CD - the first single. **From 06 .. I knew it would be LOL

gnfnr2006

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second the above post. That was the gist of what Axl said at HOB, (though it was hard to tell with all of the Whar's Slash and Sucket head comments from the crowd.)

I like CD, I don't love it. OMG has better lyrics. though, those that say it's the worst song obviously haven't heard Silkworms or the early versions (HOB) of Rhiyad.

It's showing it could become a good song lately.

Still far from a great song though. The intro and outro are great, but the middle is a bit of a carwreck at times. I have no idea what's going on with those lyrics either.

Anything over Better as first single is stupid.

I mostly agree I wouldn't say "car wreck" in the middle, but the initial impact of the intro is lost when the first verse starts and the chorus isn't strong enough to be a single, let alone the first single. I still like it, but not as a single, more as an opener to the album.

I think of what we've heard better is an easy choice. If there's something else better though then I'd be pretty excited to hear it.

LP

its up there with the best songs they've ever written,

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

:(

sorry man i didnt mean it any personal way, its your views and i was wrong to laugh

but CD doesnt beat songs in the lyrical content such as Coma, Breakdown or Dont Damn Me,

out of the new songs,

it proberly beats rhiad but the others are better lyrically

Edited by The Snatcher Of The Pie

If this is the first single, whoever decides that is an absolute retard.

First single from Axl in 15 years = a song where he's singing in a baritone voice. I don't think so.

The average person would hear that and think 'Oh, I guess Axl can't hit his high notes anymore'.

We know that's not the case, but average fans need a balls out rocker with crazy vocals as a 're-introduction' to the band.

I will bet anything we haven't even heard the single yet.

"My outfit's ridiculous, in the club lookin' so conspicuous.

And Rowl! These women all on the prowl, if you hold the head steady I'm a milk the cow.

Forget about the game, I'm a spit the truth, I won't stop till I get 'em in they birthday suits.

So gimmie the rhythm and it'll be off with their clothes, then bend over to the front and touch your toes.

I left the Jag and I took the Rolls, if they aint cutting then I put em on foot patrol.

How you like me now, when my pinky's valued over three hundred thou sand,

Lets drank you the one to please, Ludacris fill cups like double D's.

Me and Ursh once more and we leave 'em dead, we want a lady in the street but a freak in the bed"

As you can see from this old usher song that they played the shit out of, sadly, lyrics dont mean much anymore. Ppl just go for what sounds catchy. I think better could really crack into the majority of the mindless ppl out there who like whatever the radio stations pick for them.

Edit: Isnt "Sorry" susposed to be another heavy hitter from the album? Maybe that's the single, but who knows

Edited by Pain_Train_99

"My outfit's ridiculous, in the club lookin' so conspicuous.

And Rowl! These women all on the prowl, if you hold the head steady I'm a milk the cow.

Forget about the game, I'm a spit the truth, I won't stop till I get 'em in they birthday suits.

So gimmie the rhythm and it'll be off with their clothes, then bend over to the front and touch your toes.

I left the Jag and I took the Rolls, if they aint cutting then I put em on foot patrol.

How you like me now, when my pinky's valued over three hundred thou sand,

Lets drank you the one to please, Ludacris fill cups like double D's.

Me and Ursh once more and we leave 'em dead, we want a lady in the street but a freak in the bed"

As you can see from this old usher song that they played the shit out of, sadly, lyrics dont mean much anymore. Ppl just go for what sounds catchy. I think better could really crack into the majority of the mindless ppl out there who like whatever the radio stations pick for them.

Edit: Isnt "Sorry" susposed to be another heavy hitter from the album? Maybe that's the single, but who knows

if sorry was the first single, some idiots or velvet revolver fans might think it isnt a song but a personal message from axl rose <_<