VIDEOGAME Thread...

I'm pretty disappointed with the ps3. I loved the ps2 and invested in this system by looking at the hardware specs and it's potential. However, I only own 3 games, uncharted, ninja gaiden and motorstorm. That's all I felt were worth owning. A lot of the games are way overhyped (Heavenly Sword was pretty weak, Ratchet and Clank had great graphics but was repetitive, Resistance which was a generic sci fi shooter, etc) or the ports are much better on the xbox. I would have gotten an x-box if it wasn't for the shitty hardware. Gears of War looks amazing.

I thought the PS3 didn't do too bad for their first full year. They've really pulled themselves just recently with a lot of good games (granted, they're not all PS2 exclusive). Not to mention the software updates are pretty good to say the least (better than 360s).

Also, Gears of War is SUCH an overrated game.

Yes, it is. But it's still better than any exclusive PS3 shooter.

I'm pretty disappointed with the ps3. I loved the ps2 and invested in this system by looking at the hardware specs and it's potential. However, I only own 3 games, uncharted, ninja gaiden and motorstorm. That's all I felt were worth owning. A lot of the games are way overhyped (Heavenly Sword was pretty weak, Ratchet and Clank had great graphics but was repetitive, Resistance which was a generic sci fi shooter, etc) or the ports are much better on the xbox. I would have gotten an x-box if it wasn't for the shitty hardware. Gears of War looks amazing.

I thought the PS3 didn't do too bad for their first full year. They've really pulled themselves just recently with a lot of good games (granted, they're not all PS2 exclusive). Not to mention the software updates are pretty good to say the least (better than 360s).

Also, Gears of War is SUCH an overrated game.

I know it's overrated but it looks so cool man... :D

The ps3 is doing alright it's just that the exclusives aren't really that great yet. I talked to a developer for a gaming house recently and in his opinion the ps3 is in a precarious position. developers find it hard to code for and so the x-box is getting the better ports as well as exclusives. Why would they make exclusives for a system that has such a small user base and is so hard to code for right? By this reasoning the wii and x-box are pwning the ps3. I still think it has great potential, but man I'm starting to question my big investment...500 bucks was a lot of cash to put down for something I barely use....

are you getting sick of the wii yet? I've kept hearing on this forum and from my friends that it gets old quick. what do you say?

I know it's overrated but it looks so cool man... :D

The ps3 is doing alright it's just that the exclusives aren't really that great yet. I talked to a developer for a gaming house recently and in his opinion the ps3 is in a precarious position. developers find it hard to code for and so the x-box is getting the better ports as well as exclusives. Why would they make exclusives for a system that has such a small user base and is so hard to code for right? By this reasoning the wii and x-box are pwning the ps3. I still think it has great potential, but man I'm starting to question my big investment...500 bucks was a lot of cash to put down for something I barely use....

are you getting sick of the wii yet? I've kept hearing on this forum and from my friends that it gets old quick. what do you say?

Well, the PS3 has a bigger fanbase than you'd expect. But yeah, I get what you mean, and that is a big reason concering developers. But you know, there are very few good exclusives for the Wii right now as well. It normally takes a while for consoles to take off with great exclusives. In 08 you'll see exclusives such as MGS4, Gran Turismo5, Little Big Planet and Infamous. And that's just off the top of my head... I'm sure there's probably other good ones if I went digging for them. I dunno, all I'm saying is don't be too disappointed with your PS3 yet, it will probably come back even better than before starting 08.

And, I'm sort of getting sick of my Wii. Before Mario Galaxy, I wasn't playing it that much. In fact, I even stooped so low as to replay MP3 a THIRD time, just because there were no other good games to play. Although I haven't played DBZ: Budokai 3, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and SoulCalibur Legends yet... and all three of them look promising. The main thing I'm getting sick of with the Wii is the lack of online play (and even if there is online play, it's very basic).

Well, the PS3 has a bigger fanbase than you'd expect. But yeah, I get what you mean, and that is a big reason concering developers. But you know, there are very few good exclusives for the Wii right now as well. It normally takes a while for consoles to take off with great exclusives. In 08 you'll see exclusives such as MGS4, Gran Turismo5, Little Big Planet and Infamous. And that's just off the top of my head... I'm sure there's probably other good ones if I went digging for them. I dunno, all I'm saying is don't be too disappointed with your PS3 yet, it will probably come back even better than before starting 08.

And, I'm sort of getting sick of my Wii. Before Mario Galaxy, I wasn't playing it that much. In fact, I even stooped so low as to replay MP3 a THIRD time, just because there were no other good games to play. Although I haven't played DBZ: Budokai 3, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles and SoulCalibur Legends yet... and all three of them look promising. The main thing I'm getting sick of with the Wii is the lack of online play (and even if there is online play, it's very basic).

You're right, things are looking promising for '08...I'm hoping the system makes a huge comeback next year. Are you thinking of getting one? You have an x-box as well right?

I heard the wii is getting shut out of third party exclusives because of lack of online play and their rep as a "kiddy" console...you guys did get manhunt 2 which unfortunately was a lousy game...

I'm really looking forward to the nights sequel on the wii since the original was an amazing game...but the demos make it look kinda gay... :confused:

Edited by SylvesterStallone

You're right, things are looking promising for '08...I'm hoping the system makes a huge comeback next year. Are you thinking of getting one? You have an x-box as well right?

I heard the wii is getting shut out of third party exclusives because of lack of online play and their rep as a "kiddy" console...you guys did get manhunt 2 which unfortunately was a lousy game...

I'm really looking forward to the nights sequel on the wii since the original was an amazing game...but the demos make it look kinda gay... :confused:

Yeah, I have both Wii have 360. I never wanted a PS3 until I played my friends one, and now I absolutely love it. So I'm saving up for one. I'll hopefully have enough for one by Jan. :mellow: And yes, Manhunt was really lousy. :lol: It's a shame too, because it had so much potential to change the stereotype of kiddie Wii games. But oh well, hopefully No More Heroes will be good enough to attract some attention for mature games on the Wii, and thus more third party support.

I never played the original Nights, so I wouldn't get the same nostalgic feeling some of you have for the upcoming sequel. But yeah... from what I've seen it does look pretty gay. And I mean literally gay. :lol:

Yeah, I have both Wii have 360. I never wanted a PS3 until I played my friends one, and now I absolutely love it. So I'm saving up for one. I'll hopefully have enough for one by Jan. :mellow: And yes, Manhunt was really lousy. :lol: It's a shame too, because it had so much potential to change the stereotype of kiddie Wii games. But oh well, hopefully No More Heroes will be good enough to attract some attention for mature games on the Wii, and thus more third party support.

I never played the original Nights, so I wouldn't get the same nostalgic feeling some of you have for the upcoming sequel. But yeah... from what I've seen it does look pretty gay. And I mean literally gay. :lol:

What game did you play on the ps3? Warhawk? I heard the online was amazing...but I never did get that game...

The original nights is coming out on ps2, if you haven't played it yet...PLAY IT... :lol: It's a classic. That's why this sequel has me scratching my head going "WTF"...it looks like it's being marketed to 9 yr old girls to be honest....

What game did you play on the ps3? Warhawk? I heard the online was amazing...but I never did get that game...

The original nights is coming out on ps2, if you haven't played it yet...PLAY IT... :lol: It's a classic. That's why this sequel has me scratching my head going "WTF"...it looks like it's being marketed to 9 yr old girls to be honest....

Yeah, Warhawk was the only exclusive I played. But it really was an amazing game. You really lose track of time when you play online. Other games we played were NHL 08 and Call of Duty 4. They're not exclusives but they're still awesome games. Especially CoD4, I definetly recommend that game if you haven't already got it for the PS3. It wasn't so much the games that impressed me as it was the software. The menu reminded me a lot of the PSP menu, which is a good thing.

And the original Nights is a game I'm gonna get sooner or later. I'm just surprised it hasn't been released on Wiis Virtual console yet. I'd much prefer to buy it on there as it'll probably be cheaper than the PS2 version.

Yes, it is. But it's still better than any exclusive PS3 shooter.

Matter of opinion, I guess. I think Warhawk is miles better than GoW.

Ah, I didn't like it very much but then again I only played it for a short time.

I don't have a PS3 yet, but when FFXIII and MGS4 dances in sometime next year I'll be forced to get one. :xmasssanta:

Guest Jack_the_ripper
My girlfriend got me a wii about a week ago with Super Mario Galaxy and Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess, i added 3 games to that collection with Guitar Hero 3, Mario & Sonic Olympics and Lego Star Wars The Complete Saga. I was wondering if there are any other games you guys could recommend, i have Resident Evil 4 on the PS2 but was contemplating getting it on the wii and Rockstars Table Tennis but other than that i'm stuck on what games to get next.

rockstar table tennis sadly enough is not on wii... its on 360... yeah who's the genius who thought of that?

anyways, I'd have to suggest trauma center: new blood, trauma center: second opinion, Medal of honor: heroes 2, Metroid prime 3, Excite trucks (if you can find it), Zack & Wiki, Super paper mario, ssx blur, ghost squad, fire emblem... I could suggest my whole library, but theres some games in there myself I don't play much, but those are the titles that come to mind first.

while i waited for Xmas to come with new games last night i went made getting SNES emulators. i'm playing mario:legend of the seven stars any still play that or even remember it? i'm kind of stuck at the start :( i did the very first part and got out of the castle, ended up at home but don't know what to do from there

Guest Jack_the_ripper
while i waited for Xmas to come with new games last night i went made getting SNES emulators. i'm playing mario:legend of the seven stars any still play that or even remember it? i'm kind of stuck at the start :( i did the very first part and got out of the castle, ended up at home but don't know what to do from there

did you try walking outside the house? and once you do that, you'll see theres like your main land, and what looks like a little random patch of path just added there... walk towards that.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
so i got a wii for my little brother for xmas

anyone know any good online games for that?

games that are already out/coming out

Guitar Hero III...that's sort of it really...

have you honestly played anything else other then that to even make such a statement?

Great online game: Medal of honor: heroes 2 and well Super smash bros brawl is coming out in february, and that'll have online, so will mario kart wii when it comes out... Super mario strikers charged also has some online.

have you honestly played anything else other then that to even make such a statement?

Great online game: Medal of honor: heroes 2 and well Super smash bros brawl is coming out in february, and that'll have online, so will mario kart wii when it comes out... Super mario strikers charged also has some online.

I play plenty of other games, but it's just that, Guitar Hero is probably the biggest online game for the Wii right now. I'm sure MoH is good on there but I doubt it's the biggest.

and Super Smash Bros. isn't out yet so that doesn't count just yet...

Guest Jack_the_ripper

I play plenty of other games, but it's just that, Guitar Hero is probably the biggest online game for the Wii right now. I'm sure MoH is good on there but I doubt it's the biggest.

and Super Smash Bros. isn't out yet so that doesn't count just yet...

your over hyping guitar hero a little bit there buddy, especially considering its broken. and he said upcoming titles as well.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

the onlinesystem on Wii is a joke. And it's not even funny :(

sadly enough, I do agree.

Why were you arguing with me then? Wii online isn't good in the first place so I just listed the main game that people play on there.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Why were you arguing with me then? Wii online isn't good in the first place so I just listed the main game that people play on there.

actually, I think pokemon battle revolution and mario strikers charged has more people playing online then guitar hero III.