VIDEOGAME Thread...

Guest Jack_the_ripper
So there's not catch about updating your system online etc? Everything works properly?

As long as you update your Wii in your own region then it's all good. Oh, and the chip is upgradable with a DVD so you don't have to worry about it not working or going out of date or stuff like that.

I'm quite an awesome solderer..

For some reason that made me laugh :lol: ...

actually, you obviously don't know what your talking about when it comes to modded wiis. I have some friends who did it, and then they were fucked for the following reason:

Games such as mario galaxy, etc. (IE the newer games) come with built in updates, whether its to fix a cooling problem during the wii is running etc. These updates also search for mod chips, and then renders your wii entirely obsolete. It even has a warning before the update saying "if your wii is modded, this update might make your wii unplayable" the problem is, if you want to play that game, you have to do the update, with no choice of the matter... whether the game is burned or not.

Well if your friends bricked their Wii's then they ARE fucked; mainly because they are complete idiots to have not waited for updates to the chips to enable them to get around these new updates.

Mario Galaxy now works with chips if you install the appropriate fixes, so there's no longer any problems.

I wouldn't have risked breaking my Wii if I didn't know what I was getting myself into ;).

or perhaps I choose to actually you know, support an industry other then being some cheap fuck... just me though. However, chips are soon gonna be a thing of the past. They are coming down HARD on anyone with chips lately, doing HUGE busts in the states.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
So there's not catch about updating your system online etc? Everything works properly?

As long as you update your Wii in your own region then it's all good. Oh, and the chip is upgradable with a DVD so you don't have to worry about it not working or going out of date or stuff like that.

actually, you obviously don't know what your talking about when it comes to modded wiis. I have some friends who did it, and then they were fucked for the following reason:

Games such as mario galaxy, etc. (IE the newer games) come with built in updates, whether its to fix a cooling problem during the wii is running etc. These updates also search for mod chips, and then renders your wii entirely obsolete. It even has a warning before the update saying "if your wii is modded, this update might make your wii unplayable" the problem is, if you want to play that game, you have to do the update, with no choice of the matter... whether the game is burned or not.

Well if your friends bricked their Wii's then they ARE fucked; mainly because they are complete idiots to have not waited for updates to the chips to enable them to get around these new updates.

Mario Galaxy now works with chips if you install the appropriate fixes, so there's no longer any problems.

I wouldn't have risked breaking my Wii if I didn't know what I was getting myself into ;).

or perhaps I choose to actually you know, support an industry other then being some cheap fuck... just me though. However, chips are soon gonna be a thing of the past. They are coming down HARD on anyone with chips lately, doing HUGE busts in the states.

sorry I came off sounding like an ass in the post, I didn't mean it to come off like that.

Realy earlier today in the new Game Informer that there is a 'LOST' game being made.

It looks neat if your a 'LOST' fan but I don't think I'll be buying it...I never got into it.

But, 'The Orange Box' is comming out in the Spring for PS3 and I'll be picking that up. Along with Battlefield: Bad Company next month and Turok in February. :)

i'm pretty pissed off that I got assassins creed, the magazine that I buy every month gave it a 10/10 so I bought it, it blew me away initinally but now it's just repetitive. All you do is search for a veiwpoint, eavs drop on someone, pickpocket them then go assassinate some guy. I must admit it's fun when your on a horse and you mow down everyone in your path, or kill innocent people.

I wouldn't have risked breaking my Wii if I didn't know what I was getting myself into ;) .

sorry I came off sounding like an ass in the post, I didn't mean it to come off like that.

Ha that's ok man. I know getting a chip is the cheap way to go,but if I didn't get one I don't see myself ever buying more than one or two games. And at the end of the day I want to have more than just Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros., and Mario Kart in my collection :P, if you know what I mean.

And I think I did my part supporting Nintendo with the many many 64 games I have <_<...

Realy earlier today in the new Game Informer that there is a 'LOST' game being made.

It looks neat if your a 'LOST' fan but I don't think I'll be buying it...I never got into it.

But, 'The Orange Box' is comming out in the Spring for PS3 and I'll be picking that up. Along with Battlefield: Bad Company next month and Turok in February. :)

the orange box is out already for ps3. i'm buying it tommorrow

the orange box is out already for ps3. i'm buying it tommorrow

I think it's different in the United States though.

Guest Jack_the_ripper
Biggest Letdowns: Assassin's Creed, Halo 3, Bioshock.. (All shit)

umm halo yeah havent played assassins creed, but... bioshock was amazing i havent felt like that while playing a video game ever

I played through bioshock, and as amazing as it was, I think it's a little over-rated at this point. Kind of like ocarina.

Been stocking up on PS3 games recently.

Picked up COD4 and Ratchet and Clank a few weeks back, and got Assasins Creed and Smackdown Vs. Raw 08 last weekend. Loving them all at the moment, although I wish that SvR had a little more thought put into it. I love WWE and was a little dissapointed. It seems like it was rushed.

I wanted to wait for Uncharted for Xmas so it was worth the wait when I played it. (even though I played the demo already). And I also wanted to pick up Guitar Hero 3 as it seems like a cool party game thing.

My wife wanted me to get a Wii so we can play it over Xmas with the kids and family. I was hesitant as I'm not really interested in Nintendo, but I bought one anyway.

Picked up COD4 and Ratchet and Clank a few weeks back, and got Assasins Creed and Smackdown Vs. Raw 08 last weekend. Loving them all at the moment, although I wish that SvR had a little more thought put into it. I love WWE and was a little dissapointed. It seems like it was rushed.

I wanted to wait for Uncharted for Xmas so it was worth the wait when I played it. (even though I played the demo already). And I also wanted to pick up Guitar Hero 3 as it seems like a cool party game thing.

My wife wanted me to get a Wii so we can play it over Xmas with the kids and family. I was hesitant as I'm not really interested in Nintendo, but I bought one anyway.

rachet looks so fun :xmasssanta: i picked it up last week

GH III looks fun. And i really enjoy playing my friends GHII.

But i'll probably wait until the price drops a bit until i get it (I think paying £60 for a game is a bit excessive!)

But i'll probably wait until the price drops a bit until i get it (I think paying £60 for a game is a bit excessive!)

You could buy a PS2-to-PS3 controller converter, and just buy the Guitar Hero 3 game by itself for £25, and use your existing Guitar Hero controllers.

I have Smackdown vs Raw 2008 and have barely played it, I don't really like the controller system for this one, and choosing activies to do on your "Days off" is shit after a while.

And how Season is SO inconsistent really REALLY pisses me off.

Example

From Starting Career up till Backlash, I'm in a feud with Edge and Cena all 3 of us are fighting for the no.1 Contender spot, eventually, at Backlash, it was me vs Cena for the no.1 spot. I won.

On Raw the next night, Cena is the champ!?!??! And I'm a feud with Khali, Kenny Dykestra and Foley for the no.1 contender spot.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

Ratchet looked great until galaxy came out... now its just peanuts.

on San Andreas

Go to the mountain, go to the top and collect the parachute, get on the bike at the top to start the challange. Ride off to the right by a sight seeing area with a ramp, and then ride off the side of the mountain. get off the bike and open the parachute. If it worked you be back at the top of the mountain on the bike with the parachute open. You won't ever fall off the bike with that parachute like that.

Really cool.