VIDEOGAME Thread...

people still buy games for their psps?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i also try to buy movies as often as i can for it now that they are all cheap thank you very much!

well its just so much cheaper to download everything for the psp.

i wanna do that but i know ill just fuck up my psp trying to mod it.

Kind of the same subject, but what console should I get.... PS3 or Xbox 360???? Obviously, a Wii is an essential purchase (if you have yet to play on one you have to try it. Mario & Sonic Olympics is brilliant!!), and is on its way, but I want one of the other two as well ^_^

So, Ive played on both, but still dont know. Fifa on ps3 is mint, but Call of Duty 4 on 360 is incedible. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Grimo.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
Kind of the same subject, but what console should I get.... PS3 or Xbox 360???? Obviously, a Wii is an essential purchase (if you have yet to play on one you have to try it. Mario & Sonic Olympics is brilliant!!), and is on its way, but I want one of the other two as well ^_^

So, Ive played on both, but still dont know. Fifa on ps3 is mint, but Call of Duty 4 on 360 is incedible. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Grimo.

that's a tough 1... I'd say 360 as it does have the better exclusives as we speak, and the only mentionable exclusives the ps3 will have is mgs4 and ffxiii... neither really worth that much of a look unless your a generic anime fan who cuts himself to linkin park music.. because he tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end, it didn't even matter.

Grimo.

that's a tough 1... I'd say 360 as it does have the better exclusives as we speak, and the only mentionable exclusives the ps3 will have is mgs4 and ffxiii... neither really worth that much of a look unless your a generic anime fan who cuts himself to linkin park music.. because he tried so hard, and got so far, but in the end, it didn't even matter.

Most of the titles that are Xbox exclusive is destined to end up on the PS3 later on, Now that both Bizzar creations and bioware is off the microsoft brand, both PGR and Mass effect will be multiplatform. And most third party games will come on both consoles. As for the exlusives, the PS3 is just lineing them up. 360 have had a good run for a few years now, but PS3 is now getting cheap enough to join the race.

Grimo.

its down to preference really, i wouldn't take the advice of people on the internet seriously though, there's alot of made up "facts" about exclusives and the likes. both Fifa and COD4 are on both consoles. for hardware the ps3 is better and it will last longer because it was built to be competetive for 10 years before they bring out a new console, the 360 isn't as powerful which means it can compete with the ps3 now but in a few years they will have to release a new one to keep up. not saying that is a bad thing, it's just a different strategy. its really just down to your preference

i love COD4 but i'm a little dissapointed with the online mode, sometimes i have to wait too long to get into a game and then the host leaves :fuckyou: but its not that different from other games online. it's good and i love it but i'm guessing i'll get bored of it in a few weeks. UT3 is going to be my next buy :xmasssanta:

Grimo.

Xbox will be obsolete in 2008 or 2009. You know how microsoft works <_<

That said, it has more exclusives and the multiplats are better as of now.

Maybe you should look at watch games you want to play - what's on PS3, what's on 360. Also how much you care about online play, downloading demos etc . I know 360 has it down, not sure where PS3 is on that. Having a 360 I don't know why I would get a PS3 - they need some exclusive titles that make me want to get one.

Maybe you should look at watch games you want to play - what's on PS3, what's on 360. Also how much you care about online play, downloading demos etc . I know 360 has it down, not sure where PS3 is on that. Having a 360 I don't know why I would get a PS3 - they need some exclusive titles that make me want to get one.

at the moment i will admit that xbox live is better than the PSN. at the moment. however the PSN is great for a free service and it's only temporary. Sony are due to release HOME soon for free which will dramatically change online communites and they are also planning a total revamp which will "rival both i tunes and xbox live". you just have to give them time

So I got RE4: Wii Edition and Super Mario Galaxy for Xmas.

Haven't played RE4 yet, but Super Mario Galaxy is damn addictive, if a little repetitive.

I' currently on 58 Power Stars, and I've collected 4 Grand Stars.

That level where you have to race that giant Boo (Ghost) by clinging onto those Pull Stars was a bastard wasn't it?

Grimo.

Most of the titles that are Xbox exclusive is destined to end up on the PS3 later on, Now that both Bizzar creations and bioware is off the microsoft brand, both PGR and Mass effect will be multiplatform. And most third party games will come on both consoles. As for the exlusives, the PS3 is just lineing them up. 360 have had a good run for a few years now, but PS3 is now getting cheap enough to join the race.

PGR and Mass Effect wont be multiplatform because Microsoft own the rights to the game they just dont develop the game itself like with Halo, now Bungie is independent it cannot release Halo on any console it wants because Microsoft owns the right to publish the game...

On a different note i got call of duty 4 the other day and its insane online...

This i prefer it to Halo to be honest like i also love Rainbow 6 3 when that came out and it reminds me of it alot online.

Edited by Martoine

My brother is picking up my PS3 later tonight when he gets off work and then he's going over to my other brothers house to pick up Assassian's Creed, Call of Duty 4, and Skate 'cos he can't play them.

I can't wait. :)

reading that reply has made me think of something now...

at the moment we have three highly competitive consoles. The Wii, 360 and PS3...

say what you want about the consoles but in my opinion it is a golden age of gaming...

the consoles are pushing boundaries further and with three quality consoles the exclusives are going to be improving in order to attract customers...

it is better than in 2001 when the dreamcast died a death and the PS2 just dominated before the Gamecube and the Xbox...

at the moment we can all enjoy our games and i for one dont want to get dragged into a console war argument. I for one am very happy wuth my 360 and good on anyone who wants different consoles its their choice noone elses.

My brother is picking up my PS3 later tonight when he gets off work and then he's going over to my other brothers house to pick up Assassian's Creed, Call of Duty 4, and Skate 'cos he can't play them.

at the moment we have three highly competitive consoles. The Wii, 360 and PS3...

say what you want about the consoles but in my opinion it is a golden age of gaming...

the consoles are pushing boundaries further and with three quality consoles the exclusives are going to be improving in order to attract customers...

it is better than in 2001 when the dreamcast died a death and the PS2 just dominated before the Gamecube and the Xbox...

at the moment we can all enjoy our games and i for one dont want to get dragged into a console war argument. I for one am very happy wuth my 360 and good on anyone who wants different consoles its their choice noone elses.

Exactly. I hate when people try to fight about which system is better. It's your opinion which system is better, theres nothing really certifying just one great system.

Exactly. I hate when people try to fight about which system is better. It's your opinion which system is better, theres nothing really certifying just one great system.

To Jack, it isn't opinion, but fact.

Just be like me, and embrace 'em all aye?

Really well said :)

Really well said :)

Agreed, I'm more than happy with my 360, and I've played the other two and they're both brilliant consoles.

God damn you lithium, I forgot about creed!

Im going to have to play it now! :wub:

assasins creed was brilliant at first, i remember sticking up for it in this thread alot. then i played about 2 thirds of it and changed my mind. i have faith they will fix all problems for assasins creed 2

assasins creed was brilliant at first, i remember sticking up for it in this thread alot. then i played about 2 thirds of it and changed my mind. i have faith they will fix all problems for assasins creed 2

How come you changed your mind? (No big spoilers please!) IU heard it gets a little repetitive at times, but I'm going to play through it no matter what 'cos I don't have to buy it. I'm just borrowing it from my brother.

How come you changed your mind? (No big spoilers please!) IU heard it gets a little repetitive at times, but I'm going to play through it no matter what 'cos I don't have to buy it. I'm just borrowing it from my brother.

Graphically it's quite impressive and the physics are impressive it's like a 12th century matrix. However the game is just pretty boring to put it basically. Boring storyline which didn't keep me interested and throughout the game your basically doing the exact same thing over and over the again, then it end's to a ending that couldn't hint more to a sequel if it wanted to.

Graphically it's quite impressive and the physics are impressive it's like a 12th century matrix. However the game is just pretty boring to put it basically. Boring storyline which didn't keep me interested and throughout the game your basically doing the exact same thing over and over the again, then it end's to a ending that couldn't hint more to a sequel if it wanted to.

Thanks for the explaination. :)

Like I said though, I'm still going to play through it since I don't have to buy it or rent it, I get to borrow it for free. ^_^