An open Letter from Axl Rose

dobadog

I applaud Axl for this letter. Perhaps Merck was the reason he has been so silent lately. There were apparently a lot of things going on behind the scenes that were pretty nasty. I think that Axl and Merck had been at odds for awhile which is why neither would give any real information. In my opinion, even though not specifically mentioned in the letter, some of this extra time will be used to put Ron and Frank on the album. And if an Asian tour is indeed in the works for spring, what more perfect time to release "Chinese Democracy," than return to the U.S. next summer or fall. Let's hope that this open communication between Axl and his fans will continue.

I think Axl Rose is a true gentleman. I Think he is one heck of a performer. He is also very hot! A band takes alot of work and we just have to be patient. I wish he had all the orginal members of the band,but hopefully this band will be very good too. I am very anxious to hear the new materail.

Nice to read something to support Axl and GNR instead of all the usual bashing :)

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I applaud Axl for this letter. Perhaps Merck was the reason he has been so silent lately. There were apparently a lot of things going on behind the scenes that were pretty nasty. I think that Axl and Merck had been at odds for awhile which is why neither would give any real information. In my opinion, even though not specifically mentioned in the letter, some of this extra time will be used to put Ron and Frank on the album. And if an Asian tour is indeed in the works for spring, what more perfect time to release "Chinese Democracy," than return to the U.S. next summer or fall. Let's hope that this open communication between Axl and his fans will continue.

I think Axl Rose is a true gentleman. I Think he is one heck of a performer. He is also very hot! A band takes alot of work and we just have to be patient. I wish he had all the orginal members of the band,but hopefully this band will be very good too. I am very anxious to hear the new materail.

Nice to read something to support Axl and GNR instead of all the usual bashing :)

yeah we need some more like that.

If you think the majority of posts on this forum are "bashing" Axl, you need to go outside, smell the coffee, hear the birds chirp, etc., etc., etc., and then promptly join in on a normal everyday music conversation and bring up the subject of Axl and GN'R. If you consider people devoting time from their lives on a fan forum anticipating and praising material from an album to be bashing, I think you'll have an immediate heart attack upon hearing what the REAL bashers out there think.

I'm continually confounded when people who try to remain objective and balanced are attacked as being criticizers or "bashers"... nothing is one-sided, Miss.

Edited by Estranged Reality

• 6 months later...
11 months and NOTHING. dear God, this is frustrating.

But dude, the thing that I get, that nobody else gets is, that Axl lives in his own time! This motherfucker is like Marty McFly on the microphone! I don't even know what the fuck that means! You can't blame him, he owes you nothing!

But dude, the thing that I get, that nobody else gets is, that Axl lives in his own time! This motherfucker is like Marty McFly on the microphone! I don't even know what the fuck that means! You can't blame him, he owes you nothing!

I see what you did there.. :lol:

fuck dude. your fucking "A" right. i forgot about the McFly aspect.

Bach, how's it going brother? :xmasssanta:

Sorry dude, I take that back. I didn't mean to insult you like that :rofl-lol:

He owes us nothing? Man, he owes us every fucking thing he has!!!

Edited by sunburn

Bach, how's it going brother? :xmasssanta:

Sorry dude, I take that back. I didn't mean to insult you like that :rofl-lol:

:lol:

The truthites will tell you that Axl didn't state March 6th of what year, so technically he wasn't lying. Perhaps when he misses the March 6th deadline in 08 he'll begin to give the fans album updates.

You would have to mentally retarded to believe that Axl was referring to a different year. There is simply nothing to defend in the name of Axl, nothing. And he keeps demonstrating to us all why his most loyal fans now hold him in contempt. There is obviously something seriously wrong going on inside his head. The best we can hope for is that he can get out of his funk long enough to follow through with a release.

The purpose in digging up this thread was what exactly? There's not really much reason to continue to dissect Axl's words-the simple fact is that he lied to us once again-not about the release date because he said that was tentative, but rather about the fact that we would be updated if the deadline couldn't be met.

The purpose in digging up this thread was what exactly? There's not really much reason to continue to dissect Axl's words-the simple fact is that he lied to us once again-not about the release date because he said that was tentative, but rather about the fact that we would be updated if the deadline couldn't be met.

So long as you're dissecting it even though you say we shouldn't, he said he would update us as soon as possible in regard to a new date.

There's no new date yet, so he's not updating us.

How's that lying?

/jarmo

(for once, Jarmo would be correct...imagine that...)

So long as you're dissecting it even though you say we shouldn't, he said he would update us as soon as possible in regard to a new date.

There's no new date yet, so he's not updating us.

How's that lying?

/jarmo

(for once, Jarmo would be correct...imagine that...)

:rofl-lol: The day i got banned over @ HTGTH "/" went:

"There´s a differnce between lying and saying stuff.

People don´t lie because they say stuff.

It makes no sense.

People lie, because they lie".

In this context slash is a liar (he admitted having lied about going to Axls house), while beta, "/" and Axl "say stuff".

:rofl-lol: