AXL's Rant in San Juan last night

dobadog

"We're going to do what we do and play what you want to hear."

Isn't that kind of the point of bitching. Not everybody wants to hear the old stuff played by the new guys punctuated with a bunch of boring solos.

I guess some people are into that, but looking at the ticket sales, the Braided one's not exactly lighting everyones ass on fire.

Maybe I'm wrong, but when he says "we" does he really expect us to believe that the rest of the band wants to play Appetite every night a couple of cover songs from Use Your Illusion.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I'm wrong, but when he says "we" does he really expect us to believe that the rest of the band wants to play Appetite every night a couple of cover songs from Use Your Illusion.

Exactly what I was going to say!

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Oct 30 2006, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hmm nice to see him mention Ireland?? Wonder why he picked here out of all places...

it was you wasnt it?

you just had to push it

with your "oh i wish he change the setlist" or "oh when his he going to play something new?"

I knew it, well now because of your antics Axl's pissed off with all of us, every Irish under the sun

well i hope your happy........... :P

Hi everyone- Outtagetme here writing from Gate 38 at the San Juan International Airport. That was me who posted the Axl quote from last night. He didn't specifically say either forum, but he obviously directed his comments toward all of us. Both HTGTH and here are the two biggest forums and maintain a message board that frequently has play-by-play updates from the concerts. We also have a large handful of complainers (myself included to an extent, but for selfish reasons. I understand that this is a quality set-list that gives the average fan what they want).

Axl also appeared to be kicking someone out of the show, but then after the song, he said that some guy passed out and that's why they needed to pull him off the floor.

I was surprised in the quality of the venue. It was a nice, new, and relatively large arena that appeared to be mostly full. The crowed out-rocked any audience I've seen from the 3 other shows I've been to this year. There were more people here decked-out in their GN'R t-shirts than anywhere I've been. The T-Shirt stand was about sold out when we went through to buy more shirts at the end of the show. The stage was similar to what we've been seeing only there were no verticle video screens behind the band. They must have left those in Florida for the Jacksonville show on Tuesday night.

The band was staying at my hotel because I saw Beta and someone who I am guessing is her daughter. I spoke to them and told her to tell Axl thank you for touring North America and for putting together the best band I've ever seen live. She was very nice and the girl with her was friendly also. Just before I came to the airport, I saw and met Frank in the lobby and spoke to Ron and his wife out by the Pool. No Axl sightings though. I'm sure he was sleeping or back in Miami getting ready to go out tonight (I thought I went out a lot- Axl's making up for lost time while he lived his life as a hermitt all of those years). I've met Ron three times now and this is the first time I've met Frank. It's amazing how nice all of these guys are and it is cool to me that my favorite band, are not a bunch of punk fuckers younger than me. These guys appear to be just cool guys who seem fairly intelligent and represent the band well.

I'm taking a break for awhile and will head to Chicago next month for the show there. It's been fun. Now more than ever, I'm looking forward to hearing the new album.

Edited by Outtagetme

I don't think Robin, Tommy, Brain, Richard, and Chris signed on to be in an "Appetite For Destruction" cover band. Is it so hard for Axl to believe that some us would actually like to hear new material from his new band, instead of having them cover the old bands material endlessly. I love how Axl's such a bad ass that he had to wait till he was out of the US to do his rant about all of us internet douche bags, who talk our non die hard friends into going to see the band. Axl we just want you to release CD and "Get in The Ring" one more time.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Hi everyone- Outtagetme here writing from Gate 38 at the San Juan International Airport. That was me who posted the Axl quote from last night. He didn't specifically say either forum, but he obviously directed his comments toward all of us. Both HTGTH and here are the two biggest forums and maintain a message board that frequently has play-by-play updates from the concerts. We also have a large handful of complainers (myself included to an extent, but for selfish reasons. I understand that this is a quality set-list that gives the average fan what they want).

Axl also appeared to be kicking someone out of the show, but then after the song, he said that some guy passed out and that's why they needed to pull him off the floor.

I was surprised in the quality of the venue. It was a nice, new, and relatively large arena that appeared to be mostly full. The crowed out-rocked any audience I've seen from the 3 other shows I've been to this year. There were more people here decked-out in their GN'R t-shirts than anywhere I've been. The T-Shirt stand was about sold out when we went through to buy more shirts at the end of the show. The stage was similar to what we've been seeing only there were no verticle video screens behind the band. They must have left those in Florida for the Jacksonville show on Tuesday night.

The band was staying at my hotel because I saw Beta and someone who I am guessing is her daughter. I spoke to them and told her to tell Axl thank you for touring North America and for putting together the best band I've ever seen live. She was very nice and the girl with her was friendly also. Just before I came to the airport, I saw and met Frank in the lobby and spoke to Ron and his wife out by the Pool. No Axl sightings though. I'm sure he was sleeping or back in Miami getting ready to go out tonight (I thought I went out a lot- Axl's making up for lost time while he lived his life as a hermitt all of those years). I've met Ron three times now and this is the first time I've met Frank. It's amazing how nice all of these guys are and it is cool to me that my favorite band, are not a bunch of punk fuckers younger than me. These guys appear to be just cool guys who seem fairly intelligent and represent the band well.

I'm taking a break for awhile and will head to Chicago next month for the show there. It's been fun. Now more than ever, I'm looking forward to hearing the new album.

nice, hope you hv fun at next concert also. rock4

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Oct 30 2006, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Hmm nice to see him mention Ireland?? Wonder why he picked here out of all places...

it was you wasnt it?

you just had to push it

with your "oh i wish he change the setlist" or "oh when his he going to play something new?"

I knew it, well now because of your antics Axl's pissed off with all of us, every Irish under the sun

How did you know??? I feel so ashamed... Please forgive me! Dont remember seeing you before?? You at the dublin show sir???...

Would you mind offering up refunds to all of us fans that you've dupped into buying tickets for your never ending "Appetite for Destruction" cover tour? Thanks Axl, and you have a nice day now.
"I couldn't give a fuck about Mr Estranged sitting at home behind his computer."

:rofl-lol:

:rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Axl, Axl... :D

Seriously though.. Anyone else remember him ranting in the beginning of the illusion tour how people were complaining about him playing more the new material instead of AFD? Now it's the same shit reversed.

Maybe he'll get it right... next time. ;)

"The stage was similar to what we've been seeing only there were no verticle video screens behind the band."

No verticle screens. So does that mean there were no video screens?

Edited by dobadog

There were video screens, but on the sides of the stage hanging from the ceiling. Rear-screen projection. another thing- the guy standing next to me was thrown out for taking pictures. They were checking cameras and belts that looked dangerous at the door. They had a whole claim check section with belts and cameras!

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Oct 30 2006, 08:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

it was you wasnt it?

you just had to push it

How did you know??? I feel so ashamed... Please forgive me! Dont remember seeing you before?? You at the dublin show sir???...

indeed i was, nearly missed jungle because of therapy and the mis conception that Axl would be late....

he really is an unpredictable bastard! :)

Awesome post. Nice to hear some positive reviews from people who actually have gone to the concerts, and don't live their life online on these forums.

And no, Axl didn't pick Ireland on purpose. He pulled it out of his ass... he could have easily said Maryland, Canada or Antartica.

This is how bad rumors start.

it was you wasnt it?

you just had to push it

indeed i was, nearly missed jungle because of therapy and the mis conception that Axl would be late....

he really is an unpredictable bastard! :)

They were 3 mins early be my clock. Great concert. Notting else I'v seen comes close. Knockin seemed to go on forever, it was heaven lol...

So Axl really thinks the new members love to play

appetite.. night after night after night...

and not their own shit from chinese democracy...

Maybe it`s just a excuse because he doesn`t

wanna play more new songs at the moment.