VIDEOGAME Thread...

CS defeats the philosophy and purpose of gaming: telling a story.

Terrorists have a plot, to not bother with any objectives and just run around, CT's have the objective to run around - and shoot at anything that moves... or doesn't move.

That's a story

Jack, what is the point in Wii sports? Or the Wii console... does that get the "gaming" tag?

Edited by The Sandman

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Terrorists have a plot, to not bother with any objectives and just run around, CT's have the objective to run around - and shoot at anything that moves... or doesn't move.

That's a story

Jack, what is the point in Wii sports? Or the Wii console... does that get the "gaming" tag?

wii sports is a demonstration as to what the controller can do.

However, my biggest problem with CS is not the actual game... rather the people playing it. I don't want to play a game and have to hear "PWNED" and shit like that. 1337 speak is absolutely lame, and thats my biggest problem with CS (same goes for WOW and other online games)

I think it's funny that he means that telling a story is the most important aspect of a game. And he is a nintendo guy. The one console that gives out most party games without any solid story whatsoever. Most mario games, rayman, wii sport and the list goes on.

Your thinking about books, they are there to either raise awarness or tell a story. Games is about having fun or exploring something (might be a story)

PS3 is the story console by far. Many 360 games can be summed up with one word, Terrorist. And there you have the plot for some of the best selling games on the system. GRAW one and two. Rainbow six vegas. Splinter Cell etc.

That's a story

:rofl-lol:

So it's a demo, not a game?

However, my biggest problem with CS is not the actual game... rather the people playing it. I don't want to play a game and have to hear "PWNED" and shit like that. 1337 speak is absolutely lame, and thats my biggest problem with CS (same goes for WOW and other online games)

I hate that too - I usually go on maturish servers, where that doesn't happen - or play in clan matches, where it definately doesn't.

I hate that too - I usually go on maturish servers, where that doesn't happen - or play in clan matches, where it definately doesn't.

Yeah, that's the worst thing about CS I tend not to speak much, but I generally go the same servers which I know don't get this too bad.

As for telling a story, what you have to remember is CS is multiplayer, how many internet based multiplayer games tell a story? The story is Half-Life, CS and CS:S are a multiplayer of these that isn't the lame-ass deathmatch.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

yes wii sport is a demo, nothing more, its why it comes packaged.

and I go to my friends house, and its great to kill time... Just the kids on there really put me off of playing it. However, I really don't spend much time on online multiplayer games, I just get bored of them... the one that really kept me enticed for a long time (hell I'd still play it if people were still on the servers) was battlefield 1942.

Wii controller kills me. But for monkeys who don't play games it makes sense. Point the controller at the screen. Woo-weee!! It moved!! Press a button. It started!!! Oh, bowling?!! I love bowling!!! Honey, the Wee has bowling!!!! You weed in the bowl? No sex for you tonite.

It does hurt holding my flabby arm up on the screen for long periods.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
Wii controller kills me. But for monkeys who don't play games it makes sense. Point the controller at the screen. Woo-weee!! It moved!! Press a button. It started!!! Oh, bowling?!! I love bowling!!! Honey, the Wee has bowling!!!! You weed in the bowl? No sex for you tonite.

It does hurt holding my flabby arm up on the screen for long periods.

your an idiot. flat out.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

HV the purpose of gaming is whatever the individual wants.

Sony's in big trouble:

Sony's U.S. video-game unit is cutting jobs to become more competitive, the company said Thursday, as the PlayStation 3 machine struggles against rival offerings from Microsoft and Nintendo.

Numbers and other details aren't being disclosed about the employee reductions at Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. in the U.S., which began Wednesday, said spokeswoman Sayoka Henmi in Tokyo.

The job cuts in the U.S. follow those in Europe in April, but no cuts are planned for Japan, she said.

"The goal is to reform the organisation," she said.

Sony Corp. officials have said that changes are in order to adjust to the needs of the industry, as people increasingly use their machines for linking to the Internet, watching video, listening to music or looking at photos, not just playing games.

The PlayStation 3, which competes against Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox 360 and Nintendo Co.'s Wii, went on sale in November in Japan and the U.S., and in March in Europe.

Tokyo-based Sony shipped 5.5 million PS3 machines in the fiscal year through March 31, fewer than the 6 million the company had targeted.

Nintendo, the Kyoto-based maker of Super Mario and Pokemon games and Game Boy Advance machines, shipped 5.84 million Wii consoles worldwide during the same period. The Wii, which went on sale late last year worldwide, has done very well, winning over the elderly and other newcomers to games with a wandlike remote-control that can be used for fishing, tennis and other easy-to-play games.

Sony isn't expecting to post a profit in its game business until the fiscal year ending March 2009.

U.S. software company Microsoft is expecting to have sold 12 million Xbox 360 consoles by June. The machine went on sale in 2005.

In recent years, Sony has been restructuring and playing catch-up to improve profit in its core electronics division. But the hefty startup costs for the PS3 are weighing heavily on its revival efforts

source

Yeah, that's the worst thing about CS I tend not to speak much, but I generally go the same servers which I know don't get this too bad.

As for telling a story, what you have to remember is CS is multiplayer, how many internet based multiplayer games tell a story? The story is Half-Life, CS and CS:S are a multiplayer of these that isn't the lame-ass deathmatch.

Yeah, you get those kids, or those who are clearly beginners - like there is practically just one server I play on, and I know virtually everyone on there. And like I said, I'm clanned - so I'm playing matches semi-regularly against decent opposition.

Not to be racist but I hate those crack smokin' gentlemen from south central who barrack you in between chainsawing me on Gears of War - I can't even tell wat they saying but they're like a team sent to slaughter everyone. Then there's always some white trash guy muttering inthe background lol. It lowers the tone and crushes the atmosphere of the game. I am shit at Gears tho.

I never got into CS mostly of the fact that it sucks for beginners. I'll be in a game for about 3 mins and already be 2-18. Or maybe its just 'cause I suck. :ph34r:

Anyhoo, just wanted to say I rented Super Paper Mario yesterday and am really enjoying it so far. I was getting dissapointed at the lack of great games for the Wii lately but luckily this game made up for it. :wub:

Guest Jack_the_ripper
I never got into CS mostly of the fact that it sucks for beginners. I'll be in a game for about 3 mins and already be 2-18. Or maybe its just 'cause I suck. :ph34r:

Anyhoo, just wanted to say I rented Super Paper Mario yesterday and am really enjoying it so far. I was getting dissapointed at the lack of great games for the Wii lately but luckily this game made up for it. :wub:

wait until Q3 comes around, it'll blow your mind... you won't have enough money for everything coming out haha!

That's a story

i agree! i hate all that "noob" and "uber pognage" talk!!!!

What I don't get with GOW is that with all the heavy duty weaponary the multiplayer game just descends into people running at each other trying to get close enough to pistol whip them.

There's no stratergy, just get the scope gun.

Wouldn't it be more dramatic to have this ongoing dog fight across these landscapes. Instead, you just go skipping off to find a big ass gun then run like a headless chicken at some guy who hasnt mastered the control system yet and decapitate him with the butt of you gun.

http://uk.gamespot.com/video/0/6172023/autoplay-video

too bad the 360 lost this exlusive eh? ;) this new trailer seriously rocks

should I even ask why your looking forward to such bad games? I'm fairly sure the wii has a game like this coming out, its just more artistically stunning, and way more violent and gory.

does it involve horribly animated mushroom charachters on a pointless search for a golden nugget? the wii is a novelty, as far as i'm concerned there are 2 main consoles, the 360 and the ps3. if the wii wasn't so cheap it wouldn't sell so well

Guest Jack_the_ripper
http://uk.gamespot.com/video/0/6172023/autoplay-video

too bad the 360 lost this exlusive eh? ;) this new trailer seriously rocks

should I even ask why your looking forward to such bad games? I'm fairly sure the wii has a game like this coming out, its just more artistically stunning, and way more violent and gory.

does it involve horribly animated mushroom charachters on a pointless search for a golden nugget? the wii is a novelty, as far as i'm concerned there are 2 main consoles, the 360 and the ps3. if the wii wasn't so cheap it wouldn't sell so well

If its such a novelty, how come Microsoft are trying to take Nintendo's example by copying them. Go play crackdown or something.

The game I'm talking about is called No More Heroes, and your not gonna see games much more violent then this.