VIDEOGAME Thread...

I hope it's terrible and you change your username.

:rofl-lol: Anyway, thnx for your advise. I'm reading about the game. Does anyone know about combat in this game? I know graphics and gameplay is amazing, like prince of persia (best games ever) but im not so clear abot how he fight and how each button controls a part of his body.

It's better on the x-box than the ps3. The controls are kinda shoddy and the gameplay is rather repetitive according to the reviews...I just skipped it and went for Unreal Tournament 3

i found that both are the exact same ;) unless you're refering to the false video some gaming sites were hosting.

i loved the game at first but after a short while it got far too repetative and it has a terrible ending. you get built up for the ending but get let down serverly. gameplay is far to easy and so it the combat. it sounds like a small thing to pick on but they don't let you skip dialouge, this means when yyou save a citizen you have to stand and listen to the same thing over and over :sleeper: and some of the dialouge goes on for a long time. it is well made and i know they will improve with the second and third games but this is definetly not what i expected and definetly not a 9 out of 10

i'd give it a 7.5

this christmas there's alot more games to buy that are better

It's better on the x-box than the ps3. The controls are kinda shoddy and the gameplay is rather repetitive according to the reviews...I just skipped it and went for Unreal Tournament 3

Gamespot says PS3 version is better...

Anyway, my roommate works at gamespot and he can check any game out at any time, so I grabbed it up on ps3.

The controls are fine, but the fighting is bad, like, really bad. You can easily just kill everyone with the sword (including the guards) instead of sneaking around like an assassin would. It's sorta like GTA without cars and the ability to kill enough policemen that they give up.

It looks very cool, for the most part, there's pretty much no color, though. like seriously, a lot of the game is almost in black and white. It takes an hour or so to finally get to the killin.

Basically, don't buy it, rent it. UT3 and Uncharted kick ass, though.

On superstar mode, I have already finsihed my first year and I'm trying to get to the next one. As I try to simulate to the next one it won't move on to the next month! Does anyone know what I'm talking about? If anyone needs for me to be more specific, please tell me.

Edited by coolio GNR

Did you sim everything on the last day of the month?

Usually it will take you to the next month or part of the season. (btw - it's really, really slow)

I've been having problems with Madden freezing on me lately. In franchise mode, I've simmed my way up until 2018, and now whenever I try to simulate a game, it'll just freeze. It's odd too, because I'm at 2018 on that franchise, but I also used a different franchise and got up until 2015 or so, and it freezes there.

Oh, and the stats are so unrealistic in this game. Most QB's have a 120 QB rating and throw like 50 TD's to 2 Ints.

This game isn't as good as I thought it would be. I kinda want to switch back to '07.

Did you sim everything on the last day of the month?

Usually it will take you to the next month or part of the season. (btw - it's really, really slow)

I've been having problems with Madden freezing on me lately. In franchise mode, I've simmed my way up until 2018, and now whenever I try to simulate a game, it'll just freeze. It's odd too, because I'm at 2018 on that franchise, but I also used a different franchise and got up until 2015 or so, and it freezes there.

Oh, and the stats are so unrealistic in this game. Most QB's have a 120 QB rating and throw like 50 TD's to 2 Ints.

This game isn't as good as I thought it would be. I kinda want to switch back to '07.

Yes I did sim everything on the last day of the month. I have had the same problem you are having, but I think it is because I messed up my disc. Also, I love Madden 08 100x better than 07. I don't know why, I just do!

Edited by coolio GNR

i want madden 05 back that game had a really sweet franchise mode. i loved the lil things like the radio dude and the news paper. now its just so blan like here trade or play the game haven fun . without question the gameplay has gotten better tho

I guess they're offering this jacket thing for the wii-mote.

If you have a wii, and it did not come with the jacket; It's free.

You can have up to 4.

I think that's pretty cool for Nintendo to offer this.

Considering they could have made you pay for it.

Fill out this form, and it's yours.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/jacket/jacketrequest.jsp

I don't know if there's another form for people outside of North America.

I already have a glove.

Mine as well try it out, though.

It's free.

i want madden 05 back that game had a really sweet franchise mode. i loved the lil things like the radio dude and the news paper. now its just so blan like here trade or play the game haven fun . without question the gameplay has gotten better tho

you mean owner mode?

Guest Jack_the_ripper
As you can see, I am really into this game. But that doesn't mean i've played it. I watched demos and reviews, and i really think this game is worth buying when i get my PS3. Has anyone played this game who can tell me if its worth it? (No spoilers please)

honestly, most disappointing game of the year. I also was a huge Prince of Persia fan, and had great aspirations for this game, but was greatly greatly let down, its a 6/10

I finished Kane & Lynch on Asprin, now I'm trying Codeine. Much harder, actually need to use tactics. Fragile Alliance multiplayer is brilliant. Doing Jewellery Heist and storming diners online is great fun. It's surprising hos good some people are. They can do it all themselves get all cash then turn on the rest of the team and escape with a million. Can't believe this game go such bad reviews its like one of the best games I ever played. It might be a bit realistic, like the guns don't sound like bombs going off and you just fighting regular guys not space aliens other than that it rocks. Especially The Bank Job, The Tower, Tokyo Streets and the Prison Break Out. Even when you go way out to Havana it's still pretty exciting. I can see myself playing this for a few months even though I've finished it.

i spent 5 hours playing max payne last night, havent played that game in like 4 years!

Max Payne 2 is one of the greatest games ever made.

i had this game but never finsihed it, so today i found it and started playing it gain. i may be missing something but to me it's fairly boring :sleeper: i just can't get into it. i'm on part 1 chapter 4. i'm open minded so i won't write the game off yet

i spent 5 hours playing max payne last night, havent played that game in like 4 years!

Is it Max Payne 1 or 2 that has that level where you're in a nightmare and there's a baby or something crying throughout it?

Fuck I hated that level.

Is it Max Payne 1 or 2 that has that level where you're in a nightmare and there's a baby or something crying throughout it?

Fuck I hated that level.

Max Payne 2 had some weird nightmare-ish levels, so I assume that's what you mean. They scared me back then. :confused:

Fuck I hated that level.

It's the first one, the ones where you have to run along those trails of blood with the baby crying right?? God I hated those levels. :scared: