The Eddie Trunk Discussion Topic

Guest JohnUlmer

Guest JohnUlmer

Izzy was at the rehearsal.......

L.

Says who? :rolleyes:

Whoa, we both replied with the exact same message. :o

Telepathy or just great minds and all that shit?!

:rofl-lol:

Great minds, I'm sure.

Or at least obsessive ones. :unsure:

Why do I get the feeling some of you guys are gonna go buy tons of WASP albums now?

:unsure:

http://ts.searching.com/torrent/569930/WAS...2_Studio_Albums

:rofl-lol: I am ashamed to admit that I actually contemplated it.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever is that new guitarist will have to be able to handle Buckets parts. Which are obviously fast judging by the leaks. It won't be Izzy as Axl pretty much shot that shit down in the interview. Use your ears people

Just. Wow :)

God, I go away for three days and Guns' has announced dates with the Stones and now this? :shocked: Unbelievable!(at this point I shoud thank "Binge and Slash" for the quick summary updates - the board was just going nuts when I logged on a few hours ago, and I couldn't get my head round it all).

I've not been anywhere near this board in the last couple hours - just hearing Axl's interviews back for the second time(you know, like a good movie - you 'see' bits that you missed first time 'round)

Just a brilliant interview on so many levels. First of all, to hear Axl just chillin' and having GENUINE laughter and fun, just was a really nice touch for me. Interesting things I picked up? well just the obvious like everyone else I suppose: One album, release looks certain this year in Autumn( or "fall" as Axl said), The new guitarist was a fairly intersting thing - it's clearly not either Bucket' ot Slash which im dissapointed in on both names, and I honestly don't think it will be Izzy(although Axl indicated he may join them in NYC in either one or all of the four shows? an added bonus, is the way I'd look at that).

Just was a brilliant interview - by the way, just how many times did Axl interupt Seb and the other way round - just think they were both a little excited which actually was really cool...

Finally, I just really, really hope this is the start of something big( No, I'm not talking as "big" as the original Guns' - you guys just watch you old videos and keep moaning or whatever floats your boat :rolleyes: ), I just hope Axl puts his all into this and we at the very least get ONE great album and a good tour. After that, who knows?.....

UK SUBS.

Amen to that! :P

Just. Wow :)

God, I go away for three days and Guns' has announced dates with the Stones and now this? :shocked: Unbelievable!(at this point I shoud thank "Binge and Slash" for the quick summary updates - the board was just going nuts when I logged on a few hours ago, and I couldn't get my head round it all).

I've not been anywhere near this board in the last couple hours - just hearing Axl's interviews back for the second time(you know, like a good movie - you 'see' bits that you missed first time 'round)

Just a brilliant interview on so many levels. First of all, to hear Axl just chillin' and having GENUINE laughter and fun, just was a really nice touch for me. Interesting things I picked up? well just the obvious like everyone else I suppose: One album, release looks certain this year in Autumn( or "fall" as Axl said), The new guitarist was a fairly intersting thing - it's clearly not either Bucket' ot Slash which im dissapointed in on both names, and I honestly don't think it will be Izzy(although Axl indicated he may join them in NYC in either one or all of the four shows? an added bonus, is the way I'd look at that).

Just was a brilliant interview - by the way, just how many times did Axl interupt Seb and the other way round - just think they were both a little excited which actually was really cool...

Finally, I just really, really hope this is the start of something big( No, I'm not talking as "big" as the original Guns' - you guys just watch you old videos and keep moaning or whatever floats your boat :rolleyes: ), I just hope Axl puts his all into this and we at the very least get ONE great album and a good tour. After that, who knows?.....

UK SUBS.

Yeah man rockin time to be a Gunner :shades:

The way Axl sounded when he said that Izzy "might" be there is that Izzy has already said he would show up, but I guess by what Axl says Izzy has a history of not showing up, and just doing his own thing, so Axl didnt want to say yes and then Izzy not show up, thats how I took it. Not sure if he was saying he would actually play, or just be at the show.

Anyway, that was really a great interview and thanks for posting this. Its just nice to hear the man again, and I think he sounded really happy. This is so much better than some "official" statement. Hearing him a Bas talking just reminded me of the old days and how much I loved both Skid Row and Guns, really miss those day.

Im also glad there isnt going to be a reunion. Not that I wouldnt want to see one, but im guessing if they did a reunion then this album might just scraped, and I dont want that. I LOVE old GNR but I really want to hear this new band, and the album CD. Old GNR is a thing of the past and im ready to move forward with this new band, they deserve it and I fully expect CD to be nothing short of amazing. It would be nice to see a reunion sometime down the road, just not now.

I honestly have never seen Axl like this, he was so down to earth, and no matter what questions were asked Axl did a great job of answering them. No "i dont know" remarks, he answered EVERYTHING.

I was doubting alot of things recently, but now I can safely say that I believe CD is coming, and this truely will be GNR's year. Axl really impressed me by coming and doing this interview, come on people, thats SO not Axl lol.

Great great day.

Edited by mahimahi

when they called him initially, and he held the phone up to the band during rehearsals, You can hear a bit of Nightrain, and some dude is tearing it up on the ending solo. Didn't really sound like either of the 2 guys we know, so I wonder who that was...

when they called him initially, and he held the phone up to the band during rehearsals, You can hear a bit of Nightrain, and some dude is tearing it up on the ending solo. Didn't really sound like either of the 2 guys we know, so I wonder who that was...

we shall find out in a few days :shades: you gonna wish you came to NYC for these gigs?

The coolest part of the whole thing was Axl just chillin and crackin jokes. Priceless stuff, he's been gone for far too long.

I agree... God, I am pumped like shit, this is such an amazing interview, Axl's back, yeah!

I thought Sebastian's Bach's bragging that he has the "It's So Easy" video was funny. I was like "Uh, everyone's seen it! Look on YouTube.com!" :)

Great interview although I would have preferred more "clearing up" questions and FAR LESS ass kissing

The coolest part of the whole thing was Axl just chillin and crackin jokes. Priceless stuff, he's been gone for far too long.

I agree... God, I am pumped like shit, this is such an amazing interview, Axl's back, yeah!

WORD! :)

Maybe Axl got Ozzys guitarist Zakk Wylde?

Doubtful, I believe he already worked with him and Axl said that the new person has nothing to do with the past.

I think i read Axl was going to get him to work. But something came up.

"Zakk has also in the past auditioned and was poised to become part of Guns N' Roses but a miscommunication between management led to Zakk never having the opportunity to play with Axl Rose." Wikipedia. But who knows.

Edited by ChrisXGNR

Really surprised that the axl weiland bashing wasnt mentioned.

I wasn't surprised that it didn't come up.

Axl chose his words very carefully throughout the interview, being extra careful not to insult or take shots at anybody - even the Offspring. If Axl had reason to insult anybody, it would have been the Offspring for trying to rip off his album title, and yet he didn't when asked about them.

I don't think he wants to get into a war of words with anybody in the music business right now. I think he's trying to win friends rather than create enemies. jmo.