VIDEOGAME Thread...

http://uk.gamespot.com/video/0/6172023/autoplay-video

too bad the 360 lost this exlusive eh? ;) this new trailer seriously rocks

should I even ask why your looking forward to such bad games? I'm fairly sure the wii has a game like this coming out, its just more artistically stunning, and way more violent and gory.

Your emo kid of gaming, do you know that? You can't enjoy a game from a big developer other then Nintendo. Other games has to be made by indy development teams. Becouse they have the purity that you seek.

Why look forward to a game like that. Becouse it's fun to play the bad guy!

Guest Jack_the_ripper

should I even ask why your looking forward to such bad games? I'm fairly sure the wii has a game like this coming out, its just more artistically stunning, and way more violent and gory.

Your emo kid of gaming, do you know that? You can't enjoy a game from a big developer other then Nintendo. Other games has to be made by indy development teams. Becouse they have the purity that you seek.

Why look forward to a game like that. Becouse it's fun to play the bad guy!

first of all, if I was an emo kid of gaming as you so put it, I'd cut my wrist with wii remotes and want 2 die, both of which I don't want 2 do. I will enjoy a game from a big developer if its worth a damn, just the fact is, most big developers are big developers because they cop out in making games, they'll make pointless shit that people buy because of how shallow their views are. 1 of my favorite developers is Ubisoft, and in no way are they "a small indy developing team"

Plus I don't really follow developping companies rather then Developers, anything that Suda 51 or Masahiro Sakurai make I will go out and buy, simply because I know as developers they put their full visions in their games, and don't let anyone change it from their vision. Shit Sakurai is pretty much holding Nintendo hostage with Smash Bros Brawl, like did you see all the composers he got to come aboard? If it was any other developer, Nintendo would of never dished out that kind of cash for a single video game.

No More Heroes might be by a somewhat unknown developing company, and it's somewhat indy, but it's still Suda51 and if you ever played killer 7 you'd understand why I'm looking forward to this game. The game is an ultra violent very story oriented GTA.

If its such a novelty, how come Microsoft are trying to take Nintendo's example by copying them. Go play crackdown or something.

The game I'm talking about is called No More Heroes, and your not gonna see games much more violent then this.

first off i don't like crackdown ;)

secondly the only reason microsoft would imitate the controll(which is all the wii has going for it and its not that great after a day or two) because they want something more than their ONLY competitor, the PS3

also you always bitch about "real games" yet i bet you didn't even read about kane and lynch! if you did you would see the new initiatives they're bringing to gaming which hasn't been done before, not even by nintendo and they're baby games

edit: GOAB are you on about the rockstar game "warriors"? i love that game ^_^

Edited by vicious

If its such a novelty, how come Microsoft are trying to take Nintendo's example by copying them. Go play crackdown or something.

The game I'm talking about is called No More Heroes, and your not gonna see games much more violent then this.

secondly the only reason microsoft would imitate the controll(which is all the wii has going for it and its not that great after a day or two) because they want something more than their ONLY competitor, the PS3

also you always bitch about "real games" yet i bet you didn't even read about kane and lynch! if you did you would see the new initiatives they're bringing to gaming which hasn't been done before, not even by nintendo and they're baby games

Thats the one, its driving me fucking nuts :rofl-lol:

Guest Jack_the_ripper

alright listen up, you know nothing about video games, how can you make such a claim that its innovative? did IGN tell you that? More so, since you seem to have your six axis shoved so far up your ass, that the 2 joysticks are now replacing your eyes, can you tell me what exclusive great games your PS3 has? as far as I can tell all you have as of right now, is Resistance. Sony is losing their fucking minds, their firing people left and right because they can't keep up with production costs.

Shit I was in a gaming store the other day, and asked about how well the ps3s are doing, and every shop I asked that 2, they all refused to carry ps3's, they only order them on demand (which apparantly is pretty rarely) and you know why, stores make no profit off the ps3. The ps3 is the biggest gaming blunder since the sega Dreamcast, however the difference is, the dreamcast was a completely respectable system that had some good exclusive content.

Nintendo is not a fucking baby console, and by you shoveing your fingers in your ears, closing your eyes and repeatign "sony is great, sony is great" makes your system look the most immature and infantile for those reasons.

does it involve horribly animated mushroom charachters on a pointless search for a golden nugget? the wii is a novelty, as far as i'm concerned there are 2 main consoles, the 360 and the ps3. if the wii wasn't so cheap it wouldn't sell so well

The motion sensor thing as been around for years, just not on console games

alright listen up, you know nothing about video games, how can you make such a claim that its innovative? did IGN tell you that? More so, since you seem to have your six axis shoved so far up your ass, that the 2 joysticks are now replacing your eyes, can you tell me what exclusive great games your PS3 has? as far as I can tell all you have as of right now, is Resistance. Sony is losing their fucking minds, their firing people left and right because they can't keep up with production costs.

Shit I was in a gaming store the other day, and asked about how well the ps3s are doing, and every shop I asked that 2, they all refused to carry ps3's, they only order them on demand (which apparantly is pretty rarely) and you know why, stores make no profit off the ps3. The ps3 is the biggest gaming blunder since the sega Dreamcast, however the difference is, the dreamcast was a completely respectable system that had some good exclusive content.

Nintendo is not a fucking baby console, and by you shoveing your fingers in your ears, closing your eyes and repeatign "sony is great, sony is great" makes your system look the most immature and infantile for those reasons.

It's just that everything everyone ells plays. You tell them are bad games. And you are saying GTA is a really bad game becouse of the gore and story, or whatever. Lack of artstyle. If you belive that you should really take some art classes, for san andreas has a really nice artistic thing going. Anyway, you tell me that is shit and you are saying this game for the Wii is going to be better then GTA by adding more gore, the thing you pointed out earlier that you where agains. But put some famouse game people (I quess) and you will praise it like the lord himself.

Ubisoft is mainly a shitsterner like EA. Yeah, Assasins Creed Looks like it might have a shot at the game of the year award. I give it that. And it has some good games out. But mainly it is just driving old franchises in predictable directions. Just like EA, wich is actually launching a new fifa, madden, Tiger Woods and need for speed, this fall.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

It's just that everything everyone ells plays. You tell them are bad games. And you are saying GTA is a really bad game becouse of the gore and story, or whatever. Lack of artstyle. If you belive that you should really take some art classes, for san andreas has a really nice artistic thing going. Anyway, you tell me that is shit and you are saying this game for the Wii is going to be better then GTA by adding more gore, the thing you pointed out earlier that you where agains. But put some famouse game people (I quess) and you will praise it like the lord himself.

Ubisoft is mainly a shitsterner like EA. Yeah, Assasins Creed Looks like it might have a shot at the game of the year award. I give it that. And it has some good games out. But mainly it is just driving old franchises in predictable directions. Just like EA, wich is actually launching a new fifa, madden, Tiger Woods and need for speed, this fall.

I should of been more precise, I enjoy Michael Ancel games from Ubisoft, and I enjoy some of the productions coming out of Ubisoft Montreal (Prince Of Persia more precisely)

However I find it Ironic you call out EA and Ubi as being "shitsterner" and yet you don't see how rockstar and take two are doing the exact same thing. Sure they may call it GTA IV but this is the 8th installement I believe (I think, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

My problem with GTA is the fact that it's really not character and story driven, its about senseless killing, No More Heroes is very very character driven. I'm not a fan of gore at all, just this is also artistic gore, something GTA lacks... sure you can "GTA is artistic" as much as you want, but at the end of the day, it all runs off the same engine... this is what GTA really is "same engine, same tacky story, different character."

Atleast we agree about EA though.

jack for your information i don't have a ps3 yet, just the 360 so you can fuck yourself in the ass for the sony comments. why so bitter at sony? because you know they kick nintendos ass. you obviously are stupid if you believe that a console is shit if it doesn't have exclusives, all that means is that the games for one console is different to another, it has nothing to do with the console itself. even though ps3 got socom, resistence and MGS4. what great exclusives have the 360? all i can think of is gears of war which is a good game but not great.

and nintendo don't have great games, sorry to break it to you :) go back to playing pokemon 3 or something and let the men play their games :)

Guest Jack_the_ripper
jack for your information i don't have a ps3 yet, just the 360 so you can fuck yourself in the ass for the sony comments. why so bitter at sony? because you know they kick nintendos ass. you obviously are stupid if you believe that a console is shit if it doesn't have exclusives, all that means is that the games for one console is different to another, it has nothing to do with the console itself. even though ps3 got socom, resistence and MGS4. what great exclusives have the 360? all i can think of is gears of war which is a good game but not great.

and nintendo don't have great games, sorry to break it to you :) go back to playing pokemon 3 or something and let the men play their games :)

That is the most idiotic statement ever made, worst then yamauchi's "we don't want epic games" comment. Exclusive 3rd party games are what makes or breaks a system. PS2 was succesful because of the exclusive 3rd party games, of which the PS3 has lost all of those exclusivity rights. The wii is having a multitude of 3rd party exclusive support, simply because they can't port stuff to the wii, they have to remake it completely, so instead companies are just gonna make entirely new exclusive franchises for the wii.

Socom is barely a console seller

Resistance is first party.

All you got is the dim hope MGS4.

Trust me, keep your 360.

and whens the last time you picked up a nintendo system honestly? 1997?

i played the wii recently and it looses its novelty after a few minutes. i dislike socom as a single player but the multi player would be a console seller. motor storm has some kickass multiplayer too. the free online play is one reason the ps3 rocks alng with HOME. once again have you not noticed that microsoft and sony are only trying to steal each others exclusives? they don't give a shit about the nintendo games

That is the most idiotic statement ever made, worst then yamauchi's "we don't want epic games" comment. Exclusive 3rd party games are what makes or breaks a system. PS2 was succesful because of the exclusive 3rd party games, of which the PS3 has lost all of those exclusivity rights. The wii is having a multitude of 3rd party exclusive support, simply because they can't port stuff to the wii, they have to remake it completely, so instead companies are just gonna make entirely new exclusive franchises for the wii.

Socom is barely a console seller

Resistance is first party.

All you got is the dim hope MGS4.

Trust me, keep your 360.

and whens the last time you picked up a nintendo system honestly? 1997?

The ps2 was successfull because when it was released there was no real alternative until the x-box came along two years later. By that time the ps2 had already gained enough momentum. Same reason the 360 is so succesfull at the minute. This time next year however, the ps3 will likely have overtaken the 360 in terms of sales. (imo)

The wii's selling so fast because of the first impression it gives. I literally played it for about 3 hours and got bored. <_<

And Socom has the potential to be a console seller. Its probally the main reason I would consider buying one.

if the wii wasn't so cheap it wouldn't sell so well

Seriously, that makes little sense. Whether you personally like it or not, feel it's a novelty or not, the Wii is selliing well because it is DIFFERENT. And the majority of people who tried it out, dig it. It's had tremendous marketing and word of mouth mostly based off the remote's capabilities.

Give Nintendo credit for being smart enough to know they needed to take a risk and do something different in an already crowded marketplace with the successful Xbox and Playstation.

You want to talk cheap, look at the GameCube which was selling for $100, even including a marquee game such as Mario Kart. Though far less expensive than the Wii, not near the success and it's clear to most what turned it around for Nintendo and the Wii....

Edited by Turn_It_Up

^ thats a valid point, i know the controller(thats the novelty part i meant) is the reason it is selling because nintendo didn't have the resources to take sony and microsoft on in a next gen war. but if the ps3 and the wii were the same retail price the ps3 would sell alot more

Guest Jack_the_ripper
i played the wii recently and it looses its novelty after a few minutes. i dislike socom as a single player but the multi player would be a console seller. motor storm has some kickass multiplayer too. the free online play is one reason the ps3 rocks alng with HOME. once again have you not noticed that microsoft and sony are only trying to steal each others exclusives? they don't give a shit about the nintendo games

alright, since your not catching on quickly.

Lets say that sony tried to come and steal a game like Trauma Center. Considering the whole point of the game, is operating with the use of the wii mote, I'd like to see how it would work on a PS3... thats why they aren't trying to steal games from Nintendo. They wouldn't be able to reproduce the way it plays, plus people would bitch about the "shitty graphics" since the consoles are on different graphics plains. Nintendo knew well that Sony and Microsoft would go for more horse power, so they decided to go in a way that they couldn't have their exclusives stolen.

and if your so sold on home, you should maybe check out second life, its home, but on a pc and already available.

i don't want to play second life, once i get my 360 or ps3(when i get one) connected to the internet i won't want to be on the pc as much. secondly jack you go on about sony not being able to steal the wii game because the remote. you seem to keep telling us MGS4 will be on the 360, even though MGS4 is specifically being made for the six axis controller ;)

Guest Jack_the_ripper
i don't want to play second life, once i get my 360 or ps3(when i get one) connected to the internet i won't want to be on the pc as much. secondly jack you go on about sony not being able to steal the wii game because the remote. you seem to keep telling us MGS4 will be on the 360, even though MGS4 is specifically being made for the six axis controller ;)

yes, but 6 axis isn't as fundemental as the wiimote, like a 6 axis add on can be packaged with the game for the 360, its that simple.

^ thats a valid point, i know the controller(thats the novelty part i meant) is the reason it is selling because nintendo didn't have the resources to take sony and microsoft on in a next gen war. but if the ps3 and the wii were the same retail price the ps3 would sell alot more

If the PS3 were priced much lower, I think Sony would be selling more PS3's rather than PS2's...and they'd be taking more biz away from the Xbox. I'm not nearly so sure they'd be taking a sizeable percentage of Wii customers away given it being marketed as such a different playing experience.

Seems natural that those with a pricing issue with the PS3 are much more likely to turn to the PS2 and Xbox...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

The PS3 would sell more, but Sony would still lose money. They can't just sell it at a lower price to sell more units. It's expensive for a reason, but really, that's Sony's problem.

I'm looking forward to the next game in the Battlefield Series; Battlefield Bad Company. Supposedly they're going to actually have "all destructable environment"-yeah I remember when they said that way back for Halo 2; but that didn't happen. Hopefully with the progression of gaming technology we can actually be able to blow up just about everything in a game.

Bfbc_scans.jpg

people are misunderstanding me. i'm not saying the ps3 should or could be cheaper, i was just saying that the reason it isn't selling so well is because of the price and that if it was cheaper more people would buy it because it is the best console. next year everyone will see that so just wait and see :)

Guest Jack_the_ripper
people are misunderstanding me. i'm not saying the ps3 should or could be cheaper, i was just saying that the reason it isn't selling so well is because of the price and that if it was cheaper more people would buy it because it is the best console. next year everyone will see that so just wait and see :)

no because the Wii Market and PS3 market are just different, even if it was priced the same as the wii, the wii would still outsell. The wii is targeting everyone, as for the PS3 is targetting the Shallow 1337 gamers.

Jack, I'm really starting to get annoyed by your arrogance on the subject of videogames. You put yourself as the high allmighty while everyone ells that enjoys a game is either. Mainstreem, shallow or immature. Why are you so much better then everyone ells? huh?

On topic. Those Battlefield images looks very nice. To bad I don't find much enjoyment in battlefield.