Axl's attitude toward fans

madison

You guys sound like you want Axl to run for office. He's a rockstar not a politician. His job duties require him to make kick ass music, Rock like a Crazy Mofo on stage, Fight other celebrities, Drink Red Bull and Vodka, and fuck supermodels. Faking interest in the fans and kissing babies is not in his job description.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys sound like you want Axl to run for office. He's a rockstar not a politician. His job duties require him to make kick ass music, Rock like a Crazy Mofo on stage, Fight other celebrities, Drink Red Bull and Vodka, and fuck supermodels. Faking interest in the fans and kissing babies is not in his job description.

We're not talking about duties ... it's just about being nice and respectfull...but maybe nobody did teach it to him!

Guest RonMexico82

Well would all the people who shook his hand in the recent pics say that he was an ignorant cunt. NO. Axl is like everybody else, sometimes he just doesn't want the hassle cos he is pissed off about something. When you are as big a star as Axl would you want to hang around crowds of strangers when there is always the chance that you could end up like John Lennon or Dimebag? Fuck no I would be looking over my shoulder constantly.

Shit even Tommy Hilfiger had a go off him. :P

I think you people forget one thing: Axl Rose is not a meadow full of daisies and dandelions.

Why are people crying over this? If I saw Axl Rose in person, I'd shit my pants, but I'd never expect him to say hey to me if I said it to him. It's nice that forum posters think it's rude that he doesn't say hi, but even accounts where Axl's had his picture taken with other people have explained that Axl was incredibly nice about it. A few people complain about Axl not saying hey and all of a sudden he's the meanest guy around again. Please.

I think you people forget one thing: Axl Rose is not a meadow full of daisies and dandelions.

Why are people crying over this? If I saw Axl Rose in person, I'd shit my pants, but I'd never expect him to say hey to me if I said it to him. It's nice that forum posters think it's rude that he doesn't say hi, but even accounts where Axl's had his picture taken with other people have explained that Axl was incredibly nice about it. A few people complain about Axl not saying hey and all of a sudden he's the meanest guy around again. Please.

excactly. axl can never win with some people, like the fight with hilfagger, people used to complain about how axl should calm down and now that he handles things like the bigger man that he is he is too weak all of a sudden. fuck, some of you people are never satisfied.

then how come everyone who meets him always say how sweet and down to earth and nice he is? fuck you, hater. you don't mean anything.

Did you read what I said fuckface? As I explained, people with mental issues deal with situations differently based on how comfortable they feel in the given situation. Most of the time he's probably as normal as can be but if he feels certain pressures or things around him aren't sitting right for him he can behave differently. As I explained I have similar problems. Most people who know me find me to be laid back, curtious and genuine but you catch me when I'm not quite right and I can be an ass. We're all moody but when you deal with things like social anxiety it can affect your behavior much more than a general bad mood can. I tried to explain at the beginning of my post that I was not bashing Axl, and that I am a fan but no, I knew it wouldn't be enough to convnice fuckhead's like you.

then how come everyone who meets him always say how sweet and down to earth and nice he is? fuck you, hater. you don't mean anything.

Did you read what I said fuckface? As I explained, people with mental issues deal with situations differently based on how comfortable they feel in the given situation. Most of the time he's probably as normal as can be but if he feels certain pressures or things around him aren't sitting right for him he can behave differently. As I explained I have similar problems. Most people who know me find me to be laid back, curtious and genuine but you catch me when I'm not quite right and I can be an ass. We're all moody but when you deal with things like social anxiety it can affect your behavior much more than a general bad mood can. I tried to explain at the beginning of my post that I was not bashing Axl, and that I am a fan but no, I knew it wouldn't be enough to convnice fuckhead's like you.

I understand. You make since. You sound like me.

you sound like a phscoloist or something, nice post

The way Axl is with his fans is a direct result of the way he's been treated by everybody since he has become famous. Everybody in his public and private life treats him like he is God. They walk on eggshells when he's around, praying that everything will please him and buy them his attention and when he is not around they hold their breath waiting for his next move. Noone, not even his friends and collaborators would ever risk upsetting him by giving him a piece of their true minds...Promoters, record companies and the fans keep on ignoring his mistakes pretending like they never happened and so he is never forced to face the consiquences of his actions.

If any other artist would pool half of the crap Axl has polled, especially in the past 13 years,they would never be taken seriously again and for sure they would be deserted by their fans.

Instead, we keep on making all sorts of plausible excuses to justify his actions. When he's rude and he ignores the fans, oh well, he must be shy, suffer from a social phobia or wathever else and the few times he actually acts normally are seen as incredible acts of kindness that overshadow any previous negligence on his part.

I truly believe everyone should stop enabling his trip and give him a fair reality check but simply treating him like anyone else...

Something to think about?

The way Axl is with his fans is a direct result of the way he's been treated by everybody since he has become famous. Everybody in his public and private life treats him like he is God. They walk on eggshells when he's around, praying that everything will please him and buy them his attention and when he is not around they hold their breath waiting for his next move. Noone, not even his friends and collaborators would ever risk upsetting him by giving him a piece of their true minds...Promoters, record companies and the fans keep on ignoring his mistakes pretending like they never happened and so he is never forced to face the consiquences of his actions.

If any other artist would pool half of the crap Axl has polled, especially in the past 13 years,they would never be taken seriously again and for sure they would be deserted by their fans.

Instead, we keep on making all sorts of plausible excuses to justify his actions. When he's rude and he ignores the fans, oh well, he must be shy, suffer from a social phobia or wathever else and the few times he actually acts normally are seen as incredible acts of kindness that overshadow any previous negligence on his part.

I truly believe everyone should stop enabling his trip and give him a fair reality check but simply treating him like anyone else...

Something to think about?

AMEN! nothing on here makes more sense that that. Always making excuses for rudeness.

I see your point, it is rude. But just think if Axl stopped everytime someone recognised him, it would be more than a "hello" he would have to repeat the same answers to the same questions again and again. I say leave him alone, you wouldn't want to be constantly perstered by fans would you?

rock4

This argument would go on forever..he doesnt mind being pestered when he has to count all the money fans give in their support of him. I believe earlier it was stated a nod, or wave is all anyone would like, but dont act as though your fans dont exist. and this is all i will comment on this post... :laugh:

This argument would go on forever..he doesnt mind being pestered when he has to count all the money fans give in their support of him. I believe earlier it was stated a nod, or wave is all anyone would like, but dont act as though your fans dont exist. and this is all i will comment on this post... :laugh:

Fans don't give him money "In support of him", they buy a product. That $15 was for a cd, that $100 was for a concert, that $20 was for a T Shirt. The argument that he makes money off his fans and therefore owes us something is ridiculous. However, if he wants fans to continue buying his product, he would do well to be fan friendly. The issue of Barry Bonds comes to mind. He can't get endorsement deals, though he is one of the most well known american atheletes, and one of the best baseball players in the world, because he is a prick.

All that said, the original poster overreacted. Axl doesn't have to be "on stage" 100% of the time.

There is some truth in each of these considerations...Nevertheless, it doesn't take much to acknowledge your fans in whatever way you feel comfortable. And Axl does that at times and it means the world to us fans. I don't think anybody really expects him to do so in the streets, in everyday life, but at least at his own concerts, where he has better control on the scenario and the security is always nearby...

There is such a magic involved in giving from the heart to others, even just in the form of a moment of consideration. The reward is priceless, it never fails to teach everyone involved something valuable about the world and about oneself...Com'on, if you have ever done any givin in your life you know what I'm talking about...

Axl rocks, always! Still, his shit stinks just like ours...TRUE?

I've been reading a number of posts on different GNR forums about people's experiences when they saw Axl either outside the venue (on his way out) or at backstage parties, and was surprised to hear how unfriendly he seemed to some of them.

For example, a number of fans have talked about waiting outside the venue doors for an autograph - and how all the band members - except Axl - had no trouble stopping - even for a couple of minutes to sign an autograph and say "hello." Yet, every account said Axl just pushed his way past them to get to his car without so much as a wave to the fans who were waiting for him. Not cool. In another instance, a guy at htgth talked about simply saying "hello" to Axl at a backstage party, and how Axl didn't even acknowledge him. I mean - really - how tough is it to say "hello" back to a fan?

I would have expected this from him - say - 15 years ago when GNR was on top of the world, and he could be as rude as he wanted to people. But that was then - and this is now, and I guess I'm surprised that he isn't a bit more humbled and - dare I say - respectful toward the diehard fans who have stuck with him all these years.

Anyway, just wondering what people think of this.

well we are the fans, we are the ones who make him money, with out us he is dust... i love guns n roses, but axl gets on my nerves, he is a great guy on stage but off stage i think he is a arrogent self centred prick. Like you said, the others stopped for the fan but axl keeps walking ignoring the very people who give him his income. he needs to be slapped :xmasssanta:

I've been reading a number of posts on different GNR forums about people's experiences when they saw Axl either outside the venue (on his way out) or at backstage parties, and was surprised to hear how unfriendly he seemed to some of them.

For example, a number of fans have talked about waiting outside the venue doors for an autograph - and how all the band members - except Axl - had no trouble stopping - even for a couple of minutes to sign an autograph and say "hello." Yet, every account said Axl just pushed his way past them to get to his car without so much as a wave to the fans who were waiting for him. Not cool. In another instance, a guy at htgth talked about simply saying "hello" to Axl at a backstage party, and how Axl didn't even acknowledge him. I mean - really - how tough is it to say "hello" back to a fan?

I would have expected this from him - say - 15 years ago when GNR was on top of the world, and he could be as rude as he wanted to people. But that was then - and this is now, and I guess I'm surprised that he isn't a bit more humbled and - dare I say - respectful toward the diehard fans who have stuck with him all these years.

well we are the fans, we are the ones who make him money, with out us he is dust... i love guns n roses, but axl gets on my nerves, he is a great guy on stage but off stage i think he is a arrogent self centred prick. Like you said, the others stopped for the fan but axl keeps walking ignoring the very people who give him his income. he needs to be slapped :xmasssanta:

No Axl doesnt need too be slapped. Mayble kissed.

l am the same .l mean lf l see axl at the mall or in a restaurant l would piss my panties.. :drevil::tongue2: of course l want him to say to me .. hey sweet heart!!!! but l know that will never happen(unless he is really drunk and in a good mood..and horny) :lol::lol: he is a rock star and l think he is nice with people close to him and he is more mature now l recently saw some pics behind the hammer ballroom and fans are talking to him and he seems to be nice,l mean what do we want ? a piece of axl for everyone and to goplease?that would be great lf l could take apiece of him home!!!

That's the way Axl is, and always will be.

I've always liked his attitude.

no one wants to own axl rose, its just common sense to be cordial to people that are cordial to you. axl likes for people to think hes a dickhead. i love his music, i love gnr but i also think hes a little shit. maybe that is part of his appeal, who knows?

I find very strange that madison posts this, because she always defends Axl... :monkey:

Anyway..., about Axl's attitude, If it was as some fans said, then he is an asshole..., I mean.. how much can cost you to say hello to the people that are loyal to you??

In my opinion Axl's attitude towards those fans sucked.

Finally I want to say that besides all the shows that we are going to have and the ones we had I'm still very impatient about the release of Chinese Democracy... for me the final goal is to have a new GNR disc... and I still don't have it..

I hope GNR can finally release that album..., If I'm given the chance to trade all the shows for CD i would do it with no doubt...

One question everyone here should try to answer is if they would aprove to have Slash back in the band and bumblefoot out...., In my opinion this thing about changing guitar players all the time makes me sick and kills all the chemistry that bands have when their members know each other for a long time..., but well that's another discussion..

I really hope we can have that FKN disc soon(<--I hate this word) in our hands

One question everyone here should try to answer is if they would aprove to have Slash back in the band and bumblefoot out...., In my opinion this thing about changing guitar players all the time makes me sick and kills all the chemistry that bands have when their members know each other for a long time..., but well that's another discussion..

I really hope we can have that FKN disc soon(<--I hate this word) in our hands

Curious to know who are "they" who u wonder if they'll approve to have SLASH back in the band...

If you think Bumblefoot already has the right chemistry with the band after 2 weeks then...welll they could change guitar players quite often without any damage..............

SLASH back would be the BLAST, SLASH back would finally and really giving GnR back !