VIDEOGAME Thread...

I don't mean to be an ass - but there are a lot of (6 in total) videogame threads on the main page that a lot of people won't be all that interested in. I've merged a couple of the more "general" topics in here, but i'll leave the one on music seperate.

Please don't start another videogame topic if it would be more appropriate in here. ;)

San An was really good. I just used to drive around for fun. I don't know why they are so engrossing. Nothing seems to get boring. Although I did restart it once and couldn't be arsed to complete missions. I just wish there was more to do. You know when uve finished game and are exporting importing cars, and theres a bike challenge in a warehouse nearby? Is that possible to pull off, I've tried a million times to make those jumps but cant manage it?

Guest Jack_the_ripper

woah woah woah.. you just fucked this thread highvoltage, it makes no sense anymore, 1 was about 3 party developers, and another was about zelda chronology... thanks for ruining a good thing.

woah woah woah.. you just fucked this thread highvoltage, it makes no sense anymore, 1 was about 3 party developers, and another was about zelda chronology... thanks for ruining a good thing.

Yeah dude - they're all about videogames. If you want to make lots and lots of specific videogame threads, then do it at a videogame forum.

We did the same thing to the soccer fans and they got used to it. I'm sure you'll manage.

Pfft...too much of a 'hardcore gamer' to play Rockstar games :rolleyes:, the GTA games are just about the best games ever.

Sorry, I like games that take a degree of skill to play. Go use some more auto aim and infinite health cheat codes.

Coming from the guy decked out in Halo stuff.....

Knocking one of the best 3rd party developers around right now just because a few of their games arn't hardcore enough for you is completely ridiculous.

you are on crack if you honestly think that rockstar is the best 3rd party developer.

I also very much agree with substance, it takes no skills to play GTA, any self respecting gamer would over look it.

Halo is a much more respectable franchise, try to play against some of those kids online, I have trouble keeping up.

Now hpow do you know what any self respecting gamer would, or would not do? I know people who die for gaming, that love GTA.. hell, I die for gaming.. but I like a game I can sit down, smoke a joint and just play.. no strategy, no objective (unless I choose), and I can do what I want.. Sometimes I just like blowing hsit up and being the baddest cock on the walk, if you know what I mean... GTA does that.. I can name tons of people who play halo and world of war craft, call of duty, the sims, resident evil... and they all love GTA also... because sometimes it's good to just be midnless and violent on a bvad day... now just because you don't personally care for teh game, doesnt mean that rest of us hardcore gamer's arent selfrespecting just because we like GTA.. perhaps for not liking GTA, you arent as hardcore of a gamer as you think, and arent as self respecting as you believe for teh simple fact that you cant make your self learn to accept that this game is one of the most popular games around, and regardless of how dull and mindless.. and no matter how mucvh it lacks the need for strategy and "substance" as you claim... people just love this game... so perhaps mr "i'mma a hardcore gamer I drink 2 cases of mountain dew a day and wear a cathader so I don;t ahve to pause it to go pee", maybe you should come off your high horse and just get over it and yourself...

Guest Jack_the_ripper

I realise that GTA is a very popular game, but since when does popularity mean that somethings good? think about it in highschool terms.

also the claim was that rockstar is the best developer, when really with companies like Capcom, Square-enix, Ubisoft, Konami etc. around, it will never have that status.

gta is good but not the best. in fact san andreas is the only one that is great. metal gear solid, hitman and tomb raider are great games. i like the tom clancy games too, although they wouldn't be the best either

Guest Jack_the_ripper

its one of nintendo's best franchises, of course they are going to come out with mario kart on the wii.

Whoa, slow down now, hotshots.

Why, and I ask again, why in the name of hell no one has mentioned Baldurs Gate 2 or Fallout 1 & 2?! BG2 and Fallout 2 are probably my most played games ever, especially Baldur, which I can't get over of how good it is.

Making a top 10 list for me would be impossible, but here are my top games of all time (no order):

Final Fantasy II & III

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (the game that got me really into gaming)

Metal Gear Solid

Baldurs Gate 2

Fallout 1 & 2

Super Mario 3

Goldeneye

Deus Ex

Heroes 3

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon

Tomb Raider 2

GTA Vice City & San Andreas

Breath of Fire II

I'm not counting the sports games, tho I love them too.