What is your best 2006 moment?

Montrealer

Please let's try to keep this thread negative comments free!

What is your 2006 best GNR moment?

I think even since CD is not out yet, we had a amazing year. I'm even confuse about my best moment.

I'd say:

1. Going to NY Hammerstein shows.

2. Leaks.... well it was a great night on this board wasn't it!

3. Toronto, Ottawa and Special Québec city show that was simply amazing.

What about yours?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Listening to Axl live on the Eddie Trunk show,announcing that the cd was coming out in late Fall...that was amazingly exciting!!

What a rush!!...felt good to hear it come right from the man himself!

Quick... someone go get Madison or UK! It appears HisRoyalFatness has hijacked Zint61's account!

Listening to Axl live on the Eddie Trunk show,announcing that the cd was coming out in late Fall...that was amazingly exciting!!

Quick... someone go get Madison or UK! It appears HisRoyalFatness has hijacked Zint61's account!

What??...I'm serious!

That was fucking cool,it was a highlight for me...at that time.

I believed it and it felt good believing it!

Edited by zint61

The Leaks by far and NYC shows - "Happy mothersday, motherfuckers." and various other quotes. Although a low point was Axl's rant about setlists, forums, it wasn't a proper rant, I was disappointed - he didn't really nail that one. Del's article was interesting as well and giving us GNRs opinion on the forums again was an insight. Down on the Farm getting on the set list was cool as well. Just the great reviews of shows. The cancelations were typical GNR stuff and made me laugh. Can't drink on stage? See you later!

It Started with the leaks. I'm from Ohio and went to the opening show @ Hammerstein. It was fucking amazing. When they came out I actually didn't know that Finck was Ficnk. Last time I saw him in 2002 in C-Bus he looked like a goth dude, and now he actually looked like Jesus Christ. The show gave me hope and belief like this was the real deal and they were back better than ever. When I say that I mean better I mean better than the old band by far....Which I actually saw 3 times back in the day. Axl was back and ready to take his place. The Rolling Stone article gave me goose bumps as well as the Harley ad. I almost got fired @ work for playing it about 50 times over the sound system. Saying what's up to BAZ @ hammerstein. Hearing live in Cleveland about the Pigeons of shit metal from AXL after the first break. It's been the best year by far for me since about 93 as a fan. I just hope the real deal comes through and we get the fucking album that I promise will put AXl back on top. I get made fun of for having a man crush on AXl, but the man is the reason why these forums are around. I think my best moment will be when Merk gives an announcement on gunsnroses.com about a release date. Hold tight, and have faith... the messiah is here and lurking, his name is AXl Rose.

What??...I'm serious!

That was fucking cool,it was a highlight for me...at that time.

I believed it and it felt good believing it!

I agree with ya zint, I loaded up HTGTH that night after being at a lacrosse game all night and I stayed up till five or six in the morning replaying it and chatting about it. That was so unreal. I almost didn't even log on that night, and literally minutes after I did someone made a thread saying, "AXL IS ON THE RADIO!" and I just about shit myself, I couldn't believe it.

So much optimism, hearing him say "It's this year."

That was the highlight of the year for me.

Rock in Rio 5 was fun too, but him appearing out of nowhere - that was just unreal.

The leaks. Hearing Axl's studio voice again was incredible.

That first Rolling Stone article after the Korn launch party.

The Eddie Trunk radio show.

Damn, I forgot the leaks happened this year. Yeah, I'd have to say the leaks were probably more exciting than the Trunk show, if that's possible. Listening to the first thirty seconds of Better and being blown away, hearing the intro and thinking, "This is GN'R?" and then hearing Axl's vocals blast in...that was magic.

And the first time I loaded up TWAT and blared it full volume during the outro-solo, damn...that was awesome.

the best part for me was the leaks ..i dident come on the boards then however i always did search for chinese democracy and could never find any new stuff..then one night late at night i remember downloading better ,like 1 minute of it .i was so pumped i woke my wife up and was like oh my god listen to this u have to hear this ,i remember her all tired and lookin at me and saying''ur an asshole u woke me up for this'' it was like magic to me ,i couldent and will never understand why she wasent as pumped as me lol..so ya those first few moments of better and dancing around the house in excitment were tops ..