VIDEOGAME Thread...

I've never really played a Wii, and I love Gears of War.

360 is the way to go. Your an average male in the age of 18-22. The 360 is made for you man. Your microsofts main target group.

360 is the way to go. Your an average male in the age of 18-22. The 360 is made for you man. Your microsofts main target group.

Cool. The only thing that would make me go for the Wii is like, Smash and Mario party if those are out yet for it. Cause those are awesome to play at school.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Cool. The only thing that would make me go for the Wii is like, Smash and Mario party if those are out yet for it. Cause those are awesome to play at school.

mario party just so happened to be released this week, and smash brawl will see the dawn of day before the end of the year. In fact the "big 3" are suppose to be released before the end of the year (Brawl, Mario Galaxy, and metroid prime 3.)

mario party just so happened to be released this week, and smash brawl will see the dawn of day before the end of the year. In fact the "big 3" are suppose to be released before the end of the year (Brawl, Mario Galaxy, and metroid prime 3.)

See those two games might make me get a Wii. Those would be awesome at school.

I'm replaying Xenogears again, since I actually have the time to now. Yeah, it might be considered old to some people, (hitting its tenth anniversary next year) but it's quite arguably the best game of all time.

EDIT: As for the whole Zelda thing, I actually loved the 3D Zeldas a lot. I always feel like I'm one of the few that LOVED Majora's Mask. It was refreshing because it was different enough story-wise than most other Zelda games.

Edited by Kaleigh

I'm replaying Xenogears again, since I actually have the time to now. Yeah, it might be considered old to some people, (hitting its tenth anniversary next year) but it's quite arguably the best game of all time.

EDIT: As for the whole Zelda thing, I actually loved the 3D Zeldas a lot. I always feel like I'm one of the few that LOVED Majora's Mask. It was refreshing because it was different enough story-wise than most other Zelda games.

Yes! MM is my joint favourite with OOT. A lot of people don't like it because it doesn't follow the typical Zelda trends but that's what makes it better I think.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Twilight princess is quite exceptional... so it Windwaker, don't be taken back by the cartoonyness of it though... its actually a very good game. (you'll need a gamecube controller for it though.)

Played Trauma Center for the wii for the most of the day, exceptional game.

Bromle, I got my wii today, and was playing it lying down, I don't understand your complaint.

does anyone have the specs needed for battlefield 2? i'm going to buy it tommorrow if it works on my laptop

Minimum Requirements:

(subject to change):

Windows XP

P4 1.2 GHz or equivalent

512MB RAM

64MB DirectX 9 video card

Broadband Internet connection

DVD-ROM drive (for DVD version)

http://uk.pc.ign.com/objects/677/677882.html

Oh, btw - does anyone know what the most popular/sold pc game of all time is?

is it true that mgs4 is no longer exclusive to ps3?

No, but Jack the Ripper will tell you otherwise and he will claim to have sources. That really doesn't matter. It's all speculation from everybody.

As it is now, it's still PS3 exclusive.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
does anyone have the specs needed for battlefield 2? i'm going to buy it tommorrow if it works on my laptop

Minimum Requirements:

(subject to change):

Windows XP

P4 1.2 GHz or equivalent

512MB RAM

my assumption is it would be starcraft, but since I'm a console gamer, I have no clue in all honesty.

and bromle, wait until E3.

Minimum Requirements:

(subject to change):

Windows XP

P4 1.2 GHz or equivalent

512MB RAM

my assumption is it would be starcraft, but since I'm a console gamer, I have no clue in all honesty.

and bromle, wait until E3.

Youtube

Guest Jack_the_ripper

as I said, wait until E3... Microsoft are announcing a huge Kojima franchise for 360.... whats bigger from Kojima then MGS4?

It's all still under NDA they are going to deny it until a full reveal is planned.

For the record, even if MGS4 is PS3 exclusive... no other Console in history has ever had only 1 pillar and survived.. other then the xbox of course.

Minimum Requirements:

(subject to change):

Windows XP

P4 1.2 GHz or equivalent

512MB RAM

IGN ranks that as most popular at the moment.

I'm arguing with a "mate" that Counter Strike is - original, as opposed to WOW. Wikipedia says that too lol. But, I'm pretty damn sure it is. But, can anyone please provide a source?

Right, this says: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-...ellers_by_genre

WOW has sold half a million more than Original Half Life - if that's true, CS would pwn it.

On CS:

"As of May 2006, Counter-Strike is still the most widely played online first-person shooter in the world. In 2002 there were over 30,000 populated Counter-Strike servers on the Internet (second place was Unreal Tournament with about 9,800). In 2004, GameSpy statistics showed over 85,000 players simultaneously playing Counter-Strike at any point in time, and in 2006, Steam regularly shows over 200,000 players for Counter-Strike[1] (this includes Counter-Strike: Source, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero and Counter-Strike). According to statistics gathered by Valve's content-delivery platform, Steam, these players collectively contribute to over 6.177 billion minutes of playing time each month, as of February 5, 2007[1], solidifying its position as the most popular online first-person shooter."

CS is still better than WOW

Edited by The Sandman

I see a lot of people saying CS sucks, particularly CS:S I just can't understand it, I played it since the late beta stages and I've always found it enjoyable. It's balanced for both sides, it's mostly skillbased (apart from the AWM/P probably), it has good graphics, the physics work, it's fast paced and thus not boring, easy to learn to play but hard to master, you can always play it... what's there not to like?