VIDEOGAME Thread...

Anyone plan on getting Assassin's Creed 2? I'm a bit disappointed you don't get to play as the guy from the first, myself.

What, you don't play as Altair? Weird...

Not sure if I'll be getting it, there are so many games coming out and aready out that I need to get, but I did really enjoy the first one even if it was a little repetitive at times. I think I'll wait for some gameplay vids before I decide whether I get it or not.

Why be disappointed over not playing Altair?

The guy had no personality or character development whatsoever.

I much prefer the design of the new character.

Anyone plan on getting Assassin's Creed 2? I'm a bit disappointed you don't get to play as the guy from the first, myself.

Not sure if I'll be getting it, there are so many games coming out and aready out that I need to get, but I did really enjoy the first one even if it was a little repetitive at times. I think I'll wait for some gameplay vids before I decide whether I get it or not.

I guess it's because I started to like him as I played as him. Like, when they changed the way Mega Man looked years ago, I never picked up another game, and you can argue the new one looked better. :shrugs:

I guess it's because I started to like him as I played as him. Like, when they changed the way Mega Man looked years ago, I never picked up another game, and you can argue the new one looked better. :shrugs:

Well, the only way you would be able to play as Altair would be if he was nonhuman and could live thousands of years. Or, if the game stayed in the first period it took place, which I'm glad it doesn't because the new one looks amazing.

Altair was basically just one memory of Desmond, and this new guy, Ezio, is another one.

Can't wait for the game!

I hope for three things in AC2:

1) More variation in the missions/executions

2) Better cutscenes (not the lame semi-interactive crap)

3) The possibility to ride your horse at a decent pace without being attacked. "HEY, THAT DUDE IS RIDING HIS HORSE A WEE BIT FAST DONTCHA THINK?! ATTACH HIM!"

so whats everyones favourite under-rated game of 2008-2009 (so far)? mine will have to be saints row 2. its everything fun they took out of gta 4. the story is a bit weak alright, but if the game was bigger(in terms of land area and weapons) then it'd would have been a 9 out of 10 game

Been having a feeling of nostalgia and have decided to play some PS2 games. Fighting games on that system were some of the best like Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 and Tekken Tag Tournament. Have to say playing video games was more fun back then with arcades too.

• 2 weeks later...
Been having a feeling of nostalgia and have decided to play some PS2 games. Fighting games on that system were some of the best like Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 and Tekken Tag Tournament. Have to say playing video games was more fun back then with arcades too.

I absolutely loved Marvel Vs. Capcom. I used to play that for hours a day.

its funny how PS2 is now nostalgic. i remember when the n64 blew my mind. i could go for some goldeneye.

Edited by Jackie Moon

its funny how PS2 is now nostalgic. i remember when the n64 blew my mind. i could go for some goldeneye.

Replaying the Banjo games on the Xbox 360 arcade brings back good memories

Is Banjo Tooie on it yet?

I have Banjo Kazooie and Nuts and Bolts, but not the 2nd. I have it for N64, but I want it for 360.

Is Banjo Tooie on it yet?

I have Banjo Kazooie and Nuts and Bolts, but not the 2nd. I have it for N64, but I want it for 360.

Yeah it came out on Wednesday!

started playing dead rising again. i can get over the extremely annoying save game system, but why oh why can't i turn off those stupd calls from otis? they're so annoying and i can't even read them because i don't have a hd tv. then if you think you can just hang up on him, to defend yourself against zombies, think again, cause he'll keep ringing back until you read his full message!

i hope in the new game you've more time to do stuff

started playing dead rising again. i can get over the extremely annoying save game system, but why oh why can't i turn off those stupd calls from otis? they're so annoying and i can't even read them because i don't have a hd tv. then if you think you can just hang up on him, to defend yourself against zombies, think again, cause he'll keep ringing back until you read his full message!

i hope in the new game you've more time to do stuff

I think the only problem with the 360 version is if your trying to rescue people and complete missions it can be quite hard

the wii version is supposed to solve the time problem and otis's annoying phone calls

with the save game system you have to be very careful you leave yourself enough time to complete the mission so you don't lose the story.

Dead Rising 2 looks pretty awesome. Never played the first one though. But, I'll most likely end up getting the second.

Also, the Wolverine game came out. It looks pretty awesome actually.

I think Dead Rising 2 looks awesome in the trailer hopefully it lives up to the name

you'll all be happy to know i just eliminated pittsburgh in the first round of the playoffs in nhl 09.

crosby and malkin are good but they were no match for montreals star goaltender "matt daubs", who is of course rated a 99 in every catergory.

just like in real life.