VIDEOGAME Thread...

Cough GTA4 Cough

PS3 has PS2 Controllers...

PS3 Wins.

360 gets GTA4 to. And the analog sticks on the 360 controller is FAR superior to the one found on the PS3 controller. the R2 and L2 button is also better on the 360.

i dislike the 360 controller, its pretty big to hold. i don't like having to grab a control and hold it tight, with the ps controler i can easily balence it on my hand. if that makes any sense :huh:

once again MGS4 is coming on ps3 only so ps3 wins :xmasssanta:

once again MGS4 is coming on ps3 only so ps3 wins :xmasssanta:

that is the very reason I'll be getting one..

that game is going to fuckin' kill..

yea the metal gear series kicks bigtime ass!

i need to cough up the dough tho if i want to be getting a ps3 anytime soon! <_<

Guest Jack_the_ripper

you guys realize what you saw in MGS 4 wasn't really in-game right? I believe cinematics for the most part hinder the experience of video games... if I want to watch something I'll watch a movie, I want to play video games.

you guys realize what you saw in MGS 4 wasn't really in-game right? I believe cinematics for the most part hinder the experience of video games... if I want to watch something I'll watch a movie, I want to play video games.

the cinematics are a bit long at times and the story isn't the easiest to follow but everytime i finish a MGS i go :o

the boss's in the game are great and i love the way its all one big level as apposed to 9 small levels like almost every other game like it is ;)

MGS3 was just brilliant, the medical and food suply thing was fun and the sniper battle ruled! the camoflauge was cool too

Guest Jack_the_ripper

the cinematics are a bit long at times and the story isn't the easiest to follow but everytime i finish a MGS i go :o

the boss's in the game are great and i love the way its all one big level as apposed to 9 small levels like almost every other game like it is ;)

MGS3 was just brilliant, the medical and food suply thing was fun and the sniper battle ruled! the camoflauge was cool too

I wasn't refering to just MGS, I meant Square games as well, etc.

Out of curiosity, has anyone here ever played the game Beyond Good & Evil.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

well Bach doesn't like it, he says he doesn't like games that come out from france (In other words ubisoft games) however I think its realistically the most epic game on the market... However it did horrible sales wise even though it's extremely critically acclaimed... It was meant to be a trilogy, however alas I doubt thats happening because ubisoft don't want to finance it.

Okami got great great reviews... however to me it looks like the wolf part of twilight.

Edited by Jack_the_ripper

I've been meaning to get a Tony Hawk game on ps2, the last one I got was Tony Hawk 2 on the DC and I played the first couple to death but I never really played any more recent one. I've heard the later ones are a bit different I'd like to hear what y'all think about the series? I loved the tricks and the soundtracks, The half pipe in the Bull Ring in TH2 was kickass I landed a few 900's back to back there.

I've been meaning to get a Tony Hawk game on ps2, the last one I got was Tony Hawk 2 on the DC and I played the first couple to death but I never really played any more recent one. I've heard the later ones are a bit different I'd like to hear what y'all think about the series? I loved the tricks and the soundtracks, The half pipe in the Bull Ring in TH2 was kickass I landed a few 900's back to back there.

Well I will give you a cuple of Tony Hawk tips. I would recomend Tony Hawk 4 and underground. (not underground 2) becouse after underground, the series just got bad. Really bad. The story in underground is good and makes for a good replay value. The story in Underground 2 is just fun if Jackass is the most important thing in your life.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 is massive. It has alot of goal. It is free roaming. And only timed by the indivitually challanges. So, so long 2 min run.

Over to Okami, I think it looks kinda like that to. But I belive my friend is more into that kinda thing. He loves anime and japanese RPG.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Well I will give you a cuple of Tony Hawk tips. I would recomend Tony Hawk 4 and underground. (not underground 2) becouse after underground, the series just got bad. Really bad. The story in underground is good and makes for a good replay value. The story in Underground 2 is just fun if Jackass is the most important thing in your life.

Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 is massive. It has alot of goal. It is free roaming. And only timed by the indivitually challanges. So, so long 2 min run.

Over to Okami, I think it looks kinda like that to. But I belive my friend is more into that kinda thing. He loves anime and japanese RPG.

I have to agree about that, It just became shit after underground (even though American Sk8land on the DS was good.)

and then I suppose the games for him... its gotten incredible reviews, but like I said, to me its a little bit too "Twilight Realm" for my liking.

Im looking forward to Splinter Cell: Conviction. It looks like a rip off that stealth ninja game but I don't care. Oh and GTA4 - obviously.

as am i but i was dissapointed with the 360 version of double agent. its impossible to sneak past people on a bright day and surrounded by lots of people ;)

the ps2 version rocked though

actually i didnt realise that in double agnet on xbox360. Loved it. I was stunned by the visuals. The new one sounds like The Fugitive, on the run. I looked at some pics other day looks nice.

Tony Hawks 4 for the win - great game. Some irritating bits and pieces though :/

Erm, hoping to get Vice City Stories soon - any good?

do not get VC stories! it is so so so so shit. very poor game. it ruined the original VC for me, the story is shit too. i always found the tony hawks games fun but very short

Tony Hawks 4 for the win - great game. Some irritating bits and pieces though :/

Erm, hoping to get Vice City Stories soon - any good?

do not get VC stories! it is so so so so shit. very poor game. it ruined the original VC for me, the story is shit too. i always found the tony hawks games fun but very short

But, it's £15 quid, and you can swim :D

Guest Jack_the_ripper

The Bigs on wii will be an insane title. Full motion sensing baseball game... beats the crap out of the PS3 version... has anyone tried it... disgusting... I couldn't even swing with that piece of shit controller.

Oh and here, last weeks sales numbers in japan:

Hardware - This Week | Last Week | Total 2007 Sales | Lifetime Sales

1.) Nintendo DS Lite - 127,461 | 111,213 | 3,288,887 | 10,427,088

2.) Wii - 58,644 | 52,193 | 1,615,553 | 2,535,196

3.) PlayStation Portable - 26,097 | 27,505 | 927,430 | 5,459,559

4.) PlayStation 2 - 11,311 | 10,881 | 357,210 | 20,512,069

5.) PlayStation 3 - 9,627 | 8,659 | 444,181 | 901,739

6.) Xbox 360 - 2,044 | 2,026 | 99,725 | 364,427

7.) Game Boy micro - 407 | 428 | 18,781 | 588,522

8.) Game Boy Advance SP - 288 | 330 | 16,466 | 5,942,191

9.) GameCube - 256 | 276 | 7,610 | 4,177,078

10.) Nintendo DS - 81 | 26 | 2,041 | 6,974,570