VIDEOGAME Thread...

are the nintendo wii's really as good as people say?

doesn't it get a bit annoying having to act out the game with the controller?

can you sit & play the games normally with the controller? ie, xbox 360

i'm thinking of getting one in the future, could do with some advice & honest reveiws

are the nintendo wii's really as good as people say?

doesn't it get a bit annoying having to act out the game with the controller?

can you sit & play the games normally with the controller? ie, xbox 360

i'm thinking of getting one in the future, could do with some advice & honest reveiws

Well, I think my opinion is unbiased.... but I say Wii's are definetly good.

It depends on the game you get though for interactivity. Some games require a lot of acting out like Wario Ware or Rayman but then others require hardly any (the ocassional flick of the wrist) such as Zelda. I'd say Wii's aren't GREAT or anything but they're definetly worth the money. The only bad thing about Wii's is that there isn't that many good games out for it now... hopefully that'll change soon.

Well I can talk about Wii. And I am probably one of those few that hasn't played much nintendo before. And therefor I don't like it that much. The controller is nice and makes one hell of a first impression (hence the big sales numbers). When you buy the Wii you will probably think that this is the most awsome shit ever made. It's just so cool to control things with the Wiimote. But after playing for a time. It's not the same. Many uses the sensors like it was a button. And that sucks. Shake to hit. Pritty useless.

And some games makes you point the controller on screen some times. And that is REALLY unpractical if you are relaxing laying sideways in the sofa.

But the strength of the Wii is in the partyplay games. They are easy and fun. Wii is the best party console by far.

But if you like playing good adventure games or FPS. then PS3 or 360 might be the thing for you. I personally like the PS3 the most of my consoles. It's just very slick. And the games with the graphics are comming. Some that I think look even better then Gears of War, the flagship of the 360. The developers just have to get used to the hardware and learn how to optimize games for it. Now they just port games from PC or 360. That has a different memory usage. Which makes the game run bad on the PS3 becouse it isn't programmed for it.

Cough GTA4 Cough

PS3 has PS2 Controllers...

PS3 Wins.

360 gets GTA4 to. And the analog sticks on the 360 controller is FAR superior to the one found on the PS3 controller. the R2 and L2 button is also better on the 360.

Cough GTA4 Cough

PS3 Wins.

360 gets GTA4 to. And the analog sticks on the 360 controller is FAR superior to the one found on the PS3 controller. the R2 and L2 button is also better on the 360.

I know - but, PS2 controller > All

I couldn't care less about analog or buttons Brommers - I love the PS controller. I'll go for the PS3 -the way GTA is meant to be played.

There are no good games to buy nowadays, last game i bought was spiderman III and that was a bit of a disappointment.

Am hoping to get some new games soon, notably Guitar Hero: 80s Edition & Guitar Hero III

Whenever and if i ever find £500+ i'll get a PS3, GTA 4, MGS4 just to name a few.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
Cough GTA4 Cough

PS3 Wins.

I know - but, PS2 controller > All

I couldn't care less about analog or buttons Brommers - I love the PS controller. I'll go for the PS3 -the way GTA is meant to be played.

Technically its Snes controller > ALL

Considering the PS controller was designed to have the exact same button configuration as the Snes controller.

But if you like playing good adventure games or FPS. then PS3 or 360 might be the thing for you.

That is so ridiculously wrong, The wii is the FPS machine. Just wait until manhunt2 comes out.

That is so ridiculously wrong, The wii is the FPS machine. Just wait until manhunt2 comes out.

I agree that the Wii is good for FPS becouse of the control. But many games do that horribly. But thank you for not saying I should wait for Metroid for the Wii. As ever other nintendo guy out there.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

I agree that the Wii is good for FPS becouse of the control. But many games do that horribly. But thank you for not saying I should wait for Metroid for the Wii. As ever other nintendo guy out there.

honestly, I really don't like the prime series, and I constantly get shit for it. I find it boring... if I'm playing an fps I want excitement.

honestly, I really don't like the prime series, and I constantly get shit for it. I find it boring... if I'm playing an fps I want excitement.

then you might understand that I don't like Zelda all that much. Although I might just pick it up again sometime soon. Damn summer. Not many good games comming out during summer. Forza and Dirt looks cool.

FPS is action, simply as that.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

then you might understand that I don't like Zelda all that much. Although I might just pick it up again sometime soon. Damn summer. Not many good games comming out during summer. Forza and Dirt looks cool.

FPS is action, simply as that.

Zelda isn't meant for action, it's meant for epicness, of which I'm sure you can agree it does do.

Manhunt 2 on Wii?

That would be sweet - but I honestly don't believe nintendo would put something that violent on...

Manhunt 2 is already confirmed on the wii. It's already been a target of Jack Thompson, saying its a murder simulator since you with your hands are actually doing the motions to kill the people on the screen.

He also tried to sue wendy's saying that wendys supported manhunt 2... this was his "Logical" thinking:

The wii is a console

Manhunt 2 is a video game

manhunt 2 will appear on the wii

Wendy's has wii toys and wii's,

wendy's supports the wii

wendy's supports manhunt 2.

Manhunt 2 on Wii?

That would be sweet - but I honestly don't believe nintendo would put something that violent on...

Manhunt 2 is already confirmed on the wii. It's already been a target of Jack Thompson, saying its a murder simulator since you with your hands are actually doing the motions to kill the people on the screen.

He also tried to sue wendy's saying that wendys supported manhunt 2... this was his "Logical" thinking:

The wii is a console

Manhunt 2 is a video game

manhunt 2 will appear on the wii

Wendy's has wii toys and wii's,

wendy's supports the wii

wendy's supports manhunt 2.

lol, nice!

Zelda isn't meant for action, it's meant for epicness, of which I'm sure you can agree it does do.

Zelda isn't a FPS. So I know it's not meant to be a action game. Unlike what you may think, I'm not stupid. (becouse stupid is as stupid does)

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Zelda isn't a FPS. So I know it's not meant to be a action game. Unlike what you may think, I'm not stupid. (becouse stupid is as stupid does)

you mentioned I might understand why you don't like zelda, assumed you were talking about it was lacking action... however until windwaker I personally didn't like the 3d zeldas that came out... always prefered link to the past as my favorite.

Edited by Jack_the_ripper

you mentioned I might understand why you don't like zelda, assumed you were talking about it was lacking action... however until windwaker I personally didn't like the 3d zeldas that came out... always prefered link to the past as my favorite.

I was refering to not liking a game that everyone ells thinks is top notch. Not the action aspect of it.