incredible exclusive and for being so cool and hanging. Who knows, maybe we will do it again soon......much more coming very soon to this site exclusively!

http://www.eddietrunk.com/blog.php

Axl still sounds paranoid and secretive. Eddie Trunk is a terrible interviewer. All he did was kiss Axl's ass and apologize. Didn't ask him any tough questions: about his feelings on Velvet Revolver, Slash's middle of the night visit to his home, Scott Weiland's comments, the Slash/Duff lawsuit, the 2002 riots, why he's such a recluse (no press conferences in 13 years), about his repeated promises in the past five years that the new album would come out "soon," why he doesn't keep his official site up to date, why he ignore's his American fans, etc...

It was basically a fluff interview that went nowhere. Axl's promise that the new album will be out in fall, late fall or "by the end of the year" is ridiculous. In the words of Chef from "Apocalypse Now": "Put that fucker out man!" Plus in that interview promoting Rock In Rio he said the album would be out "this summer."

How can he possibly consider touring America in September without a new album out. He should put volume one out ASAP (July at the latest) so people in North America can learn the new songs, that way we'll know them when GnR hits the States this fall.

This all reminds me too much of Axl's aborted comebacks in 2001 and 2002. He's taking those big money shows in Europe and South America but staying away from America (except for a handful of club dates). He's not committing to anything (videos, band lineup, singles, album release date). Like he's just wanting to "see how it goes" again. Meaning if the European shows don't go exactly as he wants them to the rest of the year is a write off.

One "sad but true" comment that irked me was when he said it's easier to play overseas because they don't get as upset by the "new" Guns N Roses lineup as we do in the States. Yeah people in Rio are so dense they thought Buckethead was Slash wearing a KFC bucket on his head. People overseas don't give Axl any shit about daring to tour as Guns N Roses without Slash, Duff and Izzy.

Let Axl hide in Europe for the next three months. Pretend GnR is still a stadium act. And use video & pictures of him with Slash & Duff to promote the shows. And ignore his fans in the States and make us wait another 4-6 months for "Chinese Democracy." This doesn't feel like a real comeback to me. Just that Axl needs money and the European festival shows will make him a fortune.

He seems determined to deny his American fans new albums, concerts, videos, interviews, an official web site, etc... He should give the GnR name to Slash, Duff and Izzy. At least the still release new music.

Guest PULPY

Yeah probably, they went and did a couple lines of splenda. :P

what's splenda? It's a drug I guess, but what kinda?

In the UK, Splenda, is a kind of sugar. So they were referring to heroin or coke I guess. :)

Guest roses_are_red

I wanna hang with axl and baz (its impossible though) too! Yay

im jealous of them, that they got to hang out with eachother.

I was the first to play the new music years ago, and now the first to have an in depth interview with the legend himself! Still can't get your local station to broadcast my show? LET THEM KNOW ABOUT IT! You would have heard this live!!

And in depth radio interview? What the fuck is that all about? The guys were more talking about themselves and their GnR experience than about the actual GnR stuff. :|

And in depth radio interview? What the fuck is that all about? The guys were more talking about themselves and their GnR experience than about the actual GnR stuff. :|

they were doing both. it was cool

In the UK, Splenda, is a kind of sugar. So they were referring to heroin or coke I guess. :)

Alright, thanks for the answer. :)

yeah, i caught that,

"me and slash were snorting splenda in room..." - baz

"the snorting gave it away man..." - i think eddie

dont be so upset here---he wasn't euro-bashing so chill out. i agree with his comments--european fans for the most part dont give a shit who they see, thus they respond with open arms to guns. it's easy. why, cause there are a few huge guns fans on this message board from europe? america dude, it's fuckin SHOW US THE BEEF over here.

i just hope that america gets a fucking tour at this point. chinese democracy? ain't gonna hold my breath.

bash me if you want. you're all probably 14 anyway, juvenile behavior as usual around here.

Guest PULPY

yeah, i caught that,

I thought it was obvious from the beginning, "Me and Mike Monroe we hunting round for it on the floor of a limousine." ? Who would be that desperate for sugar? :P

yeah, i caught that,

I thought it was obvious from the beginning, "Me and Mike Monroe we hunting round for it on the floor of a limousine." ? Who would be that desperate for sugar? :P

maybe they really needed it for their tea

;)

Guest PULPY

yeah, i caught that,

maybe they really needed it for their tea

;)

Ach, tea with sugar.. no thanks. Aren't Australians crazy tea drinkers? (This is just what I heard)/

No they weren't. I haven't heard one in depth question. Sure, Axl made a few things clear like the extra guitar player and stuff like that, but no way it was an in depth interview. I found them annoying to listen to. The anecdotes Axl came up were nice, but all those stories about them seeing GnR at Giants made me want to puke. They were all up to Axl's ass.

No they weren't. I haven't heard one in depth question. Sure, Axl made a few things clear like the extra guitar player and stuff like that, but no way it was an in depth interview. I found them annoying to listen to. The anecdotes Axl came up were nice, but all those stories about them seeing GnR at Giants made me want to puke. They were all up to Axl's ass.

look they asked some questions, maybe it wasn't really in depth Questions, but I didn't mind, and it was not a interview, and that would of been dumb anyway if they just asked him heaps of questions, they hadn't spoken to Axl for a while, Sebastian and Axl hadn't seen each other for years, they were shocked Axl actually came to the studio and they were enjoying that he was there talking to them.

They asked him if he wanted to come to the studio and hang with them, not to do an interveiw. And that is what Axl did, he went to just hang with them and have a chat and he answered some questions to.

Edited by Axl-rocks

look they asked some questions, maybe it wasn't really in depth Questions, but I didn't mind, and it was not a interview, and that would of been dumb anyway if they just asked him heaps of questions, they hadn't spoken to Axl for a while, Sebastian and Axl hadn't seen each other for years, they were shocked Axl actually came to the studio and they were enjoying that he was there talking to them.

They asked him if he wanted to come to the studio and hang with them, not to do an interveiw. And that is what Axl did, he went to just hang with them and have a chat and he answered some questions to.

I'm not saying what Axl Rose did was wrong or anything, I'm saying that Eddie Trunk makes a lot more of it than it actually was. He pretends like he had this deep chat with Axl about Chinese Democracy, the tour and all that stuff, and makes it look like fans who didn't hear it missed a lot. While in fact they didn't. The questions that were asked regarding the whole Chinese Democracy progress could be asked in 5 minutes. Eddie makes more of it, so fans will request the interview, and Eddie knows that if other radio stations ask for the segments, he'll be making more money. That's my point.

Egotistical jerk!

Hide in europe... I suppose you don't have ANY idea at all how arrogant and ignorant that is do you?

Why the hell do you think you deserve it more then the people in europe?

What makes you better and more deserving?

Ignore the fans in the states. You had a your in 2002 remember?

And he's still going there, rest assured.

The man is certainly NOT hiding. He's starting it here. Deal with it!

For years no news, no info. Nothing.

And now we have all this exitement and there's still negative dumb people like you for whom it's never enough.

You obviously have no idea what you're on about.

Arrogant prick.

I didn't mean any offense. Believe me I know the whole planet doesn't revolve around the United States. But the band broke big here in 1987 and it be nice to see them back. All I know is he makes a lot more money in Europe doing festivals than here in the States. And catches a lot less heat from the press & fans for having an all new lineup. I guess I'm just jealous that I can't go.

I just hope Europe doesn't keep the band all to themselves! :)

I'm actualy 9. Thanks.

Seriously though, you obviously don't know shit about europe or the fans here.

You put it in an incredibly ignorant and degrading way. Are the crouds here more receptive? Yes.

But that doesn't say anything. We're getting the same over here as you're getting in the states. So that doesn't matter.

If you "want to see the beef" that's fine. But what does that have to do with where they go first?

It's not an arguement as to why they should do the US first is it?

Doing europe first is a really smart move marketing-wise as it also creates more buzz in the US.

And you just need that more in the US then you need it here.

And they will do both europe and the US (and probably Asia), so the "it's easy" arguement is also complete bull.

Still sounds to me like you guys are just bummed you won't "get it first".

I respect Europe. Part of me wishes I lived there. (You guys get some really cool concerts). But, let me ask you: Do you resent the fact that video of Slash & Duff is being used in ads promoting the upcoming concerts? Don't you feel misled by the marketing people? And the fact that Duff and Slash are all over the promo posters.

You should feel insulted by that. That GnR's concert promoters feel they European fans are too naive to notice that the Guns N Roses they'll be seeing in 2006 won't be the one they saw back in 1993.

And I will be far away in Sleepy Land.

Take a hard look at P4A's sig.

No way, I haven't time for that!

What's that crazy bitch got on there now? "I WANT SLASH ALL DAY AND NIGHT"? :D

Have a good night sleep, and think positive Axl thoughts! :kiss:

UK SUBS.

Okay Subsy, I'll let this one slide....

I understand you haven't been this excited in YEARS! :wub:

Um, no offense to Mrs. Subs... :kiss:

It was fun and all, and I did enjoy hearing Axl. But when he said UYI was "Slash trying to take over", I remembered why I'm on the other team.

right because Slash is perfect and there is no way in hell he was trying to take control of the band :rolleyes: open your eyes man! He openly admitted right there it was 3 people who wanted things done their way.

You go be on the other team :no: , I for one am excited about GNR's return.