We KNOW now that Axl is a liar.

Carne_asaDA

I want to personally thank Slash for coming on the air and taking on ALL the rumors head-on. Thanks to the mygnr.com guy that called and asked the question that we all been wanting to know which started my " Slash, Say it ain't so" Campaign. He DID NOT show up to Axl's house. I feel guilty as hell questioning Slash on this.

This interview proved that

Axl is the liar. Axl does need his old band. Why the hell do you think that when reunion rumors were circulating, he NEVER shot them down until the last minute. Instead, he used them to promote the upcoming shows. :rolleyes: Axl is so full of BS it's not even funny.

I know ignoramous's like A_D is going to say, "How do you know Slash ain't lying?". This is why I believe Slash. He went on the air to answer ANY questions, to take on any rumor head-on, and squash them all. He didn't have stipulations like that red headed singer. He didn't dodge any questions like the red headed one did on the Trunk show. "Can you tell us why the tour ended early?" "No, I'm not gonna talk about it."

Everybody here has this idea, that the band members check these forums on a daily basis. So people like A_D puts on a bit of a show when he posts thinking that Axl is gonna read his post and earn his respect. :rolleyes: These are the one's who sound like fucking idiots when they call in the show. "Hi, who's this??"

"This is Moosehead."(or whatever the fuck his name was.)

"Moosehead???"

"Yeah, this is Moosehead from the forum."

You idiot, they didn't know who you are!!!! They have lives, you don't.!!!! :fuckyou:

Point is, there is NO defending Axl in this. He's a liar, and just when I started to gain a little more respect for him as of late. It's GONE!!!!!!! :fuckyou:

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you that Axl lied and he seems to need the old band (why would he otherwise dragged it's name with him) but not as much as you make it sound.. After all, he's a great musican :)

Edited by Wando

A. In regards to why the tour ended. Trust me, if you were the potential subject of any litigation, your answer would be "No, not really", too, if asked to talk about why the tour ended.

B. Umm, actually, Matt / Slash did kind of censor the calls.. in fact, they directly said "no more GNR calls" - which is fine, Matt's playground, his rules.

C. This is a case of he said / he said. Unless we were there, we really don't know WHO to believe. I happen to take Axl at his word - maybe I'm stupid for that.. but whatever. Slash has never struck me as a particularly honest guy. I mean look, he and Matt said "well, Slash doesn't really speak publicly much". Really? How come typically Slash is looking for some media outlet or another to get a statement out, then? The guy's never exactly been publicity shy until he was pretty much 'called out' by the red headed one.

D. For the record, I don't hate Slash or really anyone from GNR ver 1.0 . I just think that, again, unless we're there, how do we really know? The whole situation is a clustefuck, but I guess that's all part of what makes it so fascinating.

-darknemus

/\ Voice of reason, i agree except for the not trusting Slash bit we can't really make a judgement, if on the radio Axl had said 'it did happen' would that make Slash the liar?

Edited by JAC185

A. In regards to why the tour ended. Trust me, if you were the potential subject of any litigation, your answer would be "No, not really", too, if asked to talk about why the tour ended.

B. Umm, actually, Matt / Slash did kind of censor the calls.. in fact, they directly said "no more GNR calls" - which is fine, Matt's playground, his rules.

C. This is a case of he said / he said. Unless we were there, we really don't know WHO to believe. I happen to take Axl at his word - maybe I'm stupid for that.. but whatever. Slash has never struck me as a particularly honest guy. I mean look, he and Matt said "well, Slash doesn't really speak publicly much". Really? How come typically Slash is looking for some media outlet or another to get a statement out, then? The guy's never exactly been publicity shy until he was pretty much 'called out' by the red headed one.

D. For the record, I don't hate Slash or really anyone from GNR ver 1.0 . I just think that, again, unless we're there, how do we really know? The whole situation is a clustefuck, but I guess that's all part of what makes it so fascinating.

-darknemus

A. This is reasonable, but I'm not buying it.

B. True, but by that time, ALL rumors were addressed. It didn't matter.

C. Get your head out of your ass.

D. Respected.

Ok where to begin...........

Go back and read interviews that have Slash talking about why GnR broke up....... see for yourself how many times the guy contradicts himself.

Axl didnt say anything about the cancellation of the 2002 tour because its a legal issue, and for someone who has been sued as many times as he has he knows to keep his mouth shut

Bottom line is, you dont know shit, i dont know shit........ and as Axl said on stage friday night no one knows whats really going on in Guns n Roses or what went on, and until these lot put their differences aside or come to some mutual understanding like Waters and Gilmore did for the Pink Floyd book that came out a while back....... No one is ever going to know...... all we have is conflicting stories from, actually, mainly Slash because Axl rarely speaks on the subject!

Jonx

Slash is so wasted he cant tell where he was yesterday

You're talking about Slash 20 fuckin' years ago.

Actually the moron is in a divorce and in his last pics he looks like he is about to drop dead.

I want to personally thank Slash for coming on the air and taking on ALL the rumors head-on. Thanks to the mygnr.com guy that called and asked the question that we all been wanting to know which started my " Slash, Say it ain't so" Campaign. He DID NOT show up to Axl's house. I feel guilty as hell questioning Slash on this.

This interview proved that

Axl is the liar. Axl does need his old band. Why the hell do you think that when reunion rumors were circulating, he NEVER shot them down until the last minute. Instead, he used them to promote the upcoming shows. :rolleyes: Axl is so full of BS it's not even funny.

I know ignoramous's like A_D is going to say, "How do you know Slash ain't lying?". This is why I believe Slash. He went on the air to answer ANY questions, to take on any rumor head-on, and squash them all. He didn't have stipulations like that red headed singer. He didn't dodge any questions like the red headed one did on the Trunk show. "Can you tell us why the tour ended early?" "No, I'm not gonna talk about it."

Everybody here has this idea, that the band members check these forums on a daily basis. So people like A_D puts on a bit of a show when he posts thinking that Axl is gonna read his post and earn his respect. :rolleyes: These are the one's who sound like fucking idiots when they call in the show. "Hi, who's this??"

"This is Moosehead."(or whatever the fuck his name was.)

"Moosehead???"

"Yeah, this is Moosehead from the forum."

You idiot, they didn't know who you are!!!! They have lives, you don't.!!!! :fuckyou:

Point is, there is NO defending Axl in this. He's a liar, and just when I started to gain a little more respect for him as of late. It's GONE!!!!!!! :fuckyou:

Uhh, it was never confirmed that Axl made that statement. There were several press releases. Some with it, some without. And how do we know Slash is telling the truth? Nice try though.

Edited by Mr_Sparkle

-darknemus

But Axl did say in RS-interview that he hasn't spoken with Slash in ten years so the bottomline is right, Axl did lie.

For the record, I don't hate Axl or really anyone from GNR ver 2.0 :)

Edited by Wando

One quick point about the press release where it mentions Slash going to Axl's house.

I know this is mincing words - but its a typical legal tactic, so I suppose it'll qualify. Technically speaking, the statement never said "Slash spoke to Axl" - it said "Slash went by Axl's house and said these things". For all we know, the guy said them into the Intercom system. We don't have any sort of confirmation that Slash actually got a dialogue going with Axl. Again, that's even if this house visit ever took place.

-darknemus

One quick point about the press release where it mentions Slash going to Axl's house.

I know this is mincing words - but its a typical legal tactic, so I suppose it'll qualify. Technically speaking, the statement never said "Slash spoke to Axl" - it said "Slash went by Axl's house and said these things". For all we know, the guy said them into the Intercom system. We don't have any sort of confirmation that Slash actually got a dialogue going with Axl. Again, that's even if this house visit ever took place.

-darknemus

I was about to say that but using shorter words

Was this before or after you found out that it was actually Keith Richards who was saying that?

Well, they had already pretty much covered all of those rumours some people here pushed even more. So there was no more need to call on about nothingness.

Like that smart guy who was told in advance, No GNR Questions. What does he do? He pulls a MYGNRFORUM move, after people mentioning not to blow up those rumor speculations people did maybe 20 to 30 Topics a Week.

I laughed about it. Serves people right.

Hahaha. Darknemus.

I like that name you have given him "The Red headed one".

That sounds like any other night when a guy gets too lonely.

:P

Last but not least, you want to know who to believe?

Here is a nice hint ....

Lets get a real life, not focus on the little things anymore.

All I have to say is, Quit your Bullshitting. If you are going to spread rumors, back them up in person. I have other things to say, they are not worth it. Specially to "fictional" characters that dwell through the net.

Alas, Best of luck to everyone.

-darknemus

Hope you don't pull a muscle while you are reaching that far. :rolleyes:

close down this topic!

Why ? Does the truth hurt you that much ?

Slash and Axl have different versions. One of them is lying.

Axl's comments sounded unbelievable from day one.

Can you get Slash's balls out of your mouth, I can't hear you with your mouth full boy.

You're talking about Slash 20 fuckin' years ago.

Actually the moron is in a divorce and in his last pics he looks like he is about to drop dead.

Slash hasn't changed much in 20 years then. Still dumping the booze down maybe even more now. If he don't slow down soon he won't only look dead he will be dead. He's lucky to remember his real name is Saul let alone where he was one particular night.