We KNOW now that Axl is a liar.

Carne_asaDA

Facts:

1- VR needs Slash to survive.

2- GNR doesn't.

there is no proper GNR without slash and the original members. its axl rose with a backing band.

Piss off, you give newbies an even worse reputation than they already have.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing I don't get is, what was Axl's original press statement supposed to accomplish?

It announced Axl was counter-suing them. Fine, but then it goes off on a tangent talking about what Slash supposedly did and said at Axl's house, some night. And for what? to drive a wedge between Slash and his band? to leave him band-less and make him go back to GNR only for Axl to slam the door in his face?

go ahead, take shots at Scott, because you can't take shots at Slash for proving Axl a liar.

Slash said that he hasn't seen Axl for years......but he never denied he showed up at his house!

Who's the FRAUD NOW?!

Slash fans are so dumb!

:rofl-lol:

Edited by thomase

there is no proper GNR without slash and the original members. its axl rose with a backing band.

I'd say there were about 3700 people in the Hammerstein Friday night who disagreed with you. As a pretty damn major fan of the 'original line-up' I can honestly say I didn't miss them a bit Friday. In fact, for those two+ hours, my question wasn't "where's Slash" but instead "Where are true studio recordings with this bunch? Because damn they're good"

-darknemus

come on - it's not as if Slash is media-shy. Slash aggressively seeks out more publicity for himself than just about any other rocker out there. Yet - he's been silent about this for months.

But this media seeking only happens if he's playing somewhere, or if he's got an album out... Neither of which was the case this time.

The thing I don't get is, what was Axl's original press statement supposed to accomplish?

It announced Axl was counter-suing them. Fine, but then it goes off on a tangent talking about what Slash supposedly did and said at Axl's house, some night. And for what? to drive a wedge between Slash and his band? to leave him band-less and make him go back to GNR only for Axl to slam the door in his face?

Maybe a drunk Slash agreed to go back to GnR but then sober Slash thought twice?

Maybe it never happened and Axl is lying?

Maybe Slash is lying?

Maybe Axls people got ahead of themselves and had it printed without consent from the big man?

We will never know the truth just what we want to except as the truth, i choose to believe there is some truth to Axls statement simply because when it came out Slash stayed quiet, like Maddy says why wait till yesterday to clear the air and go public?

I'd say there were about 3700 people in the Hammerstein Friday night who disagreed with you. As a pretty damn major fan of the 'original line-up' I can honestly say I didn't miss them a bit Friday. In fact, for those two+ hours, my question wasn't "where's Slash" but instead "Where are true studio recordings with this bunch? Because damn they're good"

-darknemus

Maybe they're good, but they are not GNR.

-darknemus

I beleive you that they rocked.. New GN'R is a awesome band.. But it is not Guns N' Roses.

Bumblefoot pics anyone ?

:laugh: Nice one :D Though I like BBF ^_^

-darknemus

rock3 Damn straight

EDIT: Original GNR, your username says it all and your username will also gain you no respect definately not from me anyway.

-darknemus

exactly. they could be the most talented musicians in the world. but they are not GNR. those band members on stage the other night were not the people who composed, wrote and came up with the GNR songs that they are playing. they are REPLICATING the sound and music of the original GNR. axl is there, so it should just be under the name axl rose.

Facts:

2- GNR doesn't.

Lets wait for CD to be realised, then you'll see a great backing band and all its fans having a great time!

rock3

-darknemus

exactly. they could be the most talented musicians in the world. but they are not GNR. those band members on stage the other night were not the people who composed, wrote and came up with the GNR songs that they are playing. they are REPLICATING the sound and music of the original GNR. axl is there, so it should just be under the name axl rose.

Like it or not they are GnR - you will have a long time to get used to it ;)

Not trying to fuel this but no matter how you cut they are GnR ( just maybe not your version ) but they are my version ;)

Amazing. One of our favorite guitarists gives an interview, Axl gives and interview, both VR and GnR have albums coming around the corner, and we see that the two musicians are not gettting back together (just to clear the air), and it inspires a fight about who's lying and whether Scott Weiland is gay (which is idiotic in and of itself),and whether Axl's washed up, and whether VR is any good. People grow up and listen to the music, it's good.

And, oh yeah, there was a GnR concert recently, too, I think

Edited by eschman

-darknemus

rock3 Damn straight

EDIT: Original GNR, your username says it all and your username will also gain you no respect definately not from me anyway.

you show that newbie whos boss!! rock3

To those of you saying "They're not GNR".. You're right, they're not. Well not GNR Version 1.0, anyway. This is the newly evolved entity known as GNR. And, in my opinion, this band is "Better" than the old one - at least in terms of performance antics / stage presence.. thats my opinion, though - and yes, I've actually seen both lineups live.

Also, it tends to help a performance when most of the members aren't fucked up out of their minds on stage..

-darknemus

-darknemus

Of course they are fucking Guns N' Roses you fucking cock, just because Izzy, Slash and Duff decided to leave doesn't make them not Guns N' Roses. They left to do their own thing, you might as well say Velvet Revolver are not Velvet Revolver because they are made up of the majority of ex GN'R band members.

EDIT: Listen to darknemus because he makes more sense than most on this forum.

Edited by Mama Kin

Facts:

2- GNR doesn't.

Lets wait for CD to be realised, then you'll see a great backing band and all its fans having a great time!

rock3

im not denying for one second that they arent a great backing band. they coulb be the greatest backing band of all time, but they arent GNR. when the new cd is released it shouldnt be by 'Guns N Roses' it should be by Axl Rose.

You dont see Brian Wilson from the beach boys touring under the beach boys name. he tours as brian wilson and still plays beach boys songs. thats what axl should do.

i think some of you slash haters out there need to realise something. Slash and the rest of the original band, especially duff and izzy, were part of what made guns n roses so famous and so good, along with axl. most people these days associate the name guns n roses with axl, slash, izzy and duff...not just axl alone. in ten years time, go and ask people who the members of guns n roses were and they will say axl, slash, izzy and duff...not some freak with a white mask and kfc bucket on his head, not some random people called fink, stinson and bubblefoot replicating the music and sound of another band.

who came up with this classic riffs that made guns so popular? slash.

im in no way saying axl shouldnt go on tour singing old gnr songs, he has every right to, he wrote most of the songs. but calling the band gnr is crazy. it should just be called axl rose (with his session players).

when mark knopfler from dire straits went solo he didnt call himself dire straits. if u2 broke up and bono went solo, he wouldnt call himself u2. when john bonham from led zeppelin died, robert plant, jimmy page and john paul jones didnt call themselves led zeppelin. they were simply plant, page and jones. and if the whole band went and only robert plant was left, he wouldnt tour under the name led zeppelin.

slash was an iconic part of guns n roses, aswell as the other band members. together they all made what guns n roses were. without them it cant be called guns n roses. chinese democracy should be by axl rose, not guns n roses. some of you axl ass-lickers will kill me for saying this, but im pretty sure most of the general public and a lot of old skool gnr fans will agree with me.

I perfectly agree with this one!

And you know what?

Axl didn't release any record yet because he deosn't feel confindent about it without the original members!

And you know what all u SLASH haters?

I wonder why u're GnR fanses since all GnR material since now is BY SLASH!

All the songs u sing along and get crazy for are by SLASH

All the riffs that make u jump and the solos that make you cry are from SLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SLASH and Axl together could be considered GnR Axl alone is only Axl Rose, that is a lot anyway but it's not GnR...he misses the guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-darknemus

Of course they are fucking Guns N' Roses you fucking cock, just because Izzy, Slash and Duff decided to leave doesn't make them not Guns N' Roses. They left to do their own thing, you might as well say Velvet Revolver are not Velvet Revolver because they are made up of the majority of ex GN'R band members.

EDIT: Listen to darknemus because he makes more sense than most on this forum.

your comment about velvet revolver made no fucking sense. ok, if slash, duff and matt called themselves guns n roses and toured under that name, playing guns n roses songs what would you do? you'd fucking cry your eyes out.

i think some of you slash haters out there need to realise something. Slash and the rest of the original band, especially duff and izzy, were part of what made guns n roses so famous and so good, along with axl. most people these days associate the name guns n roses with axl, slash, izzy and duff...not just axl alone. in ten years time, go and ask people who the members of guns n roses were and they will say axl, slash, izzy and duff...not some freak with a white mask and kfc bucket on his head, not some random people called fink, stinson and bubblefoot replicating the music and sound of another band.

im in no way saying axl shouldnt go on tour singing old gnr songs, he has every right to, he wrote most of the songs. but calling the band gnr is crazy. it should just be called axl rose (with his session players).

when mark knopfler from dire straits went solo he didnt call himself dire straits. if u2 broke up and bono went solo, he wouldnt call himself u2. when john bonham from led zeppelin died, robert plant, jimmy page and john paul jones didnt call themselves led zeppelin. they were simply plant, page and jones. and if the whole band went and only robert plant was left, he wouldnt tour under the name led zeppelin.

slash was an iconic part of guns n roses, aswell as the other band members. together they all made what guns n roses were. without them it cant be called guns n roses. chinese democracy should be by axl rose, not guns n roses. some of you axl ass-lickers will kill me for saying this, but im pretty sure most of the general public and a lot of old skool gnr fans will agree with me.

And you know what?

Axl didn't release any record yet because he deosn't feel confindent about it without the original members!

All the riffs that make u jump and the solos that make you cry are from SLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SLASH and Axl together could be considered GnR Axl alone is only Axl Rose, that is a lot anyway but it's not GnR...he misses the guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah because Slash was an amazing talented song writer wasn't he? :rolleyes:

And you know what?

and you are certain of this because.........