Slash - In or Out of GNR? We may get answers tonight from Slash himself

madison

I just hope Izzy shows for for some songs at these next shows.

As far as Slash goes, I doubt he will never rejoin. It is destiny for the old lineup to once again get back together, but for now, I'll take Axl's new GNR.

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: holy shit! lol , that wasnt about the slash thing that was about this GNR comeback!!!! rock3

2006-The year Guns N' Roses came back, 2006- The year Guns N' Roses will take over the music industry ;)

ahhh holy hell lol, this is amazing, im downloading the show right now 21% done,

on topic:

I would be extatic if Slash came back, im not too fond of mister bumblefoot haha, I realize he's fuckin awesome, but if he plays his foot guitar at a gnr concert i'll cry.....from laughter, mehh maybe he isnt so bad :lol: , but still, i would really like slash back, i mean look at Axl and Izzy, they're all good now, 't could happen for Slash and Mr. Axl Rose too, look at the past years for GNR , I can truthfully say, anything goes-regarding members.

JamesStedham.

:lol: holy shit! lol , that wasnt about the slash thing that was about this GNR comeback!!!! rock3

2006-The year Guns N' Roses came back, 2006- The year Guns N' Roses will take over the music industry ;)

ahhh holy hell lol, this is amazing, im downloading the show right now 21% done,

on topic:

I would be extatic if Slash came back, im not too fond of mister bumblefoot haha, I realize he's fuckin awesome, but if he plays his foot guitar at a gnr concert i'll cry.....from laughter, mehh maybe he isnt so bad :lol: , but still, i would really like slash back, i mean look at Axl and Izzy, they're all good now, 't could happen for Slash and Mr. Axl Rose too, look at the past years for GNR , I can truthfully say, anything goes-regarding members.

JamesStedham.

you got me confused

I don't want Slash to rejoin.

I like Slash, but this band is great, and him coming back would ruin the chemistry already existent.

You know, before I wanted him to come back, but after last night he really has no place in GN'R. Everybody in the band looked united and confortable with eachother. Plus they all kick ass! It'll definitely be cool if he plays a song or two as a guest

Kannon.

------------------------------------

Slash, ruin the chemistry :unsure: ?

Dudes, Slash was part of who made the music! In fact, he is part of the music.

I mean, I wasn't at the show last night, nor did I see what the vibe was like with the 'new' lineup, but bumblefoot, brain, stintson, and finck did not make half the music they played last night. Don't get me wrong, I still have tremendous respect for all those guys for working their asses off to keep the legacy going, but it's not actually Guns N' Roses.

Sorry if I sounded like a total bitch, but thats my opinion.

That is your opinion, fine...

I'm saying this band has good chemistry, and they are very talented, whether they are GN'R or not is another issue.

I'm saying that Slash coming back into a band that has been working together for a while, as a part of a corporate deal, just to make money, would ruin the chemistry this band has.

tremendous respect for Finck ??? wtf

And vicious it's 12:20 pm pst right now.

cheers that means, if my maths is right, that it'll be on at 2.00 am in britan/ireland

i don't think i can stay up all night again :(

I'm saying that Slash coming back into a band that has been working together for a while, as a part of a corporate deal, just to make money, would ruin the chemistry this band has.

Lame.

Though you did a good point about whether they are GNR or not being an issue. It is indeed.

and also a recent report that the old lineup got together at a studio here in NYC.

What "recent report"?.. Any source for this?

huh what

Well, this wasn't from the same sources as my "Slash talks" rumor - which were extremely reliable and highly-placed industry sources.

The rumor of a jam session came from a casual source - which is why I didn't mention it earlier. Apparently - according to my casual source - Axl told this guy's friend that Slash, Duff, and Matt had jammed with Axl in a studio here. This guy's friend has partied with Axl many times here in NYC (and I have private pics to prove this guy has partied with Axl). So, take the rumor with a grain of salt - but that's what I was told. Maybe Axl was just messing with the guy's head? Or maybe the guy was drunk and heard it wrong. Who knows. This is why I didn't want to start a thread about it - since the source is a casual one.

MYGNR has a rule about posting rumours - friend of friends and " i heard " will not cut it here young lady and you should know this.Do i need to post a link to the rules for you?

Just messing Maddy ;)

Sorry to break it to you guys...but Slash left in 1996. Where have you people been :question::tongue2:

Exactly. The problem is that Slash would never join again to just play shows. He'd have to have money thrown his way and a huge contract would have to be signed. AKA: A forced reunion. Sure, the original band has been rumoured to be together at certain times, but it's another rumour and that's all. 10 years of work, just so the original members can come back and dislike Axl's musical direction again? Doesn't sound too appealing to me, personally.

The fact that Thal has been in the band for only two weeks (seems to be the consensus) only makes me more suspicious that he's a temp. The band knew about these shows for at least six weeks, and yet they still were auditioning guitarists two weeks prior? How does that make sense unless the guy you are hiring is a temp. If they needed a permanent guitarist then they'd likely solidify that spot first and then start booking shows. Getting a permanent guitarist is much tougher than finding a short-term fill in.

Although - he did cancel/postpone all of his future dates. That doesn't make it look temporary.

But you're right - we don't know for sure.

I don't see that. All dates of his up til June 24th have been cancelled (as per his website). Dates in late July and early August are still up. If madison's scenario happens Slash would probably be back in early/mid July. The last two dates at this point are July 10th and 12th with the Rolling Stones. Pretty nice way to get back in the band. If Slash does come back my bet is on these days.

Thal also says on his site that the dates he has canceled will be rescheduled. I don't know if he'd do that if he was permanently in GN'R and they were gearing up for an album launch and U.S. tour. I know he could probably do both but still.

Guest RonMexico82
Sorry to break it to you guys...but Slash left in 1996. Where have you people been :question::tongue2:

Well after this guy left...

velvetrevolver_gallery__366x550.jpg

we waited around for a decent replacement and eventually got this guy for a while...

409472_buckethead_200x200.jpg

who then got fired only to be replaced two weeks before their make or break tour by this guy...

659-Bumblefoot-ron-Thal.gif

I feel like we have been on an episode of Punk'd since '96

Edited by RonMexico82

The thing I'm looking forward to is Slash talking about Axl's statement when Slash supposedly showed up to his house and said all that shit. Let's face it, if he's doing those dates with GN'R, or he's back in the band, he wouldn't tell nobody, he would just say no.

Mind, I'd swap Slash for Bumble' in a heartbeat!

UK SUBS.

I AGREE, the feeling Slash brought to the music of GNR cant be reincarnated thru anyone else, I jammed out and give all 3 of them guitarists full props, they rock...but in a truly musical sense...them 3 dont even equal 1 Slash....and those arnt put downs it is reality.

Exactly. The problem is that Slash would never join again to just play shows. He'd have to have money thrown his way and a huge contract would have to be signed. AKA: A forced reunion. Sure, the original band has been rumoured to be together at certain times, but it's another rumour and that's all. 10 years of work, just so the original members can come back and dislike Axl's musical direction again? Doesn't sound too appealing to me, personally.

Well, Axl's musical direction ain't all that different from back in the day. Hell, CITR is a fusion of Beatles/Queen. Not exactly groundbreaking but kick ass just the same.

Maybe these guys all realized that they belong together? We can't assume that if a reunion happens it has to be forced. Hell, some of the new guys are on record as saying the old GN'R was never something they were really into. Now that sounds forced. Whereas you know Slash genuinely would love to be in Guns again.

But anyways, I'm getting too far ahead of myself now. Obviously I'm hopeful, but Slash coming back is still a longshot. If he does I will be in heaven, if not then I'm sure I'll still love the new songs Axl gives us.

The thing I'm looking forward to is Slash talking about Axl's statement when Slash supposedly showed up to his house and said all that shit. Let's face it, if he's doing those dates with GN'R, or he's back in the band, he wouldn't tell nobody, he would just say no.

Really. Since when would Slash give a straight answer anyways? Even if he said "Oh yeah, I'm now back in GN'R!," he would either be completely drunk off his ass, or he'd mean something completely different from GN'R.