who wrote the leaked songs?

RaspAxl

CITR sounds like Brian May / Richard Fortus

IRS - Buckethead / Axl?

CITR is 1999 or older. So Richard wasn't even int he band. Paul Tobias however was.

Brian May is for sure on Catcher, confirmed by Brian himself.

CITR sounds like Brian May / Richard Fortus

IRS - Buckethead / Axl?

If Catcher In The Rye was written in 1999/2000 like what I've read, Fortus had nothing to do with it. He joined in 2002.

i love these moments in which im right

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4xPWxkig6aE

fortus used that riff earlier,

so if richard joined in 02, and that riff was made in 99", brian may couldnt have made it because that riff was made by richard, so CITR was made in 02

I dont hope people think Robin wrote ALL of Better.

Axl wrote the lyrics to every song

Silkworms... :P

:drevil:

Let me refrase(is refrase a word?) that: Axl wrote every song that will be on Chi Dem (probably)

You can never overuse this quote:

It was a totally collaborative effort, the whole fucking eight of us. If I think back on it, pretty much everyone has some stake in the writing of it. - Tommy Stinson

that doesent neccisarily mean the lyrics.

Offcourse eveyrone help write on the songs, wether it was the music or lyrics

Edited by Chris Axl

I can't find the interview anywhere where Axl was talking how they tried a new approach on the songs on chinese democracy. I remember him saying that instead of writing the lyrics first (old gnr) they now wrote the lyrics last. And then he said something about him being able to sit down and write lyrics till the end of the world or something? Anyone else remember that? Can't find it anywhere...

The songs (except any written in the last year or so) have been written and rewritten and tinkered with for such an extent over the last 8-10-12 years that who knows who's actually on any final version and gets credit.

Some of these things might be like that old theory about the car. If you buy a car and gradually replace every part on it, is it still the same car when you're done?

The songs (except any written in the last year or so) have been written and rewritten and tinkered with for such an extent over the last 8-10-12 years that who knows who's actually on any final version and gets credit.

Some of these things might be like that old theory about the car. If you buy a car and gradually replace every part on it, is it still the same car when you're done?

no but the inventor of the car is still the one who invented the car.

no but the inventor of the car is still the one who invented the car.

basically started everything off

Well let's revive this a bit too...

http://www.htgth.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=120

In this press release about Oh My God Axl says "All the lyrics were written by myself".

http://www.htgth.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=28

Axl: "I write the vocals last, because I wanted to invent the music first and push the music to the level that I had to compete against it. That's kind of tough. It's like you got to go in against these new guys who kicked ass. You finally got the song musically where you wanted to, and then you have to figure out how to go in and kick its ass and be one person competing against this wall of sound.

Why I chose to do it that way is that, you know, I can sit and write poetry 'til hell freezes over, and getting attached to any particular set of words... I felt that I would write to those words in a dated fashion, and we really wouldn't get the best music. "Oh My God" is a perfect example. When we finally got "Oh My God" where it needed to be, then I got the right words to it."

Also in that interview Axl talks about 70 songs that they've been working on etc.... Given the context it really makes me think that the band wrote the music and then Axl wrote the lyrics. At least in a majority of the songs.

I agree, better should be the first single, it's a great tune that's melodic with a heavy part and also very catchy...ther's a vintage axl vocals that will draw old gn'r fans,and it sounds modern with robin's bluesy solo....what more can you ask from a single?