Axl's attitude toward fans

madison

...Fernando? :huh:

I dont know who that is...but Ive read the security was bein' assholes..

Fernando is Beta's son.

He was at the shows, and I heard the same rumor that Alty did.

.. Ive read where a few people got kicked out..or something..

or they would of been kicked out if they diddnt hand over there cameras..

I also read they did some serious body searches..to see if you had anything on you before you went in..

Whats not fair..is the celebritys who got to go..were taken pictures like crazy..or so Ive heard..

J.Walker

True. There was a thread about this:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showto...71230&hl=camera

Guess there's one standard/attitude toward fickle "fair-weather" celebrity pals and another toward diehard fans. It's a shame.

Right. Because all these celebritys go online 20 minutes after the shows over, and post their pictures/audio/video.

You people are reading way too much into this. And its insulting.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madison you almost sound surprised. This is the same old Axl we've known for years. He's always been a prick to his fans....

For those that think big stars can't wave or be friendly to fans because of a mob you're wrong. Michael Jackson is a megastar that dwarfs Axl's celebrity, he's always fan friendly regardless of the mob...

There was a mob when Nicholas Cage was in San Francisco, I still was able to shake his hand and exchange a few words....

This is the same guy that ejects you or punches you out if you have a camera or wear a shirt that offends him...it's sad he hasn't become more open to his fans, they were single handedly responsible for making his comeback possible....

Edited by SylvesterStallone

... I think Madison should shut her mouth, and stop trying to perpetuate these images of Axl. :fuckyou:

Dude, I was surprised - shocked actually - when I read all of the posts on multiple GNR forums from fans about this, and this is the only reason I started this thread. I wanted to hear what fans thought of it.

I agree - the shows have been great! And the presales for diehard fans were awesome.

Madison you almost sound surprised. This is the same old Axl we've known for years. He's always been a prick to his fans....

Yes, but that was 15 years ago, when GNR was on top of the rock universe.

Today, he's trying to re-launch a comeback. So yes, I was surprised to read the posts.

After Monday's show, Bumblefoot was the only one that hung out and signed autographs/took pictures. Baz came out and talked for a few minutes, but really only signed autographs/took pics for the girls that were waiting. (He totally blew me off, and would have blown my friend off if he didn't basically shove his ticket in his hand for him to sign it.)

Axl came out, and yes he did get right in his SUV. My view was obstructed but the girl standing next to me said that he DID indeed wave to the fans from the window as he was leaving and did so the night before as well.

So, while he may not have been able to stop and sign for anyone, he did at least acknowledge the fans' existence. My friend Adam, who went with me, had a theory, and I think its pretty much the right idea: Axl doesn't know who's gonna be waiting for him outside - there's always a chance that someone can pull a Mark David Chapman on him. For his safety, its better if he gets right in his getaway vehicle, and waves as he's leaving. Doesn't mean he's a dick/unappreciative - he just doesn't have the time to sign for everyone (By the time he came out, there was a bit of crowd gathering - 25 people or so), and its safer for him to stay at a bit of a distance.

I know most of the guys hung out after the 19th, but again, only Bumblefoot hung with the crowd after Monday's show - that dude is one cool motherfucker! Even though he already talked to us, and honored our requests for pics/autographs - as he was leaving, he went to everyone, shook our hands AGAIN, and told us how much he appreciated us coming out and showing our support - and that he'd be nothing without us, that we make everything happen,etc.. He even had us give a round of applause to the crew as they were filing out. The guy is just a total class act and so unbelievable humble.

Edited by TheWildheart

That kinda doesn't make sense on the "who's waiting outback for Axl",cause the majority of the fans or people at the backdoor,are gonna be the ones who just attended the show.And those people have been patted down and cameras and phones taken away or told to be put away somewhere.So I don't buy that"who's waiting out back",cause if you can't get a camera or phone in,although some have lol.How the hell ya gonna get a gun or knife or whatever in?Unless Axl really can't fight or something,which I doubt. :rofl-lol:

Maybe he doesn't want to be hassled with reunion questions and shit.Sooner or later someone is bound to say something along the lines of......."This is great..........BUT it would be a hell of a lot better if the old guys could get back together".And knowing Axl,he would probably punch whoever would say it.And maybe Axl knows it would piss him off and he doesn't want to take the chances.

Who the fuck knows,it's Axl. :rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Maybe he is only nice to females with huge breasts?

Like I said, he did wave out of the window of the SUV as he left on Monday, and apparently on Sunday too. That's what the girl standing next to me said. He didn't blow the fans off completely, he had his own way of how he wanted to handle it. If he felt that waving while he was leaving was effective, more power to him - any acknowledgement works for me, and I'll take it. Its not like he pushed anyone out of the way..the crowd was respectful and kept their distance (on Monday anyway)- we all mainly just chanted "AXL! AXL!" as he came out.

That same girl showed me pics from her cell of the band from Sunday - when they all signed.

I wonder why they didn't want to hang out last night. Oh well, no big deal. It was a kickass show, and I was acknowledged by Fortus quite a few times during the night, and Bumble made the experience even more memorable by being cool as fuck.

meh if axl stopped for one autograph others would see and soon there would be hundreds. plus from what i've read everyone only talks to him when hes about to leave. he took loads of photos with people at airports and stuff but when your in new york theres more chance of having a que of about 50 people. plus from some of eddie trunks post about having no pictures it would seem that axl is abit fed up.

or maybe hes just an arrogant git. what ever floats your boat

axl rose HATES his fans

Sometimes I believe it.

I don't beleive it, Axl thanked his fans during the shows and he waved to his fans as he left. He can't please everyone. I know people were disapointed he never gave them an autograph or something but

Axl is not the kind who stands around signing autographs he never has been really, and I don't think it's going to change just because he needs to get peoples support cos his been out of the spotlight for so long.

For those that think big stars can't wave or be friendly to fans because of a mob you're wrong. Michael Jackson is a megastar that dwarfs Axl's celebrity, he's always fan friendly regardless of the mob...

There was a mob when Nicholas Cage was in San Francisco, I still was able to shake his hand and exchange a few words....

This is the same guy that ejects you or punches you out if you have a camera or wear a shirt that offends him...it's sad he hasn't become more open to his fans, they were single handedly responsible for making his comeback possible....

As well as I've never heard of SLASH ignoring fans!

Oh he is SO SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He talks and answer and smiles and takes pics and signs everything!

He did such a cool drawing on my guitar! (so good at drawing!)

If axl would ignored me i would ignored him and he would be pissed of.."oh i tried to talk to that fan and he dident even batter do wave at me or anything"

So funny!

I guess Axl is his way and we're not gonna change him.................we have to love him as he is!

axl rose HATES his fans

Didn't Axl do a whole rant on Curt Cobain not liking the people he was making his music for, using it pretty much as an attack against Nirvana and alternative music?

He has seemed pretty generous, taking pictures with fans, in the months leading up to the concert. Without his generosity, we would not have had all those myspace pictures, and the pictures from the clubs.

axl rose HATES his fans

Sometimes I believe it.

I don't beleive it, Axl thanked his fans during the shows and he waved to his fans as he left. He can't please everyone. I know people were disapointed he never gave them an autograph or something but

Axl is not the kind who stands around signing autographs he never has been really, and I don't think it's going to change just because he needs to get peoples support cos his been out of the spotlight for so long.

If I was waiting at the back of the venue I wouldn't even ask Axl for a picture or an autograph. Just him knowing that I support him would be good enough.

I was reading some people's stories at HTGTH about being backstage at one of the NY gigs. The guy said Axl walked by so he said "He man,killer show" and Axl didn't give it a thought,just kept going. What's wrong with looking at the guy and saying a simple thank you?

I think Axl could take a page from his pal Sebastian Bach - who has a reputation for being extremely friendly to fans who say "hello" - at least according to all of the posts I've read. And Baz is considered cool - so it's not as if Axl wouldn't be considered cool if he dropped the rude attitude.

I don't think he's pulling any rude attitude.. he's being him, he's got that personality and I wouldn't want him to change who he is just to please the fans.. Bas is Bas and he's more outgoing and friendly, Axl is Axl and I don't want him to be like Bas, or anyone for that instance, we all love Axl for who he is :)

I'd like to think 4 warm-up shows in NYC are enough for fan appreciation. And it sounds like Axl put on one hell of a show. Hes a performer, not a fucking politician.

I really could care less how many autographs he signed, just as long as hes putting on a good show, and making albums.

I think Madison should shut her mouth, and stop trying to perpetuate these images of Axl. :fuckyou:

So you want people to stop telling the truth because the truth makes poor Axl look bad? The truth is that Axl does all this shit to himself. He's the only one responsible for his actions and behavior. He's not a savior, he's a slightly crazy human being that doesn't relate to people at all. His reputation is well earned...don't make excuses for him.

Madison, I applaud you for being strong enough to support Axl, yet still see him for what he is.