Anyone else think Frank is better than Brain?

buzzkillz

Give the guy a break. I was really impressed with Frank when I saw him in both shows I attended. He nailed the YCBM intro and was flawless right through both shows. Unlike Brain, who often made mistakes when he first started out in the band. Overall though, I think Brain is a better drummer.....

LA

Frank is an awesome drummer and nailed every song at the show i went to. But, i think Brain is a better all round drummer and is probably a lot more creative, the dude is like the Buckethead of drums (can take any style you want and make something amazing happen!)

I like em both but Brain is the guy for the full time job.

Peace :krider:

I don`t know much of either one,what they`ve done before Gn`r,which one is better.Frank was good at the shows i saw so i wouldn`t mind if he stayed.

Edited by J.T

from a drummers point of view Brain isnt that goof compared to many drummers out there and i presonally believe franks is more talented, but underestimated i think he is better than brain as i dont really like Brain anyway but personally i believe frank is better and i am not just being one sided

Brain is better if you talk about pure technic. And he's way better when it comes to groove and funk. Frank hit harder tho. Which is actually very important when you're gonna play hardrock.

But still.. Brain's my fav drummer of all time so the choice is easy.

Edited by evil_l

To be honest when you've got two drummers who you don't mind being in the band, you know what? Who gives a fuck about the drummer. Can he play? Throw him in there!!! I think Axl's got a good drummer in Brain and I dig his honesty. I mean it's the funnest band ever. 4 guitarists if you count Izzy an extra singer who is basically Axl's dopplegannger ( seen that movie? Drew Barrymoore has a nice rack). I could definitley see a GNR band with Bach as the lead singer, it's probably only luck that Slash didn't team up with Bach in the first place. I'd like to see Adler grace the stage with Axl, that would be so funny. Maybe that's why they dont play Civil War, cos it's fuckin' Stevie's materpiece.

"Guns N Roses - the band with more drummers than Spinal Tap"

To be honest when you've got two drummers who you don't mind being in the band, you know what? Who gives a fuck about the drummer. Can he play? Throw him in there!!! I think Axl's got a good drummer in Brain and I dig his honesty. I mean it's the funnest band ever. 4 guitarists if you count Izzy an extra singer who is basically Axl's dopplegannger ( seen that movie? Drew Barrymoore has a nice rack). I could definitley see a GNR band with Bach as the lead singer, it's probably only luck that Slash didn't team up with Bach in the first place. I'd like to see Adler grace the stage with Axl, that would be so funny. Maybe that's why they dont play Civil War, cos it's fuckin' Stevie's materpiece.

nigel.jpg

"Totally agree, mate." - Nigel

brain mantic iant as good as you think! if those of you who understood dynamics and drum technique wud already know! all i can say is listen to any live version of november rain in this tour or the last with brain on drums, the sound of his kit is cack, also hav u ever noticed the in ear he uses?! (dont think this is to follow 3 guitarists because the drummer listens to the bass player first and foremost and i reckon its a metronome and the sounds of pittman, have u ever seen matt sorum use a metronome?!!!! , OK its needed in the new songs, but its not needed in the old.

here's a list of Spinal Tap's drummers over the years:

Drummers

John "Stumpy" Pepys (1964-1969) Died in a bizarre gardening accident

Eric "Stumpy Joe" Childs (1969-1974) Choked on vomit (possibly not his own)

Peter "James" Bond (1974-1977) Spontaneous combustion

Mick Shrimpton (1977-1982) Onstage explosion

Joe "Mama" Besser (1982) Missing, presumed dead or playing jazz

Richard "Ric" Shrimpton (1992-1999) Allegedly sold his dialysis machine for drugs, presumed dead

Plus 14 other drummers at various times of whom all are dead

brain mantic iant as good as you think! if those of you who understood dynamics and drum technique wud already know! all i can say is listen to any live version of november rain in this tour or the last with brain on drums, the sound of his kit is cack, also hav u ever noticed the in ear he uses?! (dont think this is to follow 3 guitarists because the drummer listens to the bass player first and foremost and i reckon its a metronome and the sounds of pittman, have u ever seen matt sorum use a metronome?!!!! , OK its needed in the new songs, but its not needed in the old.

OR... it's because they've got some canned shit, like backing vocals or something. that requires a "click track".

Edited by artfromtex

a click track is a metronome, and im talking about his general technique and kit set-up in that song, not the in-ears.

i was at billy joel saturday night and his drummer was awesome., mainly for his dynamics wit the symbols his constant, perfect fills. why cant GnRs road crew have a drum sound similiar (difference in music would mean a higher snare and crash in the mix). it wudnt take much. the drummers kit wasnt triggered either.

I don't think many drummers are better than Brain... He is just a God on the drums to me.

But Frank was fucking brilliant on the drums.... I wasn't expecting much from him but he nailed everything... He is now my second fave drummer :P

Agreed! Frank really nailed the shows I saw and he really has a lot of energy but Brain is still great! Personally I wouldnt mind even if Frank would stay.

They're both cooler and better than matt anyways.

Are you going to cry to the mods again if people now choose to defend Matt in this thread?

Bobby, if you want to talk about Matt Sorum, go to the Velvet Revolver section! Hater! :rofl-lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry AD - but this was great...

They're both cooler and better than matt anyways.

Are you going to cry to the mods again if people now choose to defend Matt in this thread?

Bobby, if you want to talk about Matt Sorum, go to the Velvet Revolver section! Hater! :rofl-lol:

hasn't the bob thing gotten old yet? :rolleyes: Thats not my real name.

I was simply comparing these guys to the guy they replaced. I think you have the definition of the word hater mixed up.

Anyways, I hope Brain comes back for the US tour. If he doens't, I'm sure Frank can do the job.

They should get an italian drummer. So they can cover Bruce Dickinson's song I'm In A Band With An Italian Drummer. rock1

But seriously, I haven't heard Frank, and I'm not too fond of Brain, so I say drop Brain and pick up someone else.