Chinese Democracy TV ad/promo Sightings

Axl Rose aka God

I JUST SAW SOMETHING ON MTV!!!

First there were chinese people that were eating dogs and after 3 seconds Axl comes out and yells: CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW!!! He had steaks with him and he said, "Now you don't have to eat dogs anymore!"

CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW!!!

How comes you spelt everything right? :unsure:

Cos he's not thomase?

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I JUST SAW SOMETHING ON MTV!!!

First there were chinese people that were eating dogs and after 3 seconds Axl comes out and yells: CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW!!! He had steaks with him and he said, "Now you don't have to eat dogs anymore!"

CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW!!!

How comes you spelt everything right? :unsure:

Cos he's not thomase?

Damn! :monkey:

I better look at names in future instead of relying on avatar's and sigs.

Hey all, im from sydney australia, and last night early hours of the morning i saw the chinese democracy promo, it was for a split second, and it had chinese guys running off a boat with guitars..

i figured it was chinese democracy

Yeah - that sounds like what I saw - "Chinese people running off boats" does indeed jog my memory.:)

Let me make a list of other things that I remember about the commercial - as you have obviously seen it more recently - and let's see if you can correlate them:

-They were being watched by European-type people in bowler hats and *older*(i.e.: maybe early Twentieth Century?)-looking suits in the docking bay, yes?

-There were some more suit-wearing Chinese people - maybe different ones and they looked much older, maybe like record company executives (but maybe this is just me thinking on top of my head?:)) or something - hiding behind boxes at the end, looking rather scared? If that was there then it was indeed the same commercial.

I saw it in the afternoon - between 3:00 and 3:30 - by the way.

You also say that "there was no Guns N' Roses reference in the commercial", and that you "put two and two together" - as I did :) - indicating that there is indeed a correlation in this story. Take out Jackamo's blatantly bullshit claim (having looked at it this morning) and we are clearly onto something.:)

By the way they didn't say anything about an award show in the commercial, did they?

thats cool and all, but As long as it wasent ANY GN'R mention its not making that much sence

Yeh. Promotion isn't meant to be cryptic. It should be a direct link to the band.

Agreed.:) Hence I don't think it was about GN'R, at least not directly.

i highly doubt it was on MTV as i never see ads on there only shit programs like my super sweet 16

No - I don't watch MTV myself. I rather think that it was on MTV2 or something? Maybe even (*shudders*) VHFlux.:anger:

Edited by RedEurope

Look guys, I used to work for Viacom at MtvNetworks/VH1. I asked a friend of mine who is a DP to find out if there has been ANY Guns N Roses Chinese Democracy commercials on any of the Mtv networks. I was sure to make it clear to him that I am referring to NEW GNR commercials. The answer I got was very simple: No, Mtv has not aired any GNR commercials... Please keep in mind there is a difference bewtween a commercial and a promo. There have been GNR promos here and there, but no commercials.

Someone should find out MTV's email address and ask them if they are running ads for Guns N' Roses

By the way, I sent this e-mail to MTV yesterday and there has been no reply:

Hi,

I was just wondering if you have or are streaming on your website that MTV(2?) commercial featuring I think it's some people in a docking bay overlooking some boxes being offloaded from a ship - I think they had guitars and musical instruments in them or something. If it's on your website or the Internet somewhere could you please point me in its direction, or if possible are you able to send me a copy of the commercial may I ask?

It's for a GN'R website and there are people are reporting there are hidden "Chinese Democracy" messages in there - so we can see if it is true.:)

Thanks for your help.

I wish they would hurry up because I can't wait to slap Frozen in the face when/if I get footage or stills of the "Chinese people" commercial.:P

i work at Canada's major music TV station..and we are in sync with all of the US's release dates and promos etc....there is NO WORD OF A GNR RELEASE YET....because companies are afraid of leaks, they don't get ANYTHING until about a week before the release. and MTV would probably not air anything to do with GNR. GNR is something that would go on MTV2 more than likely.

If anything I would expect a press release about a video first, then see the video and hear radio play, then a followup press release about the album... and it's release date.

and MTV would probably not air anything to do with GNR. GNR is something that would go on MTV2 more than likely.

You have no idea how much sense that makes.nod.gif

Think about it: 1. A commercial on MTV2. 2. No direct GN'R reference.:) 3. Intrigue to get people (fans and non-fans) going. It all makes sense.:)

Edited by RedEurope

i work at Canada's major music TV station..and we are in sync with all of the US's release dates and promos etc....there is NO WORD OF A GNR RELEASE YET....because companies are afraid of leaks, they don't get ANYTHING until about a week before the release. and MTV would probably not air anything to do with GNR. GNR is something that would go on MTV2 more than likely.

If anything I would expect a press release about a video first, then see the video and hear radio play, then a followup press release about the album... and it's release date.

Cool, tnx for the info, Zep.

Parts of YCBM and SCOM were just in the A's vs. Tigers (Baseball) game...They've REALLY been playing gN'r when going to commercials or some story segments(including the Mets and Cards game too)....They usually play GN'R, but not nearly as much as this....pretty awesome ^_^ ^_^

Kannon.

Edited by kannon21

It just doesn't make any sense.

They're allowed to say they seen "chinese ppl with guitars on a boat", but not Jackamo.

On topic, was watching LOST last night & a "Sam's Town" promo came on several times to promote the Killers new album. Guns needs to do stuff like that.

Pitman 4 Life

how come my claim is bullshit when i seen the same thing?

Because of the nature of the post.

You were clearly aping me :):

Incidentally and I didn't post it as I thought no one would probably believe me at the time I saw an interesting and IIRC unmarked MTV2 commercial featuring Chinese people overlooking a ship in a docking bay. I think they were unloading guitars, but I could be way wrong on this - even though it was during the afternoon. This was about two weeks ago. Any thoughts?
Speaking of this, the other night on MTV or MTV2 I don't know, I seen a commercial with a big boat docked, and an army of chinese people carrying guitars with a slogan. It was late so I don't know what it said. Afterwards I was like "Wha?" I linked the two things together "chinese people" + "guitars" = "CHINESE DEMOCRACY". I haven't seen it since.

If you really did see it then please post a more thorough description of it, and we can see if it affirms the facts above now that a third person in Australia (which in turn means I am also sceptical about it as it was a UK commercial) has seen it.:)

Thanks, but I saw that the other day, and it was about the other (albeit admittedly more interesting looking) commercial.:)

And "is Guns n Roses really Guns n Roses with just AXL?" is also a very interesting topic, believe me.:sleeper:

And I'll PM you re. that information soon.:)

Just saw a commercial for the michigan show! Was on ESPN.

What was it like? Low quality local?

Yeah it was a low quality local type thing.. you could tell the footage wasn't "prime" if you know what I mean? But they used recent concert footage from the bands current tour in europe I suppose. They played night train through it, the AFD one, and synched it with the band playing it live.

Yeah it was a low quality local type thing.. you could tell the footage wasn't "prime" if you know what I mean? But they used recent concert footage from the bands current tour in europe I suppose. They played night train through it, the AFD one, and synched it with the band playing it live.

That's cool. It'll be interesting to see how much they'll be promoting in other cities over the next few weeks.

That's cool. It'll be interesting to see how much they'll be promoting in other cities over the next few weeks.

Yeah I forgot to mention.. It said stuff about legacy and blah blah that was mentioned earlier in an MTV article thing. Plus it explicitly called this tour

"The Chinese Democracy World Tour"

Yeah I forgot to mention.. It said stuff about legacy and blah blah that was mentioned earlier in an MTV article thing. Plus it explicitly called this tour

"The Chinese Democracy World Tour"

Can you upload it to Youtube by any chance?