There Was A Time Better than NR?

wasted

TWAT is garbage. November Rain shits all over it, then throws it on the ground, spits on it, pisses on it, gets in a truck and runs it over, then puts it in reverse for good measure. Then it gets out of the truck, douses it in gasoline and lights it on fire.

The first few minutes minutes of TWAT are Axl singing over an outdated hip hop drumbeat - seriously Axl, the *BOOM BOOM CLAP* crap hasn't been used in hip hop or any other form of music in about a decade. Then you get the completely awkward and out of place sounding chorus, that is just beyond awful. The lyrics to the song are actually pretty good, but the music accompanying them is horrible.

The solo is decent at best, definitely the best part of the song, but that's not saying much. Someone earlier said it perfectly when he said all the solo really is, is Buckethead repeating Axl's vocal melody.

To even compare the song to the epics of the past is laughable.

Edited by OTHAFA

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a moot point anyway, mainstream music fans don't want to hear 7-8 minute epics anymore, radio doesn't want to play them, and MTV and VH1 don't want to show videos that are that long (not that they show videos at all anymore).

They're fine for the album but not as singles.

Edited by OTHAFA

The studio version will iron out those clap boom things. Well, all I can say is that if you put Nov Rain and TWAT on a loop on yr player, you'll being singing TWAT all day when your bored of Nov Rain after the first few verses. TWAT is a much better crafted song.

The studio version will iron out those clap boom things. Well, all I can say is that if you put Nov Rain and TWAT on a loop on yr player, you'll being singing TWAT all day when your bored of Nov Rain after the first few verses. TWAT is a much better crafted song.

No, you won't. At least someone who appreciates brilliant guitar playing won't.

If I wanted something to sing along to I'd just put on The Blues - TWAT doesn't stack up to November Rain in any area - not in lyrics, not in bass, not in solos, nothing.

What makes you think the 'studio version' will be any different in terms of quality? The leaks are more-or-less a finished product in terms of sound quality. But you're expecting them to be alot better than they already are...

November Rain sounds cheesy. The solo is agonising. I prefer Estranged it's darker and takes you on a journey, where NR just moves from one cheesey lyric to another over long solo. They definitley did too much coco powder with this one.

What makes you think the 'studio version' will be any different in terms of quality? The leaks are more-or-less a finished product in terms of sound quality. But you're expecting them to be alot better than they already are...

People still think Brain is a drum machine. Poor Brain. :(

I find it hard to really talk up November Rain as a song. Axl's vocals and lyrics over that piano line could have made for a beautiful song, but unfortunately he decided to make it 9 minutes long and full of synthesized string arrangements, gay backing vocals & endless guitar solos.

But it's still better than TWAT.

Ok. I just put Nov Rain.

Hyper cheesey intro. Then cue the pan pipes!!!

First line - you can't get more cliched.

Then uve got those plodding drums and chucky strings.

Those sighs in the back ground are so over the top.

We're 3 minutes nothing happening.

Wait for it...the up swing whooohooo.

Cue solo #1, and those lead drums. And on and on it goes.

The main thing is that it's going nowhere. It's just sitting around waiting to get fucked then Slash breaks out another solo. Then some more sighing.

A bit more dramatic strings.

Bascially it's gone nowhere. So cut to different section dum dum dum dum dum another solo. Axl's in pain by this point, and so am I, you can hear him wailing in background.

The end. My capsule review - cheesey rubbish.

Now here's The Garden this is much better...If you're lost no one can show you.

Ok. I just put Nov Rain.

Hyper cheesey intro. Then cue the pan pipes!!!

First line - you can't get more cliched.

Then uve got those plodding drums and chucky strings.

Those sighs in the back ground are so over the top.

We're 3 minutes nothing happening.

Wait for it...the up swing whooohooo.

Cue solo #1, and those lead drums. And on and on it goes.

The main thing is that it's going nowhere. It's just sitting around waiting to get fucked then Slash breaks out another solo. Then some more sighing.

A bit more dramatic strings.

Bascially it's gone nowhere. So cut to different section dum dum dum dum dum another solo. Axl's in pain by this point, and so am I, you can hear him wailing in background.

The end. My capsule review - cheesey rubbish.

Now here's The Garden this is much better...If you're lost no one can show you.

im not saying the garden is better but i agree with what you are saying

its a different style of music, and some people might prefer this industrial stuff over the old skool stuff, i dont but i still love the new gnr music.

There is NOTHING industrial about TWAT. In fact there's barely any industrial influences on any of the new tracks. Axl's obviously over that fad.

TWAT analysis

Ok tight intro

"Broken glass and cigarettes" - bad ass lyrics.

Perfect blending of hip hop beats and a solo effect.

It's already taking off and Axl's are weaving out the story so well.

By the second break we are ready for the first solo and that cool acoustic background strumming.

This is a proper song, the solos take the song forward.

Cue the uplifting Chorus.

There was a time

Didin't want to know it all

Yeah there was a time

Didnt want to know it all

still don't dont wanna know it all"

Kick ass.

The song is really kicking ass now. Axl has stepped it up, cue solo coda.

Solo is going epic as Axl is really nailing this shit, now theres choir coming in.

Outro mimics intro. Total classic.

No gay sighing or wanky guitar solos all in under 6 minutes. Felt like 3 minutes. Whereas Nov Rain comes in 10 minutes and has no good lyrics or solos and doesnt build up, just wanders around and then changes its mind.

Edited by wasted

I'm sure if you've just done a big fat line Nov Rain is fine. And it's not that the solos are "wanky" as much as they seem to be used to pad out the song which has no direction. Slash's solo on The Garden makes the song.

TWAT is put together much better. It's all meshing together and going somewhere.