VIDEOGAME Thread...

I just got my modchip for my Wii in the post :), just thought I'd share that fact :P.

What does that enable you to do?

Oh and I take back everything negative I said about Medal of Honor: Airborne

Playing it online, sneaking up on someone and rifle butting them in the ass (which for some reason, instantly kills them) only to hear them scream down the mic (or depending on the age, CRYING) is the funniest thing I've done in a video game in a long time..

I just got my modchip for my Wii in the post :), just thought I'd share that fact :P.

Playing it online, sneaking up on someone and rifle butting them in the ass (which for some reason, instantly kills them) only to hear them scream down the mic (or depending on the age, CRYING) is the funniest thing I've done in a video game in a long time..

That's fucking awesome :rofl-lol:

Guest Jack_the_ripper
I have 2 Wiis and a N64. I still miss my old NES, glad I can play the games on Virtual Console, Super Mario Bros. 3 is still my all time favorite.

my gf actually gave me her old n64 and nes systems this weekend... she had a suprising collecton 2 for the nes:

super mario bros./duck hunt

blades of steel

double dragon 2

punch out

all games I love.

So, guys, top 10 for 2007 gaming wise?

1. Super Mario Galaxy

2. Portal

3. Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition

4. Guitar Hero 2

5. Call of Duty 4

6. Mass Effect

7. Half-Life 2: Episode 2

8. Super Paper Mario

9. Zelda: Phantom Hourglass

10. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

Honourable mentions: Guitar Hero 3, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Project Gotham Racing 4, Team Fortress 2, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles.

Biggest Letdowns: Assassin's Creed, Halo 3, Bioshock.. (All shit)

Games I've missed out on: Crysis and Metroid Prime 3

It's a real shame that GTA4, MGS4, Burnout: Paradise and Rock Band (over here) didn't make it out this year otherwise I would be tempted to say the best gaming year ever.

1. Super Mario Galaxy

2. Portal

4. Guitar Hero 2

5. Call of Duty 4

6. Mass Effect

8. Super Paper Mario

Honourable mentions: Guitar Hero 3, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Project Gotham Racing 4, Team Fortress 2, Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles.

It's a real shame that GTA4, MGS4, Burnout: Paradise and Rock Band (over here) didn't make it out this year otherwise I would be tempted to say the best gaming year ever.

Rock Band anyone?

Guest Jack_the_ripper

1. Super Mario Galaxy

2. Portal

4. Guitar Hero 2

5. Call of Duty 4

6. Mass Effect

8. Super Paper Mario

I mostly agree with that list, with the exception that there is absolutely no mentions of phoenix wright, trauma center, zack & wiki on that list...

However, I agree it was possibly the greatest gaming year ever. and 2008 is already shaping up to possibly beat out this year, let's see what it has to offer.

i spent 5 hours playing max payne last night, havent played that game in like 4 years!

Max Payne 2 is one of the greatest games ever made.

Is it Max Payne 1 or 2 that has that level where you're in a nightmare and there's a baby or something crying throughout it?

Fuck I hated that level.

It's the first one, the ones where you have to run along those trails of blood with the baby crying right?? God I hated those levels. :scared:

those levels are the worst, all i wanna do is kill people, not run around on a red line on some cheaply fuckin made level...

I just got my modchip for my Wii in the post :) , just thought I'd share that fact :P .

Basically it means I can download any Wii or Gamecube (or emulators) from the net, burn them onto a disc, and then play them on my Wii :); all for £20. pretty good deal I reckon.

Yeah, Im considering buying a modchip for my Wii aswell. It's pretty cheap. What's the catch?

Yeah man you definitely should, I mean think about all the money you don't have to waste on games. Getting one for my PS2 when I bought it was the best thing I ever did.

Foreseeably there isn't a "catch" unless you install it wrong and break you Wii. So if you do get one I would definitely get a professional to install it (I'm getting an electrictian friend to do mine), unless of course you are a super-awesome solderer.

Yeah, Im considering buying a modchip for my Wii aswell. It's pretty cheap. What's the catch?

Yeah man you definitely should, I mean think about all the money you don't have to waste on games. Getting one for my PS2 when I bought it was the best thing I ever did.

Foreseeably there isn't a "catch" unless you install it wrong and break you Wii. So if you do get one I would definitely get a professional to install it (I'm getting an electrictian friend to do mine), unless of course you are a super-awesome solderer.

I'm quite an awesome solderer.. So there's not catch about updating your system online etc? Everything works properly?

I don't use my Wii for online play anyway, I use my PS3 if i wanna play online.

So there's not catch about updating your system online etc? Everything works properly?

As long as you update your Wii in your own region then it's all good. Oh, and the chip is upgradable with a DVD so you don't have to worry about it not working or going out of date or stuff like that.

I'm quite an awesome solderer..

For some reason that made me laugh :lol:...

Edited by FunkyMonk

Guest Jack_the_ripper
So there's not catch about updating your system online etc? Everything works properly?

As long as you update your Wii in your own region then it's all good. Oh, and the chip is upgradable with a DVD so you don't have to worry about it not working or going out of date or stuff like that.

For some reason that made me laugh :lol:...

actually, you obviously don't know what your talking about when it comes to modded wiis. I have some friends who did it, and then they were fucked for the following reason:

Games such as mario galaxy, etc. (IE the newer games) come with built in updates, whether its to fix a cooling problem during the wii is running etc. These updates also search for mod chips, and then renders your wii entirely obsolete. It even has a warning before the update saying "if your wii is modded, this update might make your wii unplayable" the problem is, if you want to play that game, you have to do the update, with no choice of the matter... whether the game is burned or not.

For some reason that made me laugh :lol: ...

actually, you obviously don't know what your talking about when it comes to modded wiis. I have some friends who did it, and then they were fucked for the following reason:

Games such as mario galaxy, etc. (IE the newer games) come with built in updates, whether its to fix a cooling problem during the wii is running etc. These updates also search for mod chips, and then renders your wii entirely obsolete. It even has a warning before the update saying "if your wii is modded, this update might make your wii unplayable" the problem is, if you want to play that game, you have to do the update, with no choice of the matter... whether the game is burned or not.

Well if your friends bricked their Wii's then they ARE fucked; mainly because they are complete idiots to have not waited for updates to the chips to enable them to get around these new updates.

Mario Galaxy now works with chips if you install the appropriate fixes, so there's no longer any problems.

I wouldn't have risked breaking my Wii if I didn't know what I was getting myself into ;).

That's fucking awesome :rofl-lol:

Really it is!, I was just crouching on some online level and saw a guy and had the perfect opportunity to butt him in the ass with a dagger (it was either that or shoot him) and he just died, and the guy was like "For fuck sake your fucking bastard!!"

So then a few games later, the opportunity arises again, some 12 year old kid whose voice hasn't broke. Talking shit in his whiny voice, I butt him in the ass, and he CRIES. Never have I had so much gaming pleasure!