GN´R - 2nd Most Important Rock Band 1981-2006!

Lukinx

IRON MAIDEN 1? WtF!!!

I EXPECT NIRVANA TO BE ONE CONSIDERING KERRANG FUCKING LOVE THEM

:rofl-lol: Sorry, but I'm siding with Kerrang! on this one. Comparitively speaking, Iron Maiden had 13 strong albums (Becuase everyone knows that The X Factor sucked thanks to Blaze), 7 of which were not only immensely popular but also outrageously innovative and influential (Iron Maiden through Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son). On the other hand, GN'R had 4 huge sellers, altough many people tend to overlook Lies. Also keep in mind, Maiden has been around since '75, whereas Guns N' Roses (As the public views them) lasted from '87-'94.

I mean, Iron Maiden was the definitive NWOBHM band. No one was able to write music as strong as Maiden, or put on a live show as good as Maiden. They set the standards for 90% of metal bands to come.

Of course, musically, these two bands are uncomparable, Maiden was metal and GN'R was just plain rock.

Oh, and to GNRSkidrow1, look at the timeframe; 1981-2006. Zeppelin disbanded in late '80. ;)

Edited by Powerage5

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where the fuck is Motley Crue?!

where they deserve to be :chef:

Edit: Iron Maiden #1 doesnt bother me but no Van Halen does.

Also I am very happy that ACDC didn't get #1...and I hope that if they uncluded 1980 ACDC would still be 4th, maybe 3rd.

Edited by GOLDEN

van halen were shot around 81..fair warning was their last great record and that was right around 81 then it was all downhill............FAITH NO MORE Number 8! Awesome.............No Chili Peppers mention which is weird..and its funny seeing everyone suck off Pantera now after dimebag was killed because before then the media, especially in europe HATED Pantera and HATED Phil Anselmo

Edited by jaypayton

van halen were shot around 81..fair warning was their last great record and that was right around 81 then it was all downhill............FAITH NO MORE Number 8! Awesome.............No Chili Peppers mention which is weird..and its funny seeing everyone suck off Pantera now after dimebag was killed because before then the media, especially in europe HATED Pantera and HATED Phil Anselmo

I think the nazi rumour did that. In europe when I was a kid there was a big rumour about Phil and Pantera being nazi and that shit don´t fly over here. ;)

Respectable list for the most part, not 100% accurate, but no one could ever be 100% on the dot.

16. Fugazi

17. Napalm Death

18. Black Flag

:monkey:

Not sure about Fugazi, but Napalm and Black Flag are fucking awesome. And it makes since on MOST IMPORTANT, not best, because Napalm Death was THE orginal grindcore, and Black Flag was a influential punk band for sure.

Metallica is better and more important. So are lot of bands from this time period. Im shocked GNR are as high as they are. No Smashing Pumpkins? Billy Corgan>Axl Rose in every aspect ever.

Go away.

Metallica may have merited being that high 15 years ago, not anymore.

Iron Maiden #1?? Because they influenced so many bands to follow their sound?? I like em, but weird.

01. Iron Maiden

02. Guns N´Roses

03. Metallica

04. AC/DC

05. Green Day

06. Ozzy Osbourne

07. Slayer

08. Faith No More

09. Pantera

10. Nirvana

11. Bon Jovi

12. Korn

13. Judas Priest

14. Blink 182

15. Nine Inch Nails

16. Fugazi

17. Napalm Death

18. Black Flag

19. Soundgarden

20. Slipknot

21. Def Leppard

22. Marylin Manson

23. Emperor

24. Rage Against The Machine

25. Motörhead

Having Blink182 on the list is blaspheme.

How the hell is KORN more important than RATM who basicly started the whole rap-metal wave.

GN'R have been a much bigger influence to rockbands than Iron Maiden (credit to IM for keeping it up so long though).

Why has is Red Hot Chilipeppers been totally ignored? Other bands I would've like to see on the list is Manic Street Preachers, Stone temple Pilots & Radiohead.

And Bon Jovi well "Bon Jovi can suck my dick".

Metallica is better and more important. So are lot of bands from this time period. Im shocked GNR are as high as they are. No Smashing Pumpkins? Billy Corgan>Axl Rose in every aspect ever.

Go away.

Iron Maiden #1?? Because they influenced so many bands to follow their sound?? I like em, but weird.

How can you say Metallica may have merited being that high 15 years ago, and then not say the exact same thing about GNR? I understand they lost members, but they havent done anything remotely interesting since the UYI albums. Metallica's 1st four albums destroys anything GNR ever did. GNR cant even touch any of those records. They are different styles, but when it comes to musicianship and originality, not even close.

Go away.

How can you say Metallica may have merited being that high 15 years ago, and then not say the exact same thing about GNR? I understand they lost members, but they havent done anything remotely interesting since the UYI albums. Metallica's 1st four albums destroys anything GNR ever did. GNR cant even touch any of those records. They are different styles, but when it comes to musicianship and originality, not even close.

I'll take no albums over a slow degeneration of talent any day. Metallica got progressively worse with each album after the Black album. The only thing that sounded remotely good since then was a rehash of their greatest hits with a symphony making them sound better. However, I'm tired of this argument, you can rehash it in a billion GnR vs. Metallica threads.

Spaghetti was interesting and better than Mettallica's comparable Garage Inc.

AFD is miles better than Metallica's first four albums (I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on this one, either). GnR is more musically diverse, and can pull off a heck of a lot more styles of rock than can Metallica. James is not a good singer, and they made a huge mistake when they estranged Mustaine. Besides, they are asses, and any credibility they may have been able to salvage by returning to their roots (taking them off the sellout path they took in the mid-late 90s) was destroyed by the poor quality of St. Anger and the ridiculous portrayal of their "musical journey" in Some Kind of Monster.

Whoa don't hold back on Metalicker. Hetfield to me isnt as badass as he thinks we think he is. And Lars well god bless him. They are a fine example of doing it for the fans. I dont know whats best to just stop after you hit the jack pot or just to keep on going against everyones advice. They make me laff which I know isn't the goal. I like Sandman and Ain't My Bitch.