Slash - In or Out of GNR? We may get answers tonight from Slash himself

madison

Mind, I'd swap Slash for Bumble' in a heartbeat!

UK SUBS.

I AGREE, the feeling Slash brought to the music of GNR cant be reincarnated thru anyone else, I jammed out and give all 3 of them guitarists full props, they rock...but in a truly musical sense...them 3 dont even equal 1 Slash....and those arnt put downs it is reality.

Umm..I think UK SUBS meant he would prefer Bumble over Slash, unless I read it wrong ;)

• Replies 596
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cherry_bomb
I can see the line of questioning now..

Matt: So Slash are you going to be joining GNR overseas in June?

Slash: Yeah man, even though Axl denies it, I will be there

Matt: Dude, what the fuck about Velvet Revolver?

Slash: .........

:laugh:

we'll see. as said, should be pretty interesting.

Sorry to break it to you guys...but Slash left in 1996. Where have you people been :question::tongue2:

Exactly. The problem is that Slash would never join again to just play shows. He'd have to have money thrown his way and a huge contract would have to be signed. AKA: A forced reunion. Sure, the original band has been rumoured to be together at certain times, but it's another rumour and that's all. 10 years of work, just so the original members can come back and dislike Axl's musical direction again? Doesn't sound too appealing to me, personally.

Well, Axl's musical direction ain't all that different from back in the day. Hell, CITR is a fusion of Beatles/Queen. Not exactly groundbreaking but kick ass just the same.

Maybe these guys all realized that they belong together? We can't assume that if a reunion happens it has to be forced. Hell, some of the new guys are on record as saying the old GN'R was never something they were really into. Now that sounds forced. Whereas you know Slash genuinely would love to be in Guns again.

But anyways, I'm getting too far ahead of myself now. Obviously I'm hopeful, but Slash coming back is still a longshot. If he does I will be in heaven, if not then I'm sure I'll still love the new songs Axl gives us.

Um guys...I was just making a joke :huh::lol: Intresting stuff you're saying though...

that was not a very good joke

<_< It's not a 'funny, ha ha!' joke, it's an ironic joke.

Anyway how did you get sand in your vagina then?

Aww bet it's cause I called you gullible. Don't cry, everything will be alright

Edited by GNR'R

To clarify some things,

The interview will start at 03.00 Stockholm,Paris, Berlin, Madrid etc

02.00 for Great Britain

04.00 for Athens, Minsk, Istanbul, Beirut, Bukarest, Helsinki, Kyiv, Tallin etc

05.00 for Moscow,Bagdad, Riyadh, Kuwait, St. Petersburg, etc

05.30 for Teheran

06.00 for Abu Dhabi, Tbilsi etc

06.30 for Kabul

07.00 for Islamabad etc

07.30 for Calcutta, Mumbai, New Delhi etc

07.45 for Katmandu

08.00 for some shitty places that no one ever have heard of

09.00 for Bangkok, Hanoi, Djakarta etc

10.00 for Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Perth etc

11.00 for Tokyo, Osaka, Seoul etc

Fuck, I don't wanna do much more :D

To clarify some things,

The interview will start at 03.00 Stockholm,Paris, Berlin, Madrid etc

02.00 for Great Britain

04.00 for Athens, Minsk, Istanbul, Beirut, Bukarest, Helsinki, Kyiv, Tallin etc

05.00 for Moscow,Bagdad, Riyadh, Kuwait, St. Petersburg, etc

05.30 for Teheran

06.00 for Abu Dhabi, Tbilsi etc

06.30 for Kabul

07.00 for Islamabad etc

07.30 for Calcutta, Mumbai, New Delhi etc

07.45 for Katmandu

08.00 for some shitty places that no one ever have heard of

09.00 for Bangkok, Hanoi, Djakarta etc

10.00 for Beijing, Hong Kong, Singapore, Perth etc

11.00 for Tokyo, Osaka, Seoul etc

Fuck, I don't wanna do much more :D

Oh great, got to stay up until about 4. I'm fuckin' tired but this is gonna be a good interview so what the hell.. :)

:rofl-lol: ...You idiots need a fucking reality check in yer brains!

Axl already hired a player...and you still talking about Slash? .....This is behind funny! :lol:

I'll bet Axl finds it funny too. :P

(*Axl - next time, don't grunt one-word answers about simple stuff and maybe there will be less interest in threads like this one. :book: .. Private joke folks)

So, back on topic, yeah -- hopefully, Slash will give us a definitive answer on all of this.

Axl already hired a player...and you still talking about Slash? .....This is behind funny! :lol:

I'll bet Axl finds it funny too. :P

(*Axl - next time, don't grunt one-word answers about simple stuff and maybe there will be less interest in threads like this one. :book: .. Private joke folks)

So, back on topic, yeah -- hopefully, Slash will give us a definitive answer on all of this.

i hope he will

Guest RonMexico82

Actually it speaks volumes about the new guy cos clearly the overall reaction is negative. There are only 8 pages of a discussion about Ron Thal. If Slash returned we would have 40+ by now. If Buckethead returned we would have loads too. People seem kind of bummed out by Ron Thal. Worrying. Of course he needs a chance and his skill is unquestionable but that won't necessarily mean that he will be a popular choice.

I agree with Madison. Most people are negative. I wasn't there obviously, but what more can one expect than a reborn Axl, a Gunsed up Robin, the ever-so-lovely Richard, a determined Brian, a fit Dizzy and a new guitarist?

Of course Slash coming back is utopia at the moment, but if he is then it would mean the world to the band coz then GNR would be HUGE again overnight Come on! The average human being says "GNR is Axl and Slash".

On a sidenote I really appreciate the work some of your guys have been doing to give the rest of the GNR world a chance to actively participate in GNR's comeback. Thanks!

Btw: are there any pics apart from those of Axl available?

I agree with Madison. Most people are negative. I wasn't there obviously, but what more can one expect than a reborn Axl, a Gunsed up Robin, the ever-so-lovely Richard, a determined Brian, a fit Dizzy and a new guitarist?

Of course Slash coming back is utopia at the moment, but if he is then it would mean the world to the band coz then GNR would be HUGE again overnight Come on! The average human being says "GNR is Axl and Slash".

On a sidenote I really appreciate the work some of your guys have been doing to give the rest of the GNR world a chance to actively participate in GNR's comeback. Thanks!

Btw: are there any pics apart from those of Axl available?

you forgot dizzy as well